CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural Hair Care Store

+2
SwirlyCurls90
Desi1031
6 posters

Go down

Natural Hair Care Store Empty Natural Hair Care Store

Post by Desi1031 2nd October 2010, 11:47 am

Hello, this is my first post but I love this site and read CurlyNikki daily. I would like your participation in a survey of sorts.

If you could walk in a store that catered to all natural curls...what products/appliances/services/information would you like to be available in the store on a daily basis?

Thank you in advance for your answers. I have a dream of a store like this and it won't seem to go away so I needed to ask my favorite people what they would want in a store like this.

Desi1031/Tracie
Desi1031
Desi1031

Back to top Go down

Natural Hair Care Store Empty Re: Natural Hair Care Store

Post by SwirlyCurls90 2nd October 2010, 12:58 pm

I would like it to carry brands like Kinky Curly, Miss Jessie's, Carol's Daughter, Afroveda, Oyin Handmade, Qhemet biologics, Curls, Mixed Chicks, and DevaCare. All the brands that are popular with naturals, along with natural products like shea butter, mango butter, various oils, aloe gel, etc. and Dominican products for the rare occasions that I straighten my hair. Its really inconvenient to drive into the city just to get them. As far as appliances: professional scissors, those "strawllers" things, hooded dryers, diffusers... Everything! Smile
Services? I have no idea, cuz I've never been to a natural hair salon.

SwirlyCurls90

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 2nd October 2010, 1:10 pm

I agree with swirlycurls90!!

also it would be nice if the store carried hair accessories naturals use too. like headbands, flowers, and scarves, goody bands..even some cute big earrings!!! for TWA rockers
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 2nd October 2010, 1:25 pm

I'd just like to add that it should be affordable! I am so tired of the hefty pricetags these days...it makes no sense!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 2nd October 2010, 1:29 pm

Products: Karens Body Beautiful, Uncle Funkys Daughter, Koils By Nature, Giovanni, Carols Daughter, Taliah Waajid, Komaza Care, Blended Beauty, Kinky-Curly, Qhemet Biologics, Curls, Hair Rules, Herbal Essences, Oyin Handmade, Miss Jessie's, My Honey Child, Aubrey Organics, Anita Grant, Jane Carter, heat protectants

Appliances: Steamers, Diffusers, Good Quality Flat Irons(for straightening)

Services: Special Treatments (Henna, Avacodo, Mayo, etc.), Deep Conditioning, Steaming, 2 Strand Twists/Updos, Flat Twists, Twistouts, Braidouts, Blowouts, Loc Startup/Maintenance, Trims, Bantu Knots, Straw Sets, Protective styles

Information: Transition information, Product reviews from customers, hair types, regimen ideas/consultations

...A nice calming atmosphere & like bajanprincess stated: affordable! Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Desi1031 2nd October 2010, 2:34 pm

SwirlyCurls90 wrote:I would like it to carry brands like Kinky Curly, Miss Jessie's, Carol's Daughter, Afroveda, Oyin Handmade, Qhemet biologics, Curls, Mixed Chicks, and DevaCare. All the brands that are popular with naturals, along with natural products like shea butter, mango butter, various oils, aloe gel, etc. and Dominican products for the rare occasions that I straighten my hair. Its really inconvenient to drive into the city just to get them. As far as appliances: professional scissors, those "strawllers" things, hooded dryers, diffusers... Everything! Smile

Thank you for your reply. Could you mention which Dominican products you prefer for natural hair. I now not all of them are great for us. I have only used a couple and have not gone back to them, because I have found others that seemed to work better for my hair and my daughters hair (who is in my avatar)
Desi1031
Desi1031

Back to top Go down

Post by Desi1031 2nd October 2010, 2:37 pm

rayray19 wrote:I agree with swirlycurls90!!

also it would be nice if the store carried hair accessories naturals use too. like headbands, flowers, and scarves, goody bands..even some cute big earrings!!! for TWA rockers

Thank you Rayray19, I totally forgot about the hair accessories. I have a hard time finding hair flowers that don"t get tangled in my hair if they have the clip. I have beentrying to find hair clips that don't fall apart either. Any suggestions???
Desi1031
Desi1031

Back to top Go down

Post by Desi1031 2nd October 2010, 2:38 pm

BajanPrincess82 wrote:I'd just like to add that it should be affordable! I am so tired of the hefty pricetags these days...it makes no sense!

