CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whole Foods new product........Beautiful Curls???

+13
*Kinky Chic*
Grroovygrrl
CrissyQ
specialk
fanmnatirel
Fleur
elleeccentric
RayMingy
lovinmycurls88
Jazzyrin
Lynnieluve
Neems
naturalchic
17 posters

Go down

Whole Foods new product........Beautiful Curls??? Empty Whole Foods new product........Beautiful Curls???

Post by naturalchic 15th September 2010, 12:55 pm

Hello Ladies,

And let me start by first apologizing to all the PJ's, but I was in my Favorite store yesterday, Whole Foods, and came across a new product they have featured for US, yeah!! Beautiful Curls, has anyone tried this and what are you results?? please share.......

Beautiful Curls Curl Activating System for Curly to Kinky Hair
Beautiful Curls Curl Activating System for Wavy to Curly Hair

Thanks in advance, and have a super fabulous day!
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Whole Foods new product........Beautiful Curls??? Empty Re: Whole Foods new product........Beautiful Curls???

Post by Neems 15th September 2010, 2:45 pm

I saw this product but I didn't buy it since I'm on a budget and trying to stick with products that I already enough products to try. If you end up trying it let me know.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Whole Foods new product........Beautiful Curls??? Empty Re: Whole Foods new product........Beautiful Curls???

Post by Lynnieluve 15th September 2010, 2:59 pm

There is another thread on this topic.....somewhere... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Check out GrowBlackHairNet on YouTube. She did a review on about 4 products from this line.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzyrin 15th September 2010, 7:50 pm

ugh so right before this was posted i was at starbucks in the same shopping center as whole foods on my way to school....i read this while i was in class and figured id check it out on my way home...i bought the shea butter curl activating cream!! and some jane carter wrap and roll and knot today! not good since im on a budget
Jazzyrin
Jazzyrin

Back to top Go down

Post by lovinmycurls88 15th September 2010, 11:34 pm

i bought the shea butter curl activating cream and I couldnt get past the smell of it
lovinmycurls88
lovinmycurls88

Back to top Go down

Post by RayMingy 23rd September 2010, 8:25 pm

I purchased this line's Curl Activating Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner two days ago and while the smell is a bit sweet and kind of strong I really like what it does for my hair. I decided to try it because my hair has been feeling dry due to the change in weather; I usually use KCKT and KCCC. The Beautiful Curls gave pretty good definition by itself but I decided to use KCCC along with it and my hair feels soft, moisturized, and not dry at all. I am excited about this combo and hope it continues to work this well. Plus I got 12oz of this leave-in for $9.59 versus 8oz of KCKT for $11.99.

My avatar is a pic of my hair today...day two of my wash and go (this style usually lasts me 5-7 days, I hope it lasts as long with this product combo).
RayMingy
RayMingy

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 26th September 2010, 11:41 am

I bought the shea butter curl activating cream. I was searching for a styling product that will offer moisture and no protein. I've been using the smoothie by shea moisture from target but it has protein and while i LOVE this product i didnt want to overdo it with the protein. I used the beautiful curls shea butter curl activating cream last night for a twist out and i like it. It provides a slight hold which i didnt expect. when i applied it i used it to finger-detangle my slightly damp hair ( i sprayed my hair with aloe vera juice and rose water) it provided great slip and made my curls POP! A little bit goes a long way, I think i'll be getting my money's worth on this one. It doesnt have a strange smell to me. I like it, i'll definitely keep using.
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzyrin 26th September 2010, 1:14 pm

I bought the curl activating cream so far ive only used it for wash n gos i like it!
Jazzyrin
Jazzyrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 26th September 2010, 2:03 pm

I bought the leave-in conditioner, which penetrated my daughter's hair waaaaay more than the KT. It was shiny and left incredible body on her curls. The curling creme didn't clump the curls like KCCC, but her hair is super curly so it didn't matter. The creme left her hair incredibly soft. That's exactly what I was looking for. I want to touch her hair and feel softness. Plus she's 12 so she wants to throw it all over the place!
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 26th September 2010, 4:02 pm

