CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not about hair, but Foundation suggestions,anyone?

+13
Sweet Tee
styleandgrace
DvaAuNaturel
sjoyreed
priceless
blkbeauty2010
sweetdrk1
Emartini04
creolebeauty1
missmoriah
Fleur
Nali1987
mokacoffey
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Not about hair, but Foundation suggestions,anyone? Empty Not about hair, but Foundation suggestions,anyone?

Post by mokacoffey 17th January 2011, 7:31 pm

Hey Ladies!
Whew! back from NY and I feel like I got hit by a truck! An adventure truck! lol. So much fun... Anywho, while at Macy's I tried out the foundation stick by Bobbi Brown. It was nice but expensive! 40bucks. I realized I don't have any foundation or powder either actually Sad I usually wear some tinted moisturizer. I wanna step up my makeup game!
Does anyone makeup suggestions? Mainly foundation & powder. I used to love the Prescriptives mineral makeup, but they didnt survive the rough economy. Dang. I tried Bare Minerals and they broke me out in hives! I was freaking out, plus they didnt have a color that completely matched my skintone. Oh, I have oily skin, so something that is made for that is cool. I don't mind the sorta expensive department stores brands but I just don't know much about them. Help, please!

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Not about hair, but Foundation suggestions,anyone? Empty Re: Not about hair, but Foundation suggestions,anyone?

Post by mokacoffey 17th January 2011, 7:36 pm

dang! I shoulda posted this in Skincare section.... silly me

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Not about hair, but Foundation suggestions,anyone? Empty Re: Not about hair, but Foundation suggestions,anyone?

Post by Nali1987 17th January 2011, 7:49 pm

I love MAC. I've been using the studio sculpt spf 15 satin finish foundation. It doesn't feel cakey AT ALL and all you need is the size of a raindrop for your whole face, I swear. It's 29,50 but it's worth it. It lasts a long time and the coverage is awesome.

I have oily skin as well so I usually finish with a powder and when my skin is behaving, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. I love that stuff. Love it, love it! It makes my skin look so glowy and caressable lol.

You can go on www.maccosmetics.com. They have a livechat and they can answer all your questions regarding application, best color for your skintone (best to go to a store to get your foundation match though), etc.

MAC is not cheap but I get great quality and their products last a long time even with daily usage (for me, 6 months or more.)
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 17th January 2011, 7:57 pm

I cant stay away from MAC and Revlon foundations ven though they're soooooo oily. I have oily skin, so when I use MAC and Revlon my skin gets look extremely greasy within an hour. Try Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse or my favorite--Makeup Forever at Sephora. MF is oil-free and stays matted all day long! I am supremely impressed with it. I use the foundation and add whatever pressed powder I want.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 17th January 2011, 8:22 pm

Fleur-yes, having oily skin is hilarious! My ex bf used to ask me if I washed my face all the time. He had major oily skin/zit phobia.... It would be like 2 hrs after I just did! errgh. I think I will head out to the mall in a few actually and scope out the Bobbi Brown again. I checked out her site & on there is a thread on here about foundation for oily skin I just found where quite a few ppl recc her stuff. At 40 bucks, it better be good. For some reason, i thought that MAC would be more expensive than BB. Neutral

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 17th January 2011, 8:27 pm

revlon has a good foundation and so does armani
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 17th January 2011, 8:30 pm

LOL at your ex. When I was in college, some of the girls I knew would always mention how hard I worked out before class because I was "always sweating". They had no idea that I didn't do jack, I just had a sunkissed look because of oily skin, lol. Check back about BB. I haven't used her products in about 5 years. Go check out MF at Sephora just for the heck of it!!
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 17th January 2011, 8:55 pm

@ Fleur.. so traffic makes me not wanna hit up the mall right now at all... so Ulta & JCP Sephora it is! lol about the always sweating look! Ur skin looks fantastic in your avatar, btw.
@ missmoriah- where can i scope out the Armani makeup?

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 17th January 2011, 9:26 pm

i have dry to normal skin and i also use MAC , i kinda want to try bare minerals but it doesn't look to good on me i have bags under my eyes and need some heavy concealer to block the raccoon effect
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 17th January 2011, 9:42 pm

For foundation I always use Clinique. I have dry sensitive skin and this product seems to work good for me. I love MAC foundation but it breaks me out so I only use Mac's blush and eyeshadows. So .. yes Clinique is really good. I love their foundation.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th January 2011, 10:07 pm

If you have your recipe from Prescriptives they are still alive, just online!!!
go here

Also you will probably get more suggestions in the makeup thread. I have that same Bobbi Brown stick, I also have had (ran out) MAC and I recently purchased bare escentuals
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 17th January 2011, 10:33 pm

below is moptopmavens product and technique
https://www.youtube.com/user/MopTopMaven#p/u/1/MM_mXDhJ9q8

