CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you have to trim your ends

2 posters

Go down

Do you have to trim your ends Empty Do you have to trim your ends

Post by purplec18 18th September 2010, 1:44 pm

I've been transitioning for about 7 months now...and I never cut my ends? pale Do you like have to cut your ends? confused Im a long term transitioner and I wear my hair in a pony-tail pinned up for school...but it dont have like ridiculous breakage or anything but I have I guess the normal breakage...Oh and what is the purpose of a pre-poo and how do you do it?
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Do you have to trim your ends Empty Re: Do you have to trim your ends

Post by naturallyu 18th September 2010, 11:16 pm

Hello fellow transitioner. I was actually in the same boat about a year ago. I initially transitioned by not getting a professional trim in almost a year. Every once in awhile I would straighten my hair and cut the very tips off of my ponytail but it was very minimal. I also didn't have significant breakage. This year I have incorporated a lot of trims into my regimen because I want to get rid of the relaxed ends. I would think after awhile you would have to trim your ends if you want to get rid of the relaxed hair. Plus, over time the relaxed hair starts becoming very weak compared to the natural hair no matter how many protein treatments or deep treatments you do. To answer your other question a prepoo can be used prior to shampooing your hair so that you will not strip all of the moisture from your hair. I use a prepoo of oils or conditioners on my hair before I shampoo my hair. I actually believe that it helps with the detangling process too and thus I faithfully do a prepoo prior to a shampoo. HTH. Good luck on your journey. Very Happy
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by purplec18 19th September 2010, 4:05 pm

Thank You...my hair isnt that damaged, but I do notice my relaxed ends feeling a little more lifeless than my natural hair...Thanks Again I will take your advice I hate cutting my hair...but I need a trim...I cant do it myself I'm too scared and my mother clips off too much of my hair...so I'll go to the salon and if they cut too much then I guess I wont pay...lol! Very Happy Thanks Again!
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down