CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The OFFICIAL 3m GROWTH CHALLENGE Pt 2..Sept 6-Dec 31

+62
MsJay1121
cocoma
Ashespeak22
NYTiffy
rayray19
curlybrwnbaby
dsp0322
4EverNatural
natural813
Ink
ladygogohot
sophisticatedbeauty
ifypi..nya..curls
Naturalin2010
ChrsLvsBks
priceless
iculukin
Fleur
Ms.Mai
tiashaunteƩ
Curlock Holmes
Alanija
curlyscot
CurlsGalore
freckledmom4
KinkyNappyHappy
kurlegurl
Karameldiva1978
crvng4mr
Becca101
Janet36603
luvmyboys02
BeenAuNaturel
Neems
Keisha
agore07
newday
blackricangirl
WhosThatRedHead
CocaColaCutie
krazy coils
MelMelBee
missmoriah
DreamMerchant
swoodward
kayehaircare
Ziggs
KeAnia
Alana
cyclingchick
NhappyJackie
KnottyKinkyMommy
Cherry: extraordinary!
ladybug
Buttercup76
kinksncurls
Karyn
CrissyQ
makeupvixen
ShortNSassie
Lynnieluve
oooop2
66 posters

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

The OFFICIAL 3m GROWTH CHALLENGE Pt 2..Sept 6-Dec 31 - Page 20 Empty Re: The OFFICIAL 3m GROWTH CHALLENGE Pt 2..Sept 6-Dec 31

Post by swoodward 6th November 2010, 10:17 pm

Henna in now.

Last week I didn't have to do too much. I put on a little leave in on my twists afer showers until Tuesday - only 3 days. I wore a twist out and set with chunky twists all day on Thursday and wore the twistout again on Friday.

I was a BAD girl. I had ordered the Honeybush Soft Tea gel and the Amla Oil pomade from Qhemet Biologics. So when I put the chunky twists in wed night to set I used the gel and pomade before twisting.

Here's Friday hair...

styled - this was last night after I got home and changed. I could not believe this is end of day hair! :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and today when I got up and fluffed -
just out:

if nubie sees this I am sorry in advance.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

The OFFICIAL 3m GROWTH CHALLENGE Pt 2..Sept 6-Dec 31 - Page 20 Empty Re: The OFFICIAL 3m GROWTH CHALLENGE Pt 2..Sept 6-Dec 31

Post by Naturalin2010 8th November 2010, 1:17 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:Lookin good Naturalin^!

Thanks!! I'm trying. This is definitely a looong journey- LOL Smile
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 8th November 2010, 1:20 pm

swoodward wrote:
Naturalin2010 wrote:Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've posted. But, I've been doing basically the same thing trying to get an established routine down pat. I've been wearing 2 strand twist outs. My twist out is more of unraveling and lifting. It seems if I unravel too much a get a fuzz at the roots. My avitar shows how they look.

Two things I've tried new. 1) Using the Kimmaytube leave in consistently. I've noticed my ends are more moist and not so fuzzy. Yet the roots can be in certain spots. I like the way it leaves my feeling soft.
2) I wanted to see what a WnG looked like since it's been about a month since I've worn one. I used the Shea Moisture products and I really loooved how it made my hair feel. Here is a pic. (I hope it uploads) I still have product because it was drying. But, my WnG before never looked as healthy. I was pleased. I'll have to do a length check soon. But, not sure how.

you're hair looks very shiny. My sis uses some of thier products and she is pretty happy. I haven't tried them (yet!)

Thanks Swoodward! I really love the Shea Moisture products!
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 8th November 2010, 1:35 pm

Hi Curlies! Sorry about the multiple posts. I was trying to address ya'll as I read through the posts - Smile @frekledmom - love those twists. They look like rope twist. Very nice.

Nothing new for me. Still wearing my 2 strand twist out. I did change my process a little, but that was not the answer. I washed and cond w/Giovanni SAS shampoo and conditioner. I did a DC with my mixture of more Giovanni Deeper Moisture ( i was out of my Olive Oil Replenishing conditioner) + melted coconut oil + honey+ castor oil. Sat under the dryer for 45 min. Rinsed with cool water. I used the Kimmaytube leave in. But, my mistake here was I doubled the receipe because I wanted it to last on each section that I did for twisting. I don't think it worked as well. My twists didnt come out as moist and didn't hold as long this time. I don't think I will do that again. If I run out, I'll just mix another batch. Maybe had something to do with the Ph balance?

