CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amla vs Brahmi

2 posters

Go down

Amla vs Brahmi Empty Amla vs Brahmi

Post by Curlock Holmes 3rd September 2010, 9:48 pm

So, I'm in the process of buying henna on butter-n-bars.com and I wanted to try Amla or Brahmi.. well, I just found out I missed the henna sale while waiting on an answer about the price of these herbs (grrrr) but that's besides the point. ANYWAYS, I know a lot of people use Amla on this forum, but I haven't heard too much about brahmi. These are the descriptions of each product:

AMLA:

Hesh Amla Powder is a natural astringent and skin toner that works on both hair and
skin. In Botanical term it is known as Emblic Myrobalan. The paste of this powder helps
promote luxuriant hair. Even as it controls hair loss. It stimulates hair roots and
promote hair growth. This apart, it prevents scalp infection and controls premature
graying of hair. Regular usage of Amla powder gives nourishment to the hair. It may
also remove mild dandruff from hair scalp while giving body to the hair. Amla powder
added to Henna tones down reds giving it more brown hues.

BRAHMI:

Brahmi powder is Ayurveda's most potent hair vitalizer. Brahmi powder is a remedy for people with chronic hair problems. Brahmi can make hair dense, and lustrous. It strengthens hair roots, thus controlling hair thinning and hair loss. Regular use control premature graying and massaging it into the scalp clears
dandruff.

I want to try both but I don't want to spend $6 a box on something that I could have only spent $3 on if I bought more. Not to mention, I plan on buying 500 grams of henna, so I won't be ordering for quite a while.

So what I'm asking is this: how do these herbs affect your hair? I'd love thicker hair (Brahmi) but Amla has some benefits that I'd like as well. If you've tried both, which do you prefer?

Thanks!
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Amla vs Brahmi Empty Re: Amla vs Brahmi

Post by freckledmom4 4th September 2010, 9:18 pm

I have used amla powder for about 4 months. It makes my curls more defined and I have noticed less shedding. I have not tried brahmi yet, but I plan on ordering some in the near future. I know that these powders can be mixed for a greater affect. Try looking on yt for tutorials and reviews. Also look at the Hairyuveda thread under Natural Hair Challenges. Many of the ladies in the challenge have used both.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlock Holmes 4th September 2010, 9:30 pm

Thanks for replying! Yeah after I wrote this I found that thread and read all the posts (never in my life would I have thought that I would be able to spend all day on a site devoted entirely to HAIR, haha). I found a site that had these products at a reasonable cost so I went for it and bought some of both. I'm excited to get them and try em out!
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down