CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curls Product Reviews

+18
MelMelBee
BattleKat
laleepop14
Umph
jeca
cutie_curli
ChrsLvsBks
FemmeFox
HADARAH
HAMPTONSFNST
simara0507
CurlyDoesIt...
jad928
dajewel
NikG20
raina
krenea
*CurlyNikki*
22 posters

Go down

Curls Product Reviews Empty Curls Product Reviews

Post by *CurlyNikki* 30th October 2009, 9:30 pm

Post 'em here!

My Review:

I was a fan of the Whipped Cream for several months...since I'm a rolling stone, I quickly moved on [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I never tried any of her other products, but I loved WC...it's coco butter based I believe, smells yummy, and truly moisturizes.

Last edited by *CurlyNikki* on 4th November 2009, 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Curls Product Reviews Empty Re: Curls Product Reviews

Post by krenea 30th October 2009, 10:10 pm

I bought the sample kit: Curls Essentials Kinky Curls w/o Hold

http://www.curls.biz/curly-hair-products/hair-growth-treatment.html

• Curlicious Curls Cleansing Cream - clarifies well, but dries my hair out; my EO conditioner fixed that immediately, though!

• Coconut Sublime Moisturizing Conditioner - eh, just okay

• Quenched Curls Moisturizer - just okay as well; w/low humidity here in CA, I have to be careful with products containing glycerin or watch the weather forecast!

• Whipped Cream - pretty good; best product in the kit

• Overall, I won't be repurchasing because their base ingredients don't cater to my thirsty curls in a low humidity environment.
    krenea
    krenea

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 31st October 2009, 1:44 am

I like the curls milkshake as a leave in, the quenched curls makes my hair frizzy. I have ruined many good hair days spraying that stuff on. I also like curls souffle it will shrink the curls a little but makes the hair soft with mild hold. I also like the curl gelesc makes the hair shiney but has a stronger hold ,the only thing i dont like about it.This is the first product that i tried after going natural.I still have to use a little cocconut or olve oil with this line.
    raina
    raina

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 31st October 2009, 2:54 am

Well, I got a free sample of Curl Gel-les'C (jealousy) and I liked it. It defined my daughters curls and definitely took the frizz away. I posted a small review on my blog, but if anyone is interested in the free sample go here...no S&H....

http://www.curls.biz/free-sample/?page=free-sample
    NikG20
    NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 31st October 2009, 11:32 am

thanks for the sample info, nikg20!!! i will be awaiting the samples!!
    dajewel
    dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by jad928 2nd November 2009, 6:05 pm

I have tried the milkshake, whipped cream, and the Gel-lous c. Now the milkshake was good as a moisturizer but it left my hair dull. The whipped cream was okay but I still needed a gel over top. The Gel'lous c was great for shine, elongations, and defintion but it left my hair dryyyyyy!! so no curls products for me. I use the moist and curl custard on my baby girls hair. I am not a big fan of the moist. It has so much glycerin that it is sticky. The curl custard is really nice and smells so good but my babys hair is very fine and has looser curls.
    jad928
    jad928

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyDoesIt... 3rd November 2009, 7:05 pm

I have tried the curls milkshake, whipped cream, Gel-les-C, quench...I really liked the smell and use of the curls milkshake and whipped cream in my hair but the other two didn't work too well for me...left my hair dry!!!! Will buy the whippped cream again after done w/Mixed Chicks and Knot Today...I have also bought the moisturizing conditioner (economy size in the summer and still have over half left--) and works great moisturizing my hair!
    CurlyDoesIt...
    CurlyDoesIt...

Back to top Go down

Post by simara0507 6th December 2009, 4:47 pm

I've tried the Curly Q Curlie Cutie Cleansing Cream on my daughter's hair, and I love it. It smells great and is very light and gentle. Very moisturizing as well. On my to try list is the Coconut Dream Conditioner.

http://www.curls.biz/curly-hair-products/hair-cleanse-for-kids.html
    simara0507
    simara0507

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 7th December 2009, 3:48 pm

I use the souffle on my two strand twists along with my creamy leave-in conditioner. It smells great and I like how well my hair feels once it's dry. Can anyone recommend a good styling gel for buns? Thought about using aloe vera gel, yet will that provide any hold without drying my hair? I only rock this style on wash day.
    HAMPTONSFNST
    HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by HADARAH 26th January 2010, 5:46 pm

I use Curls Milkshake and love it. I use the Quenched Curls Moisturizer as a primer for the milkshake and that works well.

