CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frizzy or rough ends

+5
poeticlyspkng
MomnWife
Lynnieluve
MissFierce21
chocolate-kinks
9 posters

Go down

Frizzy or rough ends Empty Frizzy or rough ends

Post by chocolate-kinks 5th March 2010, 4:36 am

Okay when I run my hands through my hair its like the ends feel a lot rougher or frizzier. I'm not sure if something is wrong, but is this normal in a lot of naturals? I was speaking to a natural female that I met on the train and I was telling her about my ends. She said she also had the same issue and that she changed her conditioner which worked. She told to maybe try Aubreys and see how I like it. I was wondering if it could be just plain old scab hairs, or maybe because I was not moisturizing and sealing enough in the past. What do you ladies think?
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Frizzy or rough ends Empty Re: Frizzy or rough ends

Post by MissFierce21 5th March 2010, 11:06 am

I'll be watching this one too. I have had the same problem, and I have been trimming them off. As for the conditioner thing, I had Aubrey, but I still had to cut. Aubrey was the thing that made me realize I needed to cut because it left the rest of my hair soft and well moisturized.

For now, I will contribute mine to scab because I BC'ed less than one month of transitioning, and I did get a relaxer less than a month before the transition.
MissFierce21
MissFierce21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 5th March 2010, 11:21 am

When I experienced rough ends, I added oil rinses to my regimen and I noticed a difference after about 2 weeks of doing it.

Here's what I did...I would get my hair soaking wet, co wash with my light conditioner first and rinse it out, then I add about 3 or 4 hand fulls of EVOO to my hair, then add my thick conditioner on top of the oil and let it sit while I handle my shower needs. Then I would rinse it all out.

I hope this make sense and helps.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by MomnWife 5th March 2010, 12:11 pm

I will have to give that a try, too.
MomnWife
MomnWife

http://www.youravon.com/dsumner

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 5th March 2010, 12:29 pm

You may also need a trim. Sometimes split ends can cause that kind of frizziness.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 5th March 2010, 12:48 pm

If you don't have split ends then your ends could be dry. I did something similar to what Lynnie did and my ends are much much better. I pay special attention to my ends when sealing and moisturizing and so far so good.

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 5th March 2010, 12:53 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:You may also need a trim. Sometimes split ends can cause that kind of frizziness.

But some of the frizziness starts about one inch from my roots, So I would maybe have to cut off the whole thing off. I dont think it could be split ends because I trimmed them about 3 weeks ago and I observe my ends.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 5th March 2010, 12:56 pm

StephanieB wrote:If you don't have split ends then your ends could be dry. I did something similar to what Lynnie did and my ends are much much better. I pay special attention to my ends when sealing and moisturizing and so far so good.

Oh okay I'll just have to do that. Another thing is I notice when I apply any creamy products and apply it from root to tip and smooth in, I can kind of see the ends frizz out a little. I wonder whats the problem.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 5th March 2010, 12:57 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:When I experienced rough ends, I added oil rinses to my regimen and I noticed a difference after about 2 weeks of doing it.

Here's what I did...I would get my hair soaking wet, co wash with my light conditioner first and rinse it out, then I add about 3 or 4 hand fulls of EVOO to my hair, then add my thick conditioner on top of the oil and let it sit while I handle my shower needs. Then I would rinse it all out.

That makes plenty of sense, but how often do you do this?
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 5th March 2010, 1:02 pm

chocolate-kinks wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:When I experienced rough ends, I added oil rinses to my regimen and I noticed a difference after about 2 weeks of doing it.

When I first noticed my ends feeling rough, I did it everytime I washed until I noticed a difference. Now, since I am only washing once a week, I do it twice a month.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 5th March 2010, 1:12 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:

When I first noticed my ends feeling rough, I did it everytime I washed until I noticed a difference. Now, since I am only washing once a week, I do it twice a month.