I totally agree with both of you. I am trying to figure out how to do that and if some needed to order online how to keep S&H costs down...you know, like Zappos.
Desi1031
Desi1031

Back to top Go down

Post by Desi1031 2nd October 2010, 2:41 pm

jlowman1 wrote:Products: Karens Body Beautiful, Uncle Funkys Daughter, Koils By Nature, Giovanni, Carols Daughter, Taliah Waajid, Komaza Care, Blended Beauty, Kinky-Curly, Qhemet Biologics, Curls, Hair Rules, Herbal Essences, Oyin Handmade, Miss Jessie's, My Honey Child, Aubrey Organics, Anita Grant, Jane Carter, heat protectants

Appliances: Steamers, Diffusers, Good Quality Flat Irons(for straightening)

Services: Special Treatments (Henna, Avacodo, Mayo, etc.), Deep Conditioning, Steaming, 2 Strand Twists/Updos, Flat Twists, Twistouts, Braidouts, Blowouts, Loc Startup/Maintenance, Trims, Bantu Knots, Straw Sets, Protective styles

Information: Transition information, Product reviews from customers, hair types, regimen ideas/consultations

...A nice calming atmosphere & like bajanprincess stated: affordable! Very Happy

Thank you jlowman1, good information suggestions. That is what I was thinking of when I thought about the store. Just have to figure out if you have to have a license to give that information out...just in case someone wants to make trouble. There are no chemicals involved so I hope not.
Desi1031
Desi1031

Back to top Go down

Post by Desi1031 2nd October 2010, 2:48 pm

Thank you ladies for your input. I hope more people come and leave their suggestions. I am seriously thinking of trying to open a store that caters to naturals that is divided into sections...you know conditioners, shampoos, deep conditioners, etc. I want it to be easy to navigate.
I am not sure if I want to have a store and a salon. I was more frustrated with going to beauty supply stores and not having a wider variety of products for naturals in the store and I would have to really hunt for them and if I asked of course they would not know what I was talking about or there was a language barrier.

If you were to walk in the store how would you like it to be set up???
Desi1031
Desi1031

Back to top Go down

Post by SwirlyCurls90 2nd October 2010, 3:19 pm

Desi1031 wrote:
SwirlyCurls90 wrote:I would like it to carry brands like Kinky Curly, Miss Jessie's, Carol's Daughter, Afroveda, Oyin Handmade, Qhemet biologics, Curls, Mixed Chicks, and DevaCare. All the brands that are popular with naturals, along with natural products like shea butter, mango butter, various oils, aloe gel, etc. and Dominican products for the rare occasions that I straighten my hair. Its really inconvenient to drive into the city just to get them. As far as appliances: professional scissors, those "strawllers" things, hooded dryers, diffusers... Everything! Smile

Thank you for your reply. Could you mention which Dominican products you prefer for natural hair. I now not all of them are great for us. I have only used a couple and have not gone back to them, because I have found others that seemed to work better for my hair and my daughters hair (who is in my avatar)

I use Alopecil Apretadora conditioner as a pre-poo biweekly. I also use Lacio Lacio leave-in when I do roller sets/blow outs, but I rarely do that cuz my hair is still medium length now since my big chop. Those are two I have been using a long time since before I was natural and the Apretadora fights breakage like nothing else. Its my 1 holy grail product because I can definitely tell the difference in my hair when I don't use it. I used to have really long hair before my bc and that made it really strong. I have NO HAIR in my comb AT ALL when I use it. But your hair can get used to it if u use it too often so thats why I space it out. But there are also a lot of Dominican products I don't agree with for natural hair. Alot of them work better for relaxed hair and have mineral oil and sulfates in them, but the 2 I mentioned work great for my natural hair.

SwirlyCurls90

Back to top Go down

Post by Desi1031 4th October 2010, 4:03 pm

Thank you ladies for your input. I really wish more people would have participated. I really want to open a store in the near future.
Desi1031
Desi1031

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 4th October 2010, 6:06 pm

Desi1031 - I'm late but, I see no one mentioned it so I would like to suggest Henna. The store should definately stock Henna, ACV. Of course plastic gloves and containers to mix it in. Wink

I hope you have the opportunity to make your dream a reality. (And I hope you open a store in Atlanta too! Very Happy )
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down