I personally like the Make Up Forever concealer and Sephora Matted foundation powder (both at Sephora)
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 17th January 2011, 11:15 pm

@sweetdrk1: Woman, u just made my day! I cannot believe they are online! sa-weet!
Thats awesome!
I just bought some Cargo brand foundation at Sephora. Cool thing is, if I dont care for it, I can return it.. we shall see. This Sephora was inside JCP and didnt carry the Makeup Forever brand

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 18th January 2011, 4:09 pm

I also like shadow box liquid foundation it works wonders I go between that and MAC
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 18th January 2011, 4:10 pm

mokacoffey wrote:@sweetdrk1: Woman, u just made my day! I cannot believe they are online! sa-weet!
Thats awesome!
I just bought some Cargo brand foundation at Sephora. Cool thing is, if I dont care for it, I can return it.. we shall see. This Sephora was inside JCP and didnt carry the Makeup Forever brand
cheers
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by sjoyreed 18th January 2011, 6:25 pm

Bovanti - LOL. anyone from the 'A' knows what I am talking about.

I used to wear MAC, and I hear good things about Clinique. Black Opal is a good and very inexpensive option.

Good luck, I used to have issues with foundation and finding a suitable color. Now I just concentrate on healthy skin and I wear foundation only on my eye lidsd when I want my eye makeup to really pop, or when I go to major events with the husband.
sjoyreed
sjoyreed

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 19th January 2011, 1:38 am

A good thing about Black Opal is that is was designed especially for women of color. I plan to check out their foundation. I'm using a pressed powder now and really like it.

I'm also in need of a new foundation because my skin ends up shining too through my MAC foundation. I've recently started using Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and I love it. I'm thinking about checking that out as well. And I was in Sephora recently and was told MakeUp Forever is one of the only brands that provides a true matte finish for oily skin aand stays matte all day. Add that to my list too, lol. Trial and error, pretty much.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by styleandgrace 19th January 2011, 3:00 am

I have combo skin, but I have SWORN by MAC's studio fix for YEARS. Love it -- and I always get compliments on my skin when I wear it.

I also discovered a new cheapie pressed powder that I think is great. It's Maybelline's new Fit Me line. I love that it goes on naturally and feels super light. Supposedly, it "adapts to your natural skin tone". It's a great "everyday, on the go" alternative, IMO and I think I paid about 7$ for it.
styleandgrace
styleandgrace

http://birthdayalamode.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Tee 19th January 2011, 4:00 am

For another cheapie take a look at MILANI
found in your local CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc.

The best MU I have used in a long time-
and it's designed for women of color.
Less than $10.

They have the bomb eye shadows too.

For those with oily skin, try doing daily oil washes
(washing the face with an oil).

Cut down on my oiliness during the day and keeps my skin smooth.

(Sounds crazy, but it has worked for me for over 4 years.)
Sweet Tee
Sweet Tee

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 19th January 2011, 2:07 pm

Sweet Tee wrote:For another cheapie take a look at MILANI

Less than $10.

When you say oil washes are you referring to the Oil Cleansing Method? Is that all you do to care for your skin?
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by tpayne22 19th January 2011, 4:39 pm

I dont wear a liquid foundation unless they are oil free which is hard to find BUT i love lancome photogenic loose and pressed powder. It goes on beautifully! Its pricey but you only need a little I have had my loose powder for a year plus now and my compact pressed on even longer
tpayne22
tpayne22

Back to top Go down

Post by tpayne22 19th January 2011, 4:42 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:

Less than $10.

When you say oil washes are you referring to the Oil Cleansing Method? Is that all you do to care for your skin?

I would definitely back the oil cleansing method. I have combination skin and it does miracles for my skin. I can't even use a facial cleanser now my face goes bonkers. I never realized how harsh those facial cleansers and astringents were to my poor face
tpayne22
tpayne22

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 20th January 2011, 12:48 am

alright now- yall have me wanting to check out this oil cleansing method now. Seems strange with my already oily skin, but I'm down for anything!

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Tee 20th January 2011, 4:15 am

Yes Ma'am!
That's all I do!

Loves it!

I use avocado oil for the wash
then either Vitamin E or Sweet Almond after.

DvaAuNaturel wrote:

Less than $10.

Sweet Tee
Sweet Tee

Back to top Go down

Post by shortnsweet 20th January 2011, 2:23 pm

Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse is THE BEST it's very light and gives a natural finish. There's not alot to choose from as far as color. But check it out its cheap and you can find it at any drug store. I used to use the Matte Mouse but the Dream Smooth Mousse is so much better. Not 'cakey' at all! HTH
shortnsweet
shortnsweet

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/tamara.e.gulley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next