CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DRY FRIZZY ENDS!

+3
ChrsLvsBks
labon10
Ngina
7 posters

Go down

DRY FRIZZY ENDS! Empty DRY FRIZZY ENDS!

Post by Ngina 20th November 2009, 10:17 am

Hi

I'm really frustrated my hair is dry my ends are almost always frizzy! I feel to cry daily when I look at my hair. I just dont' know what to do. I recently started using shea butter but that hasn't really given my hair much of anything......no shine, no softness, no nothing. I've tried coconut oil in my hair also and that just smells awful but does nothing else.

Please..........any suggestions?

Ngina

Back to top Go down

DRY FRIZZY ENDS! Empty Re: DRY FRIZZY ENDS!

Post by labon10 20th November 2009, 10:26 am

Shea butter doesn't work for everyone. Have you tried hot oil treatments? They help my dry hair and it leaves it soft. I also use a mix of shea butter, mango butter, castor oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil and almond oil on my ends every night. Henna treatments have helped some. Here's what my wash day looks like:

1. hot oil treatment for 30 min - 1 hr
2. co-wash
3. deep condition with added oils for 30 min - 1 hr
4. leave-in treatment
5. I twist my hair every night and apply my mix or one oil to ends.

labon10

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th November 2009, 12:00 pm

Moisture is key to combating frizz and dryness. Finding the right products is trial and error. In looking for moisturizing products from conditioners to stylers check the ingredients for moisturizing ingredients. Some great moisturizers are aloe vera juice, aloe vera gel, cetyl alcohol and stearyl alcohol. Stay away from silicones, those products ending in –cone in your products. Also depending on where you live, limit your use of humectants. Common humectants are glucose, honey, glycerin, pathenol and urea. Humectants can draw moisture from your hair when it is dry outside and add moisture to hair when it is too wet outside.

Olive oil applied on dry hair and scalp is a great for dry hair. Apply the oil and then let it sit on hair for 30 minutes. If you can, sit under a hooded dryer on medium setting for 20 minutes. Rinse out and cleanse with moisturizing conditioner.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ishmaygrandchild 20th November 2009, 12:41 pm

What products are you using? (Conditioner and the like) How often do you wash your hair and are you protective styling (braids, twists, buns)?
ishmaygrandchild
ishmaygrandchild

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 20th November 2009, 12:43 pm

Have you tried baggying? My ends use to be HORRIBLE. I started deep conditioning weekly, baggying when possible, and recently wearing buns. With doing that and trimming I have noticed a tremendous difference
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by alyn308 20th November 2009, 1:00 pm

ishmaygrandchild wrote:What products are you using? (Conditioner and the like) How often do you wash your hair and are you protective styling (braids, twists, buns)?

Good questions.

When I use to have dry, frizzy ends it was because I didn't have a solid regimen...I would just wash n go using whatever products. Once I developed a regimen and started paying attention to what products I use my hair did a 180.

Sorry this is happening to you.
alyn308
alyn308

http://brittanypooler.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 20th November 2009, 1:17 pm

maybe you can use a leave-in on your ends (moisture) and seal with shea, CO, OO?
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down