Okay Thanks. I hope it makes a change for my hair also.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 5th March 2010, 1:45 pm

Are you fully natural or transitioning? I've been transitioning for over a year and I haven't had any problems. I cowash at least once a week and prepoo b4 every wash. Also I concentrate product onto my ends. Although I will be BCing, you still have to take care of those ends.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 5th March 2010, 2:48 pm

HAMPTONSFNST wrote:Are you fully natural or transitioning? I've been transitioning for over a year and I haven't had any problems. I cowash at least once a week and prepoo b4 every wash. Also I concentrate product onto my ends. Although I will be BCing, you still have to take care of those ends.

I am 100 percent natural
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 5th March 2010, 4:39 pm

I have the same problem. What if I have Castor Oil and not Evoo will that work?
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 6th March 2010, 1:16 am

ktoliver5303 wrote:I have the same problem. What if I have Castor Oil and not Evoo will that work?

I'm unsure but I heard castor oil is FABULOUSSS
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 6th March 2010, 1:19 am

chocolate-kinks wrote:
ktoliver5303 wrote:I have the same problem. What if I have Castor Oil and not Evoo will that work?

I'm unsure but I heard castor oil is FABULOUSSS

I say give it a try. You probably wont need as much castor oil because it is thick. If you try it, please let us know.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlz of Luv 6th March 2010, 3:04 am

chocolate-kinks wrote:Okay when I run my hands through my hair its like the ends feel a lot rougher or frizzier. I'm not sure if something is wrong, but is this normal in a lot of naturals? I was speaking to a natural female that I met on the train and I was telling her about my ends. She said she also had the same issue and that she changed her conditioner which worked. She told to maybe try Aubreys and see how I like it. I was wondering if it could be just plain old scab hairs, or maybe because I was not moisturizing and sealing enough in the past. What do you ladies think?

I had the same problem for about 2 months after I BC. I did everything I could think of including alot oils, water, conditioners.. the only thing I didn't do was cut my hair. I don't remember who it was now but one of the very knowledgeable ladies on here told me not to cut my hair and keep moisturizing it. She said it was too soon and I had to give my hair a chance to adjust to the change. Well I am not sure when but at some point the dryness went away on my ends for the most part. What I did discover was that castor oil and the heavy creams were a big help. Also the cold air seemed to make my hair hard if I went outside when it was still damp. I also stopped using all gels including aloe unless it was mixed in my shea butter.

I also discovered that I needed to twist my hair after washing it. I dont think the twisting is what helped but that when I did the twist I was getting the products from the root to the ends better. I have very thick 4a/b/c hair and because it is so tightly curled I cannot just rub my hands over my hair, the product just sits on top of my hair and cannot make it down the hair shaft. HTH [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Curlz of Luv
Curlz of Luv

http://curlsofluv.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 6th March 2010, 4:12 am

anewme223 wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:Okay when I run my hands through my hair its like the ends feel a lot rougher or frizzier. I'm not sure if something is wrong, but is this normal in a lot of naturals? I was speaking to a natural female that I met on the train and I was telling her about my ends. She said she also had the same issue and that she changed her conditioner which worked. She told to maybe try Aubreys and see how I like it. I was wondering if it could be just plain old scab hairs, or maybe because I was not moisturizing and sealing enough in the past. What do you ladies think?

I had the same problem for about 2 months after I BC. I did everything I could think of including alot oils, water, conditioners.. the only thing I didn't do was cut my hair. I don't remember who it was now but one of the very knowledgeable ladies on here told me not to cut my hair and keep moisturizing it. She said it was too soon and I had to give my hair a chance to adjust to the change. Well I am not sure when but at some point the dryness went away on my ends for the most part. What I did discover was that castor oil and the heavy creams were a big help. Also the cold air seemed to make my hair hard if I went outside when it was still damp. I also stopped using all gels including aloe unless it was mixed in my shea butter.

I also discovered that I needed to twist my hair after washing it. I dont think the twisting is what helped but that when I did the twist I was getting the products from the root to the ends better. I have very thick 4a/b/c hair and because it is so tightly curled I cannot just rub my hands over my hair, the product just sits on top of my hair and cannot make it down the hair shaft. HTH [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Yes this is very helpful Wink. I was actually thinking of cutting of my entire head again and starting over. I was thinking maybe it could all be just damage. I'll try keeping it moisturized and also try the conditioner and oil thing.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down