I also have started taking Biotin tablets, which I've heard is great for hair growth and also a multi-vitamin. And I've increased my water intake.

Last edited by Naturalin2010 on 8th November 2010, 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add about the vitamins)
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 8th November 2010, 2:46 pm

@ swoodward- I love your twist out and the headband is so cute!

Nothing new for me- I am still wearing the twist out from my twist last week. I will probably co-wash tonight or in the morning.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 8th November 2010, 8:05 pm

Small Update - I got a much needed trim this weekend. I think this was the cause of the horrendous tangles I've been experiencing lately. Since the trim I've had no problems with detangling or combing my hair. I'm not worried about the hair which was cut because I'd rather get rid of those ends to prevent any further tangling and breakage.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 8th November 2010, 11:44 pm

Don't think I've updated in a while but I've been in mini box braids since October 22nd. I am planning on keeping them in until around Christmas.

KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanija 9th November 2010, 1:16 pm

Co-washed my braids this morning, day 12 of my box braids. I plan to wash and dc my hair this week and go another week with the box braids, a record for me. The longest they lasted was 10 days. I co-washed with Moisturologie, GDLI, Vatika oil and a shea moisture mix. My ends are on perm rods.
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by newday 9th November 2010, 6:53 pm

I haven't updated in a while. Last Friday, I washed and then henna'd my hair for six hours. I co washed with V05 and HE Tottally Twisted. I ran out of KCKT so I mixed my Kimmaytube leave in with Giovanni's leave in and sealed with Vatika oil and Koils by Nature Shea Butter. I twisted in big chunks and went to bed. The next morning I took down the large twists and retwisted into smaller twists and rolled the twists using the Koils by Nature gel. Took the perm rods out and left the twists in until Monday and have been rocking a twist-n-curl ever since. The result is a curly fro. It's a little looser today and I think I can where this until Thursday.

I went to the Indian store the other day and they finally got Amla powder. I plan to do an Amla, Brahmi treatment this weekend.
newday
newday

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 9th November 2010, 9:35 pm

Hi everyone. not much to report... over the weekend I did my usual wash with organix coconut milk shampoo and dc with AOHSR. Im getting bored with bunning, thinking about getting some braids for the remainder of 2010. Not quite sure yet, but I better do something productive before I haul off and put a hot comb to my head Sad
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 10th November 2010, 12:20 am

The only thing new happening on my head is that I chopped 2800 unhealthy hairs out of my mane. I tried Cantu shea butter leave in for my kimmaytube mixture and I hate it. I should have stayed with the garnier fructise as the leave-in for that mixture. The Cantu is watery and it does not play well with the aloe vera.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 10th November 2010, 2:04 am

Lynnieluve wrote:@ Oooop2 - your shrinkage is CRAZY!!! Love the pic of you and your baby.

As for achieving a puff on dry hair, I usually do it using a twist out. Once I have separated my twist out to my liking, I spritz my edges with a little water, apply a moisturizer, then a little ecocustard (ecostyler mixed with oils). I smooth my edges back with my hands and/or brush and slide my puff back to the desired position using a knee hi. Once everything is in place, I tie my edges down with my satin scarf. The longer I leave the scarf on, the better.

I hope that makes sense.

Yeah girl...My shrinkage is nuts. I'm always pleasantly surprised when I get to see my actual lenght. Thanks for the puff tip Smile

tiashaunteƩ wrote:
oooop2 wrote:
tiashaunteƩ wrote:Last night I trimmed my hair in sections then had my hubby even up the length in the back. In all he trimmed off about 4-5 inches of hair. Trims don't scare me anymore because I know what to do now to retain length. I will be bunning all winter into the spring. I am anxious to see my length retention with my new trimmed ends.

Do you always do your own trims?

Always. I have tried to go to salons but I always punk out.

