CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sealing with KCCC

5 posters

Go down

sealing with KCCC Empty sealing with KCCC

Post by rayray19 9th September 2010, 4:13 pm

ok so i just received my KCKT and KCCC in the mail today YAAAAY!! I plan on applying it tonight after i wash my hair BUT i have a quick question ladies...ok so after i apply the KCKT as my leave in, am I suppose to seal my hair with some oils or just add the KCCC..I've heard that KCCC doesn't work well with too many things, so I'm kind of scared my sealant might throw it off...how do yall working sealing in your hair while applying KCCC???????
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

sealing with KCCC Empty Re: sealing with KCCC

Post by freckledmom4 9th September 2010, 5:31 pm

Good question. I've only used it 2x in the last week, but I rubbed a small amount of evoo after the kckt and before I shingled with the kccc. It didn't leave a white mess, but my hair was still kind of crunchy when it dried. It gets kind of messy when I try to refresh on day 2 & 3 but the white fuzzies disappear when it dries. Hopefully some more experienced users will comment.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by AimWard 9th September 2010, 8:30 pm

For me, if I initially have anything on my hair other than the KNot Today, I get gooey white balls. Since this is your first time. Follow the instructions on the website. Don't add any oils or other doo dads to your hair. Just put on the Knot Today followed by the Curling Custard. When your hair is completely dry, add your oil then. After you get the hang of things (ie. figuring out how much to use, etc.) then start experimenting with oils and what not. For now, I would just use the KCKT and the KCCC and seal with oil once the hair is completely dry.
AimWard
AimWard

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 9th September 2010, 9:58 pm

@freckledmom4 yea im scared mines will turn ou messy

@aimward yea i see what your saying, im going to try just the KCKT and the KCCC first
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 11th September 2010, 3:36 pm

@ raytay- How did it turn out?
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKayDee 11th September 2010, 5:48 pm

Agreed with Aimward!

How did it come out?
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 12th September 2010, 1:54 am

it came out soooo good!!! Im like in love with that stuff..and it doesn't leave my hair hard like ecostyler (which surprised me because a lot of ladies say it gives them crunch)

once my hair is completely dry i spray some oils on it and it just comes alive!!

I LOOOVE the knot today too!!

This is going to be my friend until my twa is long enough to start doing twist outs and other styles!

rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by AimWard 12th September 2010, 6:18 pm

Glad it worked for you. I think alot of ladies refuse to follow the directions initially (I know because I was one of them) and they get less than stellar results (ie. excessive crunchiness, white balls, etc.).
AimWard
AimWard

Back to top Go down

Post by kinkycurlyhair 15th September 2010, 1:14 am

I have been using the Knot Today leave-in condish and the KCCC with great results. I don't add any other products and I love the results!

Like Aimward said, I just followed the strict instructions. My hair does have some crunch initially but after my twists are completely dry, I add a small amount of evoo as I undo the twist--and I am satisfied. Hope this helps.
kinkycurlyhair
kinkycurlyhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down