I also use the Coconut Sublime Conditioner. It's okay, but not nearly as much slip as some of the stuff you can get at the drugstore...like HH.
    HADARAH
    HADARAH

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 3rd February 2010, 3:29 pm

NikG20 wrote:Well, I got a free sample of Curl Gel-les'C (jealousy) and I liked it. It defined my daughters curls and definitely took the frizz away. I posted a small review on my blog, but if anyone is interested in the free sample go here...no S&H....

http://www.curls.biz/free-sample/?page=free-sample

Thanks for posting the link NikG! I am on a search for a hair gel and since I never really use gel I want to try before I buy!
    FemmeFox
    FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Curls Product Reviews Empty Curls Product Review - Medium Texture, Low/Normal Porosity & Dense Hair

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd June 2010, 12:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Pure Curls Clarifying Shampoo
    I used this once prior to using the Curls line. My hair did not feel stripped. I did not notice if my hair was fluffy at the roots like it is typically when I clarify with baking soda and conditioner. I am going to use it another two times before I give a full review.
    Curliscious Curls Cleansing Cream
    I used this cleanser at least three times. The first time, I did not use enough. The second and third times I used about a nickel size for four sections. I like it. My hair was not stripped after cleansing. I would repurchase. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] out of 5 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Coconut Sublime Moisturizing Conditioner
    This product does not have enough slip for me. It is thick and rich but lacking in the slip department. I will likely use it along with aloe vera gel, oils and glycerin for a leave in conditioner. I will not repurchase. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] out of 5 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

UPDATE: Great in the Kimmaytube leave in mix.

Curl Ectasy Hair Tea Conditioner
    Deep conditioner in the line. It did not moisturize as I hoped. It was just okay. I used it with my steamer each time I used it. My hair was soft but does not compare at all to my beloved Darcy's Botanicals Deep Conditioning Mask. I will not repurchase. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] out of 5 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Quenched Curls Moisturizer
    I did not like the stream of product you get. I did not feel it moisturized my hair at all. I used between five to six pumps on small section. This is not worth it for me in terms of moisture and price. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] out of 5 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

UPDATE: When used on dry hair, this Moisturizer worked very well. I tried it after swoodward mentioned it. Thanks lady! I would repurchase and use as a refresher. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] out of 5 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

Curls Whipped Cream
    Very thick cream used for my twists. A little goes a long way for my Grace. Too much of this and my hair was straightened. I did like using it for my twists. I may repurchase in future because it was moisturizing, just have to remember not to use too much. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] out of 5 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Curls Milkshake
    Can be used as leave in for thicker hair types. I tried this a couple of times. It was okay. I would have to use it a couple more times before I give a full review.
    Curly Q Custard (Note: The women's version is the Curls Souffle, and it is more money.)
    Love, love love this! It provides definition and hold. I am still trying to figure out what amount to use but I don't mind the learning curve since it defines and holds my hair. I have already repurchased. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] out of 5 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Curls Goddess Glaze (purchased from Target)
    I used it a couple of times. I cannot provide a full review yet.

UPDATE: I've used it a few times over a thick leave in/moisturizer. It provides a soft hold and helps with definition. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] out of 5 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 17th September 2010, 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Provided updates on Moisturizer, Conditioner & Goddess Glaze)
    ChrsLvsBks
    ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cutie_curli 23rd June 2010, 12:21 pm

I have always wanted to try the Curl Gelesc product. Thanks for the info about the free sample!

cutie_curli

Back to top Go down

Post by jeca 1st July 2010, 6:30 pm

The whipped cream is a staple of mine. I have tried the cleansing cream and conditioner but I always go back for whipped cream.
    jeca
    jeca

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 24th August 2010, 1:15 pm

I just requested the free samples- can't wait!
    Umph
    Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 24th August 2010, 1:25 pm

I got that sample too NikG20 and I liked it for my daughter's hair as well. I havent used it in mine just yet...
    laleepop14
    laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 27th August 2010, 12:41 am

I have signned up for the samples once before and they sent me a coupon. I signned up again, I hope they are not out of samples.
    BattleKat
    BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 1st September 2010, 9:31 pm

Has anyone used the Curl Creme Brulee???
    MelMelBee
    MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th September 2010, 10:01 pm

I updated my reviews on a couple of the products in the line.
    ChrsLvsBks
    ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 2nd October 2010, 12:24 pm

MelMelBee wrote:Has anyone used the Curl Creme Brulee???

I recently purchased the Creme Brulee. I will report back after a few uses. Does anyone who ordered the samples have any feedback yet? I bought the Goddess Gel, but I will use it with the Creme Brulee for a bit in order to provide a fair critique. I bought the Creamy Curl Cleanser with the others, but and don't like it at this point. I am going to finish the bottle and see if there is any technique I can use to make the cleansing process easier. It reminds me of a conditioner without slip qualities or moisturizing qualities.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 3rd October 2010, 12:11 am

Hi guys are these the same Curls products that are sold in Target? I have been looking at them and trying to determine if I will purchase.
    KeAnia
    KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 15th October 2010, 7:59 pm

Just got my freebies today...will post my opinion later...
    cyclingchick
    cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 15th October 2010, 8:18 pm

cyclingchick wrote:Just got my freebies today...will post my opinion later...

Cyclingchick, I am curious to see how these worked for you. I did purchase my Curls products at Target. I still don't like the cleanser. My hair seems to get quite tangled with it. I have been using other products in my arsenal, so I haven't gotten back to the brulee and goddess gel yet, but the one time I used them, I didn't have any complaints--TBC

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalblkbeauty10 15th October 2010, 9:08 pm

Smooth Shine Curl Activator Gel is a good product. I love it, it helps define my curls without getting hard, it pretty much does the same thing as regular gel.It has aloe vera in it too. I got it from family dollar and you can also find it at dollar general. Its only about $3, I recommend it. You don't have to use much product to get the definition you want.
    naturalblkbeauty10
    naturalblkbeauty10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down