Yeah..I can't seem to bring myself to allow someone else to do my trims. Maybe one day!!

crvng4mr wrote:
oooop2 wrote:Update on me:

Well I haven't washed my hair since Oct 21. I also haven't had to add any product besides spritzing with water/green tea, since apply Qhemet AOHC. It's amazing how long that stuff last in my hair.

I wore large twist from Oct 21-Oct 24, then on Oct 25, I untwisted. Been wearing twistouts since. I've been retwisting at night and untwisting in the morning. Once again only adding a little water/green tea and nothing else prior to retwisting. I am loving my volume!!

Twistouts from Oct 25

Twistouts from Oct 29

Twistouts from Oct 30

I love my expanding twistouts. Planning on washing my hair this Thurs.

Thanks for the updates ladies Smile

I love your twistouts!!!! They are sooooo pretty and healthy looking too. Qhemet is da bomb!

Thank you!! And I falling in love with Qhemet again. For the past 2wks that all I've used and my hair LOVES it!!!

kinksncurls wrote:Hey all.
My update for the week:
I'm still in my mini braids - I made it a month I couldn't believe it because they still look good to me (not too fuzzy). I had to go back through the threads and find my post from when I did them september 30th.

Anyways I've been washing with suave daily clarifying shampoo weekly, conditioning with suave coconut conditioner and coconut oil, then applying shea moisture curl and style milk and afroveda shea alma on my ends.

here is what my braids look like now: excuse the outfit I'm lounging around the house today

I'm planning on keeping them in for another 2 weeks before takedown.

WOW!! Your hair looks great even after the frequent washes. My hair would look like a HOT MESS!!

swoodward wrote:lot's of gorgeous hair!!!

Oooop2, your hair looks fab! Very thick and shiny. It looks very healthy.

The last time I trimmed my hair was around June 10th I think.

I used Butters-N-Bars Conditioning Hair Masque. It's not a dye but like a clay based conditioner. This one is supposed to be a good moisturizer and detangler. I had bought it for my daughter because it's supposed to loosen your curl pattern (Australian Clay? Morrocan Mud?) I usually try something on my hair before hers. (excuses) I am on a serious plant kick right now and am in the Hairuvedic challenge too.

I think my curl pattern is looser in the way henna makes it looser. But what I really noticed was how soft my hair is. It was so easy to detangle. I washed using my Tawaka shampoo with Neem oil, then used put on Aussie Moist and sectioned, detangled and loosely braided my hair in 6 sections. I rinsed the condish out with the braids in. (That Aussie Moist has got to be one of the best detangling conditioners I have ever tried in my whole life!!!)

I then took out each section and applied the masque and covered with a plastic cap. I rinsed about an hour later and my hair felt soft and strong. I don't know if the loosening effect is permanent. It never tangled even though I had taken the plaits out when I put the clay in. I put in a small amount of Qhemet Biologics detangling ghee (i was thinking of a base, y'know...) then Kimmay's leave in and sealed with QB's Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm. My hair is in twists now.

I look sad 'cause I had to go to work today...

Thanks for the compliment and your current update. I'll have to add the Aussie Moist to my list.

kurlegurl wrote:HI Curlies,

Here is a mini update on me, but I soooo need some help. I have a banquet to go to this Friday and I need to know what the heck I am going to do to my hair. I was thinking of a roller set but I don't have tim to hunt down a stylist that I can trust. If anyone has some curly style ideas for a semi formal event, please feel free to send me some ideas.

Thanks!

So I wore my hair in twists for 3 days and wore a twist out the fourth day. I finally figured out how to make my twist outs last more than a day, I alwasy saw people talk about retwisting at night to take it down again the next day. So i mastered it, lol. I am going to deep condition today and figure something out for friday. I didn't get pics of this twist out but I will post a few of my last one.

Look forward to hearing some ideas for styles for this banquet!

Thanks for the help curlies!

Twist out
https://i.servimg.com/u/f24/15/34/25/62/dscf4111.jpg

You can really see the henna color in these pics!

Thanks for the update. For anything fancy, I tend to wear my hair in defined twistouts. Seems to provide me w/the most elegant look. And since I can't really get all fancy with my hair styles, it's easy enough for me to achieve.

CrissyQ wrote:My hair has been doing great. keeping it simple for the most part, I will post comparison pics from sep t6-nov 6 on saturday.

