CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

un-bunable hair? does anyone else have this?

+4
alessialele
Tmochava
Ms.Fenty
komirra
8 posters

Go down

un-bunable  hair? does anyone else have this? Empty un-bunable hair? does anyone else have this?

Post by komirra 20th September 2010, 12:40 am

For the life of me I cant seen to be able to bun my hair! in the beginning of my transition like 1-5 months post it was very doable, but after the 6 month mark it was difficult. know tht im 11 month i cant forget it! its like my hair is too thick to bun. I practically have the same length of hair, abt bsl, but alot of it is natural now. does anyone else have this problem? has anyone found a solution?
komirra
komirra

Back to top Go down

un-bunable  hair? does anyone else have this? Empty Re: un-bunable hair? does anyone else have this?

Post by Ms.Fenty 20th September 2010, 12:56 am

I'm almost 8 months post (on Tuesday, yeah) and I wet bun in the shower; soaking wet hair, gel and scarf. I got the idea/method mainly From watching a video by AfricanExport on Youtube. I also got a few other tips from a few blogs (Her Best Hair and Newly Natural) about actually getting all my hair into a ponytail/bun
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

un-bunable  hair? does anyone else have this? Empty Re: un-bunable hair? does anyone else have this?

Post by Tmochava 20th September 2010, 11:23 am

I have the same problem, my hair is to thick too get in a bun especially at this stage and length. I've been transitioning for 15 months now and since I can't get my hair in a bun like I did when I first started trasnsitioning, I now put my hair in a "transitioning puff" as I like to call it. I actually like it better than a bun.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by alessialele 20th September 2010, 2:25 pm

I'm 6 months post now and I've been having this problem as well. My hair looks lumpy when I try to do the bun so I'm kind of stuck right now.
alessialele
alessialele

Back to top Go down

Post by EagerCurler 20th September 2010, 4:33 pm

I use the hosiery method!!! I guess as u can see I dont have much length for a ponytail with a regular scrunchie....

9 mos in my transition...I take 3 or 4th day hair, spritz with water bottle, slap on some shea butter and gel and use the pantyhose to bring up the sides and tighten... not really a ponytail more like a puff lol

HTH
EagerCurler
EagerCurler

Back to top Go down

Post by purplec18 30th September 2010, 1:15 pm

Im 8 months in and if I dont detangle its hard to get my hair and one and they say that you shouldnt detangle transitioning hair...so I dont know what to do and I have to go to class almost everyday
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

un-bunable  hair? does anyone else have this? Empty detangling transitioning hair

Post by molove87 30th September 2010, 4:58 pm

@PURPLEC18, I detangle my hair all the time and I'm in my eleventh month of transitioning. I have been doing a lot of research on natural hair, and what I know you should is pay close attention to the demarcation line(the point where the new growth and relaxed hair meet) and your ends. It's important they they receive plenty of moisture.

Have you found out your hair type? this may help when buying products.. but back to the original question, I detangle in the shower with my conditioner and wide tooth comb, I like this method better than under the sink. I double twist my hair to my scalp, straight back, in two twists in order to stretch. Of course I moisturize and seal my ends but this helps me out a lot with styling.

Good luck! HTH woot!
molove87
molove87

Back to top Go down

Post by purplec18 30th September 2010, 8:12 pm

I am black not mixed with anything...and I was told I have 4a/4b hair...but thats a big W/E...I am changing my regimen and on an exploration with that I am going to buy Garnier Frutuis Fortifying Sleek and Shine Shampoo and amd Gonna try the henna n placenta for a deep conditioner....I am gonna start detangling but even when i do I get a poof
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 30th September 2010, 11:39 pm

Eitehr you need to detangle and comb and bun while dry or detangle, blow out, and flat iron and bun and use some spritz and cool blow dry it.

Only options

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down