CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone watch America's Next Top Model?

+18
krys419
Butterfly126
Russet
DaButterflyBAP
chynadoll8799
Sunshyne
MissyMani
JazmineB
Karameldiva1978
Lynnieluve
cyclingchick
Free2BMe :)
priceless
BajanPrincess82
cutiezphib
LCnewjourney
Mzbush
CurlyQueso
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Does anyone watch America's Next Top Model? Empty Does anyone watch America's Next Top Model?

Post by CurlyQueso 23rd September 2010, 11:18 am

Between being a full-time student, working 2 jobs, a member of a sorority (Z-PHIIIII), and a member of a dance team, I rarely watch tv; so I record everything (I don't know what I would do if I didn't have AT&T U-VERSE). Anyway, I watched a recording of America's Next Top Model and Tara, a fellow curlie, was forced to perm her hair, cut it, and then sent home 5 minutes later. I'm so mad! I understand makeovers take models to the next level, but what about the girls who just wants to try something new and say "hey, what about modeling?" Or the girls, like Tara, who get their makeovers, hate them, and are sent home? Especially a makeover as dramatic as going from shoulder length natural hair to short permed hair! All that effort into going natural and now, if she chooses, has to start all over again. I feel bad for her Sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYiz6Qd6PwE

Any comments?
CurlyQueso
CurlyQueso

Back to top Go down

Does anyone watch America's Next Top Model? Empty Re: Does anyone watch America's Next Top Model?

Post by Mzbush 23rd September 2010, 12:43 pm

I was hoping someone caught that. Did they actually perm it? I was actually thinking about it on the way to work...hoping that they just straightened it with a flat iron or something because that COULD have been done instead of perming it. I couldn't believe they did that to her. You know someone else could've gone home instead of her. I felt for her and her sister. I'm a little mad at Tyra for that. I kept hoping that she would reappear somewhere later in the show. =o(
Mzbush
Mzbush

Back to top Go down

Does anyone watch America's Next Top Model? Empty Re: Does anyone watch America's Next Top Model?

Post by LCnewjourney 23rd September 2010, 2:03 pm

I thought the exact same thing when I saw it (thank baby Jesus for AT&T U-verse, lol!). She had such cute curls and I saw them slapping that white cream on it and I was like "ooooooooh, heck no!" And then to send her home right after was just plain wrong. She didn't really comment on the perm thing, so I wondered if she even cared about that. She seemed to care more about the length than the perm.

LCnewjourney

Back to top Go down

Post by cutiezphib 23rd September 2010, 2:18 pm

zzzzphi soror!!! Very Happy Just saw the show and I feel like the rest of you that it was and down right crazy. I remember Tyra saying that she wanted to promote all kinds of beauty how could she have allowed such a thing to take place!!! I've been through with America's Next top model for awhile now anyway!
cutiezphib
cutiezphib

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 23rd September 2010, 3:18 pm

I'm confused. I didn't see the full episode, but from the snippets I've watched on Youtube, Terra's hair was straight, not natural. Did I miss something?
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 23rd September 2010, 5:33 pm

Her hair was natural and she blew it out and straighten it from time to time. For her makeover they did put a perm in it which i was mad that they send her home right after that. They could have let her take the challenge photos to see what she got before they canned her. I would have been so upset to have to perm my hair and then get sent home in the same hour.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2BMe :) 23rd September 2010, 6:08 pm

LCnewjourney wrote:I thought the exact same thing when I saw it (thank baby Jesus for AT&T U-verse, lol!). She had such cute curls and I saw them slapping that white cream on it and I was like "ooooooooh, heck no!" And then to send her home right after was just plain wrong. She didn't really comment on the perm thing, so I wondered if she even cared about that. She seemed to care more about the length than the perm.

I was thinking she didn't care about it either because she didn't say anything, but then I realized Tyra MAY HAVE edited that part out so she won't look bad. I've read many places that Tyra is fake and many of her guests on her talk show have said they made her say things that weren't true so she could get higher ratings. Like on one episode a boy that said he doesn't like dark-skinned people, later said on a video it wasn't true but Tyra asked him to say it. And IMO she talks about herself a lot.
Haha sorry about this mini Tyra rant.

http://xoxo-chichi.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 23rd September 2010, 7:32 pm

Poor girl...I feel bad for her. No
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 23rd September 2010, 7:43 pm

cyclingchick wrote:Poor girl...I feel bad for her. No

Me too!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Karameldiva1978 23rd September 2010, 7:57 pm

They are wrong on SO many levels behind that!! I was fine watching the makeover and being pissed, but the breakdown between her and her sister just killed me. I was boo hooing with them.....can we say PMSing?? lol
Karameldiva1978
Karameldiva1978

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 24th September 2010, 6:44 am

I saw the previews at first and watching the white girl crying about getting an afro, i was like wtf?