Can't wait to see the comparison. Do you feel like it's growing a lot??

Lynnieluve wrote:My update:

I washed my hair last night...

Prepoo - homemade moisturizing mix using heat for 20 minutes

Detangled with wide tooth comb, then denman - put hair into 12 large twist

Shampooed with twist in using Taliah Waajid's Shampoo

Conditioned with twist in using YTCucumbers and rinsed

Since I just washed and deep conditioned my Thursday, I didnt deep condition last night

Applied Kimmaytube leave in and Hairveda Cocasta shikakai oil. Turned the twist into braids/plaits to dry overnight

They didnt dry overnight so I ended up blow drying my hair this morning and putting it in a twist up do

I like the way it turned out and will leave it up until the weekend.

You're so creative with your styles!!!

Alanija wrote:Today is day 6 with my box braids and I would really like to try and keep them in for another week. I normally take my hair down on day 6 wear it out for 1 day, then do my wash condish routine and rebraid or twist. So my question is, is it good to deep conditon while my hair is in the box braids or should I just leave it alone until time to take down?

I would say leave it alone and DC once you take them down. That way you can also properly detangle after.

freckledmom4 wrote:@ Lynnie -love your style for this week.

@oooop- I love your twist out pics. The henna took much better since the dye had a chance to release, but the greys are creeping back in and it's only a week later- I guess that's a good thing though.

My Update: I henna'ed overnight last Wednesday and dc'ed all day on Thursday and I can't really remember what style I wore because I got a terrible head cold/sinus infection. On Monday I washed with Smooth As Silk shampoo and detangled with the last of my TJTTT condish. Then I did a hot oil treatment with Vatika oil for about 40 minutes. I added some Aussie Moist for about the last 10 minutes and rinsed with cold water. I used Gionvanni leave-in, Aphogee Keratin & Green tea spray and Chi Silk Infusion before I blow dried with cool to warm heat. That night, I twisted with DB Vanilla Styling Cream and Oyin Burnt Sugar.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This was my first attempt at dry twisting. The products worked very well and I was surprised with the length. I plan on wearing these until Friday because I have a wedding to go to.
BTW my length in the front is still at 4 inches since my little cutting escapade and the back is 5 inches.

Thanks for the compliment. And I just love you hair. I would be one of those people trying to cop a feel...LOL

krazy coils wrote:@oooop2 - The next time I use shampoo I plan to dilute it with water. The green tea spritz was okay but I plan to come up with a different mixture this weekend.

Yeah..I wasn't really feeling the green tea mix, but I wasn't using it consistently. And my kids didn't like the smell, so I really couldn't use it on them. May try a more diluted green tea mix next time.

Alanija wrote:I washed my hair while in the box braids using diluted shampoo, conditioned and put in GDLI, coconut oil and shea butter mixture, with JBCO on my scalp. My hair does not feel dry as it usually does so I'm going to stick with this regimen on a wkly basis. I'm on day 7 of my box braids and will leave them in till next week.

Thanks for the update!!
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 10th November 2010, 2:12 am

swoodward wrote:Henna in now.

Last week I didn't have to do too much. I put on a little leave in on my twists afer showers until Tuesday - only 3 days. I wore a twist out and set with chunky twists all day on Thursday and wore the twistout again on Friday.

I was a BAD girl. I had ordered the Honeybush Soft Tea gel and the Amla Oil pomade from Qhemet Biologics. So when I put the chunky twists in wed night to set I used the gel and pomade before twisting.

Here's Friday hair...

styled - this was last night after I got home and changed. I could not believe this is end of day hair! :

and today when I got up and fluffed -
just out:

if nubie sees this I am sorry in advance.

Great job on your hair. And thanks for sharing!!

Naturalin2010 wrote:Hi Curlies! Sorry about the multiple posts. I was trying to address ya'll as I read through the posts - Smile @frekledmom - love those twists. They look like rope twist. Very nice.

