CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very thin permed hair

2 posters

Go down

Very thin permed hair Empty Very thin permed hair

Post by KimmyBoo 18th September 2010, 5:57 pm

Hi Ladies!
I had my last relaxer Mid-May, so I'm currently 4 months post. I have severe breakage, shedding & thinning to my hair. I love the feel of my new growth & am amazed at how fast it's growing. Can anyone suggest certain hairstyles I can use to better maintain my thin, permed ends? confused I'm not comfortable with doing the BC yet, maybe in another 4-5 months. I always perm rods my hair, but lately it's getting a bit difficult, because of the 2 different hair textures Sad Please help!
KimmyBoo
KimmyBoo

Back to top Go down

Very thin permed hair Empty Re: Very thin permed hair

Post by Naturally Esq 19th September 2010, 12:15 am

I have 4a/b fine hair. Some styles that work for me are the two stand twist out and the braid out. I twist or braid the natural hair section and roll the relaxed ends on straws or perm rods.

Here are the links to more information on this site: http://www.curlynikki.com/search/label/Down%20and%20Out

http://www.curlynikki.com/search/label/CurlyNikki%20Vids-%20How-to%20Pictorials

The products that you use to style your hair can make a big difference in how it turns out. What products are you using?
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyBoo 19th September 2010, 5:37 pm

Ok thanx..I use a mixture of products:
CD Khoret Amen Shampoo & Hair Smoothie
Organix Cononut Milk Shampoo & Conditioner (mostly use for co-wash)
Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In(after washing)
Organic Olive Oil Growth Lotion & Palmer's Coconut Hair Milk(to style daily)
Organic Olive Oil Mist Spray (when I get ready to go out)
Doo-Gro Anti Itch Growth Oil (twice a wk)

KimmyBoo
KimmyBoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 19th September 2010, 5:55 pm

1. Some of the products that you are using (Organix, Cantu, Organic Olive Oil, and Doo-Gro) have either cone and/ or parabens in them. cones and parabens block nutrients from your hair and may be a cause of your breakage and thinning. You should clarify with an ACV rinse to remove any build up on your hair, then shampoo, DC etc. I suggest that you use more products without cones and.or parabens like CD, Sheamoisture, Giovanni etc.

2. I did not see any stylers in your list of products. You will need a styler in order to get your relaxed hair to hold the style/set. I suggest that you use something light that will not weigh your hair down. I use Giovanni Natural Mousse Hair Styling Foam and/or Giovanni LA Natural Style Gel.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down