Im glad that was just a joke, but i feel so bad for tara. not because they cut it or permed her hair, but because they sent her home before she even LEFT the salon.

but then again, she shouldn't be surprised that they cut her hair, they do that to half of the black girls on there. I don't know how much of the decision is Tyra's and how much of it is the producers', but they should definitely try giving one of them a natural style for a change. If you look at all of the models on tv commercials and magazines, they all have natural hair. I guess for some reason they think only straight hair is high fashion? IDK
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyMani 24th September 2010, 6:01 pm

I think it's an absolute SHAME that they do that and @cutiezphib i totally agree with you about tyra always promoting beauty of different ethnicites and shades but you never see an ALL natural top model or if they do have a curly on the show, they do what they did to terra, perm it and cut it.. i was Soooooo sad when i saw that... and then send her home. I think that is what is wrong with america today. Another antm girl yaya recently permed and cut her hair and i was shocked b/c her hair was BEAUTifUL!! thats the trouble of being in hollywood or the "industry" its just a shame.
No
MissyMani
MissyMani

https://www.youtube.com/trudamaliandiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshyne 24th September 2010, 11:00 pm

...I think I would've ran out of the chair if they even came near me with that stuff...not after all the effort to grow it...uh uh!!! Why not give the girl tracks...come on now Tyra...you should know better!
Sunshyne
Sunshyne

Back to top Go down

Post by chynadoll8799 24th September 2010, 11:12 pm

that sucks. It really SUCKS!

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

Post by DaButterflyBAP 25th September 2010, 8:12 am

That's the reason why I don't mess with that show! Tyra does things for drama. It isn't a true model search show. The winners said that Tyra acts like she doesn't even know them!
DaButterflyBAP
DaButterflyBAP

http://butterflybap.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyQueso 25th September 2010, 9:39 am

@Sunshyne I agree with you. Instead of making such a drastic change, they could have achieved the exact same hairstyle with weave.

@DaButterflyBAP I've heard that Tyra can act a little weird. When she would bring guest on her show for the various topics, she wouldn't even acknowledge them until they came on stage.
CurlyQueso
CurlyQueso

Back to top Go down

Post by Russet 25th September 2010, 11:50 pm

While she was in the chair getting the creamy crack slapped on her tresses she was boo hooing. So I'm assuming she was crying because of the relaxer, THEN she got her hair cut. But after her makeover, she appeared to have gotten some color put on her hair because not only was her hair short and permed, but it was darker as well. Idk if anyone caught that too.
Russet
Russet

Back to top Go down

Post by DaButterflyBAP 26th September 2010, 4:25 am

Well this year she widened this girl's gap in her teeth. Remember when she insisted that Danielle close her gap? Instead of being an innovator and creating the trend, Tyra chose to follow it. There have been girls with natural hair on the show before, but I have NEVER seen any of the other contestants get a relaxer.
DaButterflyBAP
DaButterflyBAP

http://butterflybap.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyQueso 26th September 2010, 2:14 pm

@ AuBurn Yea I remember it was like a reddish/brown when she was natural and after the makeover it was black. Tyra and everyone on that show is always talking about making sure your hair is healthy and blah blah blah, yet, they perm and color her hair in one sitting. Aren't you supposed to wait like 2 weeks to color after a perm?
CurlyQueso
CurlyQueso

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly126 26th September 2010, 3:09 pm

OMG I was so mad when I saw that episode!! First a girl cries about getting an afro as if its some kind of disease, then they relax that poor girl's natural hair!!! I LOVE Tyra but its almost as if she's trying to say that natural hair isn't pretty enough for the fashion industry or in general!
Butterfly126
Butterfly126

Back to top Go down

Post by Mzbush 27th September 2010, 10:01 am

You know, I thought the same thing. It's almost like they are trying to say that natural hair isn't pretty enough cause they're quick to give someone a sew-in (which they could've done for Terra). I just remembered that Bri had BEAUTIFUL natural hair. I'm glad they left her alone. I love Tyra too but I do get tired of her going on and on about herself. I think she does it to make girls feel like they are just as good or pretty as her. I think she does it to boost self-confidence but it doesn't always come across that way.
Mzbush
Mzbush

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 27th September 2010, 11:54 am

Wow those btches cut off all her hair then had the nerve to glue a bang on her!! wow

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainiac 27th September 2010, 2:07 pm

To be honest Tara's hair did not look so healthy anyways it already looked damaged. And someone commented that about natural not being good enough. I know its sad, but natural curly hair is not high fashion. Even with white girls u dont see them with curly hair. They want it straight or slick back.

And I say this all the time when Tyra gives makeovers, she know she's wrong cutting off all a black woman's hair then expect them to perform like a high fashion model.

And PS Did anyone notice that other black girl that wear the glasses? Tyra gave her contacts now. She was flirting with that male model during there photoshoot. Why did they give that girl a weave? Her hair looks exactly the same. If they wanted fullness then give her extensions, not a weave.

Brainiac

Back to top Go down

Post by SeanymphPrincess 27th September 2010, 10:42 pm

Tyra is a HYPOCRITE!!!! Can't stand her ass!!!!
SeanymphPrincess
SeanymphPrincess

Back to top Go down

Post by AmariC05 28th September 2010, 11:23 am

JazmineB wrote:...i feel so bad for tara. not because they cut it or permed her hair, but because they sent her home before she even LEFT the salon....

My point exactly, she probably could have dealt better with the makeover if given a chance to rock it! Tyra is getting a little over the top with these eliminations.
AmariC05
AmariC05

http://www.annalisa-online.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next