CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thin Hair!!!!

3 posters

Go down

Thin Hair!!!! Empty Thin Hair!!!!

Post by Monique 8th December 2009, 8:54 pm

So I'm new to this forum, but I have been reading CN for a couple of months now. All of the advice has been really helpful.

A little background on me. As a little girl, my hair was always long and thick. There was even a moment when I had waist length hair. I begged my mother for a perm and that was the end of that era. I deeply regret it til this day.

I'm now 27 years old and I have been natural since February 2007. I thought that this would increase my length and thickness of my hair, but I really have not seen the results that I wanted.

My hair is shoulder length currently, but my main problem is my hair is thin at the crown (top) of my head. I first noticed this change about one to two years ago and contributed it to stress from school and straightening my hair. Even when its in natural state, it's still thin and has little volume.

What do you guys suggest?

Monique

Back to top Go down

Thin Hair!!!! Empty Re: Thin Hair!!!!

Post by newme10 8th December 2009, 11:44 pm

Hello Monique, I'm new to the site as well and love it! My hair is naturally curly and is thin as well, especially at the top. I haven't found any natural solutions for re-growth but I did post a question about it about 3 days ago and when I hear back I will sure enlighten you! Stay encouraged!

newme10

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 9th January 2010, 7:41 pm

Hi ladies! I have this same problem and I've been natural for almost 2 years. Mine is attribruted to genetics, color damage, and medications. I no longer use that same color and my medication has been changed. Since being natural my hair has thickened, but my crown is still a trouble spot.

Most recently I did a bentonite clay hair mask and I noticed my hair was thicker all over including the crown area. Also, I make sure I use oils that are known to promote hair growth in this area. I massage a blend of various oils in this area before I style my hair and several times throughout the week. I make sure to be very gentle with this hair as I need to retain lenth.

There are several threads in this folder that detail oils that promote hair growth. I use coconut peppermint, rosemary, sage, neem, castor, olive, and avacado oils to name a few. You can blend them together for an oil mixture or you can select your favorites and add them to shampoo, conditioners, leave-ins. If you research any of these you will find that they are good skin moisturizers and great for massage oils. So they will be moisturizing to your scalp. This is important because you want your scalp to be healthy as well.

If its still serious and you're not getting any results I would suggest going to a dermatologist. I've heard other natural sisters say that rogaine is a good option, but I've never used it myself.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down