CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curl Definers!!

4 posters

Go down

Curl Definers!! Empty Curl Definers!!

Post by curlyneenee 30th August 2010, 9:41 pm

Okay so I bought Care Free Curls Gold Curl activator did absolutely nothing to my hair, I moisturize twice a day, co wash weekly there's not a moment when I'm not checking my hair, but all it does is look matted I detangle every time I wash on wet hair and btw many people say there hair loves water, mine does something else it gets wet and soaks it up better than a sham wow and is dry moments later!! I can't use water base products it just dries my hair and I end up looking like a monchichi doll seriously round cheeks thick matted puff of hair and all I have 4a/4b hair and I can't go back to my highschool looking this way? HELP!! Sad
curlyneenee
curlyneenee

http://www.thatonechickbuckethead.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Curl Definers!! Empty Re: Curl Definers!!

Post by naturalchic 30th August 2010, 10:02 pm

Hello my fellow curly,

Sounds like you have porous hair, so i know exactly what you are experiencing. I have the same problem, i have found that aloe vera, and vatika oil have been very helpful. I also do henna treatments once a month that has helped tremendously. Do you seal with oil after your conditioner? and fyi i have to stay away from glycerin cause porous hair drinks in the additional moisture.

hope this info helps Smile
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 30th August 2010, 10:28 pm

I agree and understand because I have 4a/b porous hair. You should also balance the moisture and protein in your products. Here is the link to a great article: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?singlepage=true&cat=69

HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyneenee 30th August 2010, 11:16 pm

thanks everyone for the info! Very Happy
curlyneenee
curlyneenee

http://www.thatonechickbuckethead.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 31st August 2010, 9:07 am

For some people the curl activators work well for them...I think alot of it has to deal with your curl pattern with naked hair. I have experimented with just viewing my curls after its freshly conditioned with no product and I can tell that my curls around my head are very inconsistent so even if i used a curl definer, it would only be able to define a few curls because my hair in the front and up top are moreso wavy and straight. HTH
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down