I saw that line last weekend at whole foods and ran away!!! lol.
I'm trying really hard to not buy anything...but you lovely curlies are not helping....lol.
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by specialk 7th October 2010, 11:50 am

I saw this product line last night at Earthfare and I was wondering if it would work on my 4b hair. I think I may give it a try. I'm such a product junkie ughhhhhhhhh
specialk
specialk

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 7th October 2010, 2:41 pm

i AM GOING TO WAIT TO BUY IT, BUT I DO WNAT TO TRY THE LEAVE IN
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Whole Foods new product........Beautiful Curls??? Empty Beautiful Curls doesn't like my hair

Post by Grroovygrrl 14th October 2010, 7:56 am

I tried this product the leave in conditioner, the one designed to bring the curls back (spray) and the cream for a few weeks and over those few weeks I've lost SO MUCH HAIR! I seemed to have narrowed it down to the leave in conditioner. When I applied it my hair started coming out in my hands, all over the shower. I returned it to Whole Foods yesterday and got a full refund, no questions asked.
I can't say whether I had more curl definition than with any other product, but they did not appear more defined. Maybe it's just my hair, which is fine and now...a lot thinner. I give it a thumbs down.

Grroovygrrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 14th October 2010, 10:13 am

I do NOT use the cream. I don't know what it is, but it feels like sticky syrup and spritz in our hair. Definate no-go for us. We also have fine hair, but the leave-in works for us. It's probably the porosity of your hair that couldn't take the ingredients. I'm sorry you lost so much hair. I hope you find a regimen that works!
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by *Kinky Chic* 14th October 2010, 3:19 pm

I just went to Whole Foods and bought it today! Unfotunately, the leave-in conditioner was sold out. So, I will try another store this weeked. I purchased the curl activating cream and the shampoo, but I'm not going to use the shampoo until I get the coditioner....
*Kinky Chic*
*Kinky Chic*

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Magnolia 21st October 2010, 5:26 pm

I have not used or purchased the product yet, but here is their website
www.beautifulcurls.net

This line is from the same folks who produce the Alaffia products.
Ms.Magnolia
Ms.Magnolia

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyQ-01 24th October 2010, 3:52 pm

I saw the product in Whole Foods next to KCCC and bought the Curl Activating Cream. I've only used it twice but It made my hair soft and so far I like it. Will try it with different styles so that I can post some pics.

CurlyQ-01

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 24th October 2010, 4:49 pm

http://growblackhair.net/blog/beautiful-curls-review

Her results seem really nice in the video.Hair shiny and soft looking. Every time I go to Whole Foods I ask about it and they say no one has returned it yet. I like Alaffia's mission, but I tried the daily shea and coconut conditioner and too much shea for me. Did anyone who used it think it felt heavy or greasy?

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by FloridaSunshiny 21st November 2010, 9:25 am

I bought this product because it came highly recommended by the WH lady who was rocking a natural. She said that women who like Jane Carter Solution really like this line.

My experience was pretty good. I did a blowout the day before I used this so my hair was soooo parched and rough. The shampoo didn't seem to penetrate my hair and after using it twice, my hair was still parched and rough with no curl pattern.

The condish was FANTASTIC. It's really thick - if you turn the jar over, none of the condish would slip out. Anyway, I used A LOT on my hair since it was so dry. Within a matter of minutes, my curls came back and my hair felt smooth and moisturized. This is a plus in my book, especially since I didn't have to break out my steamer.

I used the leave-in as a styler because I didn't buy the curl cream. I absolutely love the leave-in. I did bantu knots with the leave-in and when my hair dried, it was soft and shiny.

The smell works for me. I don't like heavily scented products - like Carol's Daughter or Curls (one of the reasons I love JCS) and this brand has a really light scent that's not unpleasant.

All-in-all, I'll continue to use the condish and leave-in since it's less expensive than JCS and I can get it on the ground. The jury is still out on the shampoo - I'll have to continue to use it to see how my hair responds to it.
FloridaSunshiny
FloridaSunshiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down