CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural Hair Care help needed urgently!.....

2 posters

Go down

Natural Hair Care help needed urgently!..... Empty Natural Hair Care help needed urgently!.....

Post by purplec18 17th September 2010, 7:29 pm

Ok...I dont plan on doing the big chop, but I'm sticking to natural and I was wondering if you guys could give me some help with good leave-in's treatments, etc.......My hair is dry and hard to comb...so............I really need help I currently use the organic root stimulator like with shampoo and hair mayonaise afterwards I just apply EVOO to my hair. I was thinking of buying shea butter, but they say it weighs down your hair and stop's growth and I need my hair to grow now...So......whats make you ladies hair grow faster....keeping it strong? shampoo's, conditioner's, leave-in's and other hair products that are affordable will be helpful...THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Natural Hair Care help needed urgently!..... Empty Re: Natural Hair Care help needed urgently!.....

Post by Naturally Esq 17th September 2010, 10:44 pm

What is your hair type? What are the names of all of the products that you are using?
1. Be sure to balance moisture and protein. This is the link to a great article and there is a hair test at the end: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?singlepage=true&cat=69

I have 4a/b fine textured hair that loves protein. I use Giovanni Products that can be bought at Whole Foods, Target, Walmart, CVS, Pharmaca, and health food stores. Once a week, I use Giovanni Smooth As Silk (SAS) Deeper Moisture Shampoo to poo, SAS Deeper Moisture Conditioner and Reconstructor to DC, SAS Xtreme Protein Infusion or Direct Leave In as my leave in, I set my hair with Giovanni Natural Mousse Hair Styling Foam and/or Giovanni LA Natural Style Gel. I seal with Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie or EVCO or castor oil. When I need a moisture boost I use Vatika oil and Direct Leave In. I use the braid outs, curl outs or Curlformers to style.
HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Natural Hair Care help needed urgently!..... Empty Re: Natural Hair Care help needed urgently!.....

Post by purplec18 17th September 2010, 11:38 pm

I have 4a/b same type hair as you but I jus called it "black" hair...there is no target walgreens, and any of the other stores you have mentioned in my location. I am from the Bahamas. I use the organic root stimulator creamy aloe shampoo and hair mayonaise. I use olive oil as a leave in conditioner and thats all I did to my hair...I dont conditiong or anything daily, because I dont want it to be too oily so I dont wanna keep applying EVOO....but thats all I do...I try to detangle but it doesnt really work and I get frustated. They sell the Curls Products line over here...and thats about it, Idk what all is out there
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 18th September 2010, 12:12 am

You can order those products from www.amazon.com or you can try to make your own: http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/general-f3/homemade-products-anyone-t1307.htm?highlight=homemade

The organic root stimulator creamy aloe shampoo has ingredients that are very drying to your hair: Water Aqua , Cocamidopropyldimethylamine Propionate , Trideceth-7 Carboxylic Acid , PPG-5-Ceteth-10 Phosphate , Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate , Ammonium Laureth Sulfate , Lauramide Glucoside , Lauryl Glucoside , Polyquaternium-10 , Cocoglucoside , Glyceryl Oleate , Disodiium EDTA , Olive Oil Olea Europaea , Cetrimonium Carboxydecyl , PEG-8 Dimethicone , Cetrimonium Chloride , Sulfated Castor Oil , Lecithin , Propylene Glycol , PEG-12 Oleate , Silicone Quaternium-2 , Panthenol Succinate , Fragrance Parfum , Aloe Barbadensis Gel , Glyceryl Polymethacrylate , Propylene Glycol , Polyquaternium-7 , Cocamide MEA , Glycol Distearate , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Triethanolamine , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Propylene Glycol , Propyl Paraben , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Green No. 3 Cl 42053 , Yellow No. 5 Cl 19140

My hair does not absorb EVOO. Coconut oil is one of the few oils absorbed by the hair, your hair will be soft, moist, have a sheen but will not be oily. Look for products that have coconut oil or see if you can buy EVCO. You can apply aloe vera gel on top of EVCO as a styler.

Do you have stores that sell Herbal Essence or VO5? If yes, just make sure that the products do not contain sulfates.

I have seen mixed reviews on the Curls Products.

Whatever products you try, make sure to first do a ACV rinse to remove product build up.

HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by purplec18 18th September 2010, 12:18 am

Yeah the stores sell Herbal Essences, they sell like regualar products but they wouldn't sell like Kinky-Curly or something like that the only organic hair product line that I know of that I have access to is CURLS. I probably have to check some health stores, but they mainly only sell products for the body when I last checked, which was years ago but I'll check them out. I checked GNC but the shampoo they have has a bunch of unknown ingredients. I tried coconut but it wasn't EVCO so...it stripped my hair it had ingredients like "fragance", petrolium, mineral oil and all other things which made my hair itch and feel hard but was very oily
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 18th September 2010, 12:31 am

Herbal Essence Hello Hydration conditioner is very good. You can use it to condition and/or co wash. The shampoo is very drying because it has sulfates. Check the health food stores for Giovanni or Aubrey Organics hair products. You might also find Dr. Bonner's products and castille soap that you can dilute and use as a shampoo.

Just use EVCO. You can buy it in the grocery store and health food stores. If there are any Indian stores there, you might try Vatika oil which is coconut oil plus alma and henna.

Have you seen Garnier Fructis or Aussie Moist products? They maybe in the drug stores or grocery stores.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by purplec18 18th September 2010, 12:35 am

yeah they sell it as Lowe's pharmarcy...they sell all the regular brands they just dont sell special line's like Miss Jessie's and Kinky-Curly but the other stuff are sold in food stores. Yes, they have Garnier Fructis and Aussie. I think the Vatika sounds good because I was try the henna and pure coconut oil but what's alma? I used Herbal Essences Totally Twisted as a co-wash and it completely robbed my hair like it was softer before and it was completely hard...i tried it before w/ the 2-in-1 on my perm hair and it was "ok" but when I tried just conditioner...it was not so good
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 18th September 2010, 12:54 am

Sorry, I meant to say amla.

OK, so now you have to have a routine. I suggest that your clarify with an ACV rinse, the pre poo with coconut oil or Vatika oil, then shampoo with a non sulfate shampoo by Herbal Essence or Garnier Fructis or Aussie, DC with Aussie Moist 3minute Miracle but leave it in for 20-30 minutes, detangle and rinse, apply HE Hello Hydration, detangle and rinse, apply EVCO and Aussie hair insurance leave in, then style with aloe vera gel. You may have to apply Aussie hair insurance and EVCO daily to remoisturize.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by purplec18 18th September 2010, 12:58 am

ok what's ACV, DC, and I still dont know what amla is...
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 18th September 2010, 1:08 am

ACV is apple cider vinegar. You mix about 1-2 Tablespoons in at least 8oz or more of water and pour it on your hair. It will remove product build up and rebalance your hair's pH. Because your hair is very dry, you should do this before you shampoo, condition etc.

DC is deep conditioner.

Amla is indian gooseberry. It promotes hair growth by strengthening the roots of the hair. Also helps with premature graying and can tone down henna coppery reds to reddish browns. It is an ingredient in Vatika oil.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by purplec18 18th September 2010, 1:11 am

Oh ok, I did the Apple Cide Vinegar was before and my hair was softer...but...I didnt know how much to use...in comparison to the amount of water....and my mom told me not to guess around....cause I might end up drying my hair instead of moisturizing

One more question and thanks so much for your feedback I really appreciate it, because I already got suggestions to perm it and it was kinda dawning upon me. Have you ever tried vatika oil? and was it good? I doubt I could find it but I guess I will get my mother to order it online or something
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 18th September 2010, 1:27 am

Your mom was correct about ACV. You have to be careful. I use it first, then shampoo, condition etc.

Yes, I use Vatika oil to pre poo and as a daily moisturizer with my leave in conditioner. Just a little, leaves my hair soft, moist and shiny. If you can not find the Vatika oil, use EVCO or Virgin CO, you can find that in the grocery store. I bought a 4 pack of Vatika on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Dabur-Vatika-Hair-300-ml-Bottles/dp/B002P3L08Q/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1282140993&sr=8-4

If you see Yes to Tomatoes or Yes to Carrot products in the drug store, you can try them.

The important thing is to have a routine, so that your hair gets moisture and protein on a regular schedule.

Let me know if you have any questions AND how it works for you.

Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by purplec18 18th September 2010, 1:31 am

THANK YOU SO MUCH I WILL TRY YOUR REGIMEN AS SOON AS THE STORE OPENS...LOL ITS NIGHT THERE CLOSED...BUT I WILL TRY IT ONLY THING I PROBABLY WONT GET THE VATIKA OIL...BUT THANKS AGAIN SO MUCH YOU DONT KNOW HOW MUCH THIS MEANS TO ME....! I WILL LET YOU KNOW! ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 18th September 2010, 1:34 am

You are welcome. I am glad that I could help you.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by purplec18 18th September 2010, 1:47 am

Okay. Thanks once again and have a wonderful night!
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down