Nothing new for me. Still wearing my 2 strand twist out. I did change my process a little, but that was not the answer. I washed and cond w/Giovanni SAS shampoo and conditioner. I did a DC with my mixture of more Giovanni Deeper Moisture ( i was out of my Olive Oil Replenishing conditioner) + melted coconut oil + honey+ castor oil. Sat under the dryer for 45 min. Rinsed with cool water. I used the Kimmaytube leave in. But, my mistake here was I doubled the receipe because I wanted it to last on each section that I did for twisting. I don't think it worked as well. My twists didnt come out as moist and didn't hold as long this time. I don't think I will do that again. If I run out, I'll just mix another batch. Maybe had something to do with the Ph balance?

I also have started taking Biotin tablets, which I've heard is great for hair growth and also a multi-vitamin. And I've increased my water intake.

Thanks for the update. Let us know if the addition of Biotin tabs are working.

krazy coils wrote:Small Update - I got a much needed trim this weekend. I think this was the cause of the horrendous tangles I've been experiencing lately. Since the trim I've had no problems with detangling or combing my hair. I'm not worried about the hair which was cut because I'd rather get rid of those ends to prevent any further tangling and breakage.

Did you cut your hair yourself? And I agree, sometimes you just have to give yourself a good trim.

KnottyKinkyMommy wrote:Don't think I've updated in a while but I've been in mini box braids since October 22nd. I am planning on keeping them in until around Christmas.

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to see your length after you take the braids out.

Alanija wrote:Co-washed my braids this morning, day 12 of my box braids. I plan to wash and dc my hair this week and go another week with the box braids, a record for me. The longest they lasted was 10 days. I co-washed with Moisturologie, GDLI, Vatika oil and a shea moisture mix. My ends are on perm rods.

Yeah on achieving a new record. What do you think you did differently that is now allowing your hair to last longer? Or do you think it's due to more length?

newday wrote:I haven't updated in a while. Last Friday, I washed and then henna'd my hair for six hours. I co washed with V05 and HE Tottally Twisted. I ran out of KCKT so I mixed my Kimmaytube leave in with Giovanni's leave in and sealed with Vatika oil and Koils by Nature Shea Butter. I twisted in big chunks and went to bed. The next morning I took down the large twists and retwisted into smaller twists and rolled the twists using the Koils by Nature gel. Took the perm rods out and left the twists in until Monday and have been rocking a twist-n-curl ever since. The result is a curly fro. It's a little looser today and I think I can where this until Thursday.

I went to the Indian store the other day and they finally got Amla powder. I plan to do an Amla, Brahmi treatment this weekend.

How do you plan on doing the amla treatment? Are you using as a prepoo?

Keisha wrote:Hi everyone. not much to report... over the weekend I did my usual wash with organix coconut milk shampoo and dc with AOHSR. Im getting bored with bunning, thinking about getting some braids for the remainder of 2010. Not quite sure yet, but I better do something productive before I haul off and put a hot comb to my head Sad

Yeah..I've found that it's important to change up my style when I start getting bored. Unfortunately for me, I'm not as creative as some of the other ladies, so my change up typically goes from twist to twistouts to loose ponytail to WnG, then back to twist.

DreamMerchant wrote:The only thing new happening on my head is that I chopped 2800 unhealthy hairs out of my mane. I tried Cantu shea butter leave in for my kimmaytube mixture and I hate it. I should have stayed with the garnier fructise as the leave-in for that mixture. The Cantu is watery and it does not play well with the aloe vera.

2800 Shocked ....Bless you for counting.
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 10th November 2010, 2:24 am

Update on me:

Last Thursday I washed and conditioned my hair w/ Giovanni Deep Moisturizing Poo and Condish. I then applied Qhemet Alma Oil and Heavy Cream to my hair and twisted. On Sat, I undid my twist and wore a t/o puff like Lynnie had (sorry no pics..next time). Kept my hair like that until today.

My scalp was itching like crazy. I don't think I scrubbed enough the previous Thurs. So tonight, I washed my hair w/ HE Hello Hydration Moisturizing Poo in blue bottle. I then applyed Suave Clarifying Condish to hair, let it sit on my hair for about 10min, then I rinsed it out. I then applied HE Hello Hyd Moisturizing Condish to hair as a leave in.

Remember that I ONLY wash my hair in sectioned off twist. So with the leave in on my hair, I undid a section, applied Qhemet AOHC to hair and twisted into smaller twist. Currently wