CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone watch America's Next Top Model?

+18
krys419
Butterfly126
Russet
DaButterflyBAP
chynadoll8799
Sunshyne
MissyMani
JazmineB
Karameldiva1978
Lynnieluve
cyclingchick
Free2BMe :)
priceless
BajanPrincess82
cutiezphib
LCnewjourney
Mzbush
CurlyQueso
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Does anyone watch America's Next Top Model? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does anyone watch America's Next Top Model?

Post by Russet 4th October 2010, 11:03 am

Brainiac wrote:To be honest Tara's hair did not look so healthy anyways it already looked damaged. And someone commented that about natural not being good enough. I know its sad, but natural curly hair is not high fashion. Even with white girls u dont see them with curly hair. They want it straight or slick back.

And I say this all the time when Tyra gives makeovers, she know she's wrong cutting off all a black woman's hair then expect them to perform like a high fashion model.

And PS Did anyone notice that other black girl that wear the glasses? Tyra gave her contacts now. She was flirting with that male model during there photoshoot. Why did they give that girl a weave? Her hair looks exactly the same. If they wanted fullness then give her extensions, not a weave.

I have to disagree with that. I think a fro is more high fashion than a pixie. I would agree that the color wasn't high fashion. They could've dyed it darker and kept her curls, or even added some kinky hair to it to make it bigger. Jade, Yaya, Brandy, and this other girl can't remember her name all had natural hair and although they probably didn't win, they sure as hell looked high fashion in their shoots.
Russet
Russet

Back to top Go down

Does anyone watch America's Next Top Model? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does anyone watch America's Next Top Model?

Post by Muz 4th October 2010, 11:20 am

The thing that gets me is they've had natural girls on there before, and I can't recall them actually perming anyone else's hair. But Tara had been a bit of a crybaby the entire time she was there, so maybe they saw perming and cutting all of her hair off as a way to find an excuse to get rid of her? I do think it was wrong as hell to eliminate her for not liking her makeover though.
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2