CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats the best way to trim ends durning a transistion?

5 posters

Go down

Whats the best way to trim ends durning a transistion? Empty Whats the best way to trim ends durning a transistion?

Post by MsKendrala 31st December 2009, 8:48 pm

Straight?
Wet?
Dry?
I have a tendency to be scissor happy. Sometimes I cut for the heck of cutting, but I need to know the healthiest and most effective way to clip my ends while I'm transitioning.

Any suggestions?
MsKendrala
MsKendrala

http://twitter.com/MsKendrala

Back to top Go down

Whats the best way to trim ends durning a transistion? Empty Re: Whats the best way to trim ends durning a transistion?

Post by Alta Angel 5th January 2010, 12:46 pm

Hi,

I get my hair professionally steamed and flat ironed once a month, and my stylist will cut my hair only when dry and straight. Of course this is because although I am transitioning, my hair is cut in a layered style. I have seen postings on other blogs where people regretted cutting their transitioning hair wet or dry but not straightened because the resulting cut was an uneven mess.

Sooooo, my advice is to put the scissors down, walk away, and only cut when your hair has been straightened! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Alta Angel

Back to top Go down

Whats the best way to trim ends durning a transistion? Empty Re: Whats the best way to trim ends durning a transistion?

Post by LadyLexus 5th January 2010, 9:14 pm

I went to a salon where there was someone that specialized in natural hair and she does the trim while my hair is wet. This makes it easier to comb through and trim all around the head, working with the layers I already have. This works really well for me since it allows me to stay away from heat and continue only wearing my curly styles. (twistouts and braidouts) I haven't had any problems with unevenness, but I guess it just depends on who you go to for your trim.
LadyLexus
LadyLexus

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKendrala 7th January 2010, 3:17 am

LadyLexus wrote:I went to a salon where there was someone that specialized in natural hair and she does the trim while my hair is wet. This makes it easier to comb through and trim all around the head, working with the layers I already have. This works really well for me since it allows me to stay away from heat and continue only wearing my curly styles. (twistouts and braidouts) I haven't had any problems with unevenness, but I guess it just depends on who you go to for your trim.

I have this HUGE phobia of letting people near my hair with scissors. I don't like to let ppl in my hair period because it never turns out good. But thanks for the info. I'll look into finding some place that specializes in natural hair...
MsKendrala
MsKendrala

http://twitter.com/MsKendrala

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 7th January 2010, 3:34 am

@MsKendraia...what up Detroit (My Home Town)...I have been transitioning since September 09 and I clip my ends every two months roughly. I try to stay away from my shears cause I start getting carried away..lol
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by BotanyGrl 7th January 2010, 6:35 pm

I do an 1/2 to 1 inch trim on dry hair when I straighten... which is not often. And a search and destroy on dry hair every 2 weeks.
BotanyGrl
BotanyGrl

http://www.hairmilk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down