CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEED HELP!!! About to HENNA for the first time!

+4
BajanPrincess82
abba
Niqui36
Cupcake415
8 posters

Go down

NEED HELP!!! About to HENNA for the first time! Empty NEED HELP!!! About to HENNA for the first time!

Post by Cupcake415 8th November 2010, 4:35 pm

Well Naturals & Curlies...

I just ordered my FIRST box of Jamila Henna Very Happy ...

I can't wait to try it at the end of the week...

I do NEED some advice... As far as mixing bounce ... I see many people have their own unique mixtures.

For a FIRST TIMER, what would you recommend??? confused
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

NEED HELP!!! About to HENNA for the first time! Empty Re: NEED HELP!!! About to HENNA for the first time!

Post by Niqui36 8th November 2010, 5:36 pm

I'd recommend keeping it simple. I like to mix mine with green tea or coconut milk. Other things like lemon juice and ACV were extremely drying for me. Hopefully someone else will chime in with some suggestions. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

NEED HELP!!! About to HENNA for the first time! Empty Re: NEED HELP!!! About to HENNA for the first time!

Post by abba 9th November 2010, 1:24 pm

For the 2 times that I've done I mixed mine solely with lemon juice I know for some people it leaves them dry but it didn't leave me dry at all. Just make sure you have a good deep conditioner
abba
abba

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake415 9th November 2010, 1:41 pm

abba wrote:For the 2 times that I've done I mixed mine solely with lemon juice I know for some people it leaves them dry but it didn't leave me dry at all. Just make sure you have a good deep conditioner

Hey Abba...

Deep Conditioner:

For before, durring, or after????

Or all 3? Lol
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

Post by abba 9th November 2010, 1:55 pm

after you rinse out the henna... i used Generic Matrix Biolage Balm from Sallys that CN suggested for the henna gloss. It made my hair really soft afterwards.
abba
abba

Back to top Go down

Post by abba 9th November 2010, 1:55 pm

you can also mix your henna with a conditioner so it can give you both benefits
abba
abba

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 9th November 2010, 3:37 pm

I keep my mix simple. I mix my henna with green tea and honey. After I wash the henna out I deep condition for about 4 hours b/c henna leaves my hair very dry. I started also mixing my dc with olive oil and honey and love the results.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 9th November 2010, 3:44 pm

easiest mix is with green tea. Henna hasn't really been drying to me but I do DC after because it doesn't hurt. Make sure you have a cheapie conditioner on hand without cones/protein to help with the rinsing and gl!
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

NEED HELP!!! About to HENNA for the first time! Empty henna

Post by cachescorner 10th November 2010, 2:50 pm

I am 6 months natural and lovin' it:)

I have had my eye on henna for a while now, but afraid to try it. Can anyone share their experience with henna and the products they used, PLEASE:)

Thanks, cachescorner
cachescorner
cachescorner

http://cachescorner.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 10th November 2010, 6:29 pm

I've used Dulhan henna and Jamila henna both with and without a crop date. I like mixing with either green tea or coconut milk. I've added honey or olive oil to my mix and I've also did a henna gloss treatment using Giovanni 50/50 conditioner. This last time I henna'd I washed and detangled and did a steam treatment, then applied the henna and kept it in overnight. The next day I rinsed and then did another steam treatment using Aubrey Organics white camelia conditioner. I also like to DC with my SheaMoisture Masque. Just depends on what I feel my hair needs at the time. This last time I henna'd I experienced some curl loosening which is the first time that has happened to me.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

NEED HELP!!! About to HENNA for the first time! Empty Using brahmi amla and henna suggested by Choctaw

Post by CurlyMee 14th November 2010, 1:58 pm

My mix is brownish. Is that okay?

CurlyMee

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 14th November 2010, 3:35 pm

Hope this is not too late, but what did you put in your mix? Mine turned brown when it got to the air. Oxidation turns it brown. Have you tested it on your hand yet for dye release?
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMee 14th November 2010, 4:19 pm

Henna, amla brahmi and mixed with green tea. today I added honey and lemon juice to bring it to the consistency of mashed potatoes. I didnt test for dye release. It's been on for 1 hour, we'll see.

CurlyMee

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 14th November 2010, 4:25 pm

Let us know how it turns out.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMee 14th November 2010, 4:40 pm

I will!

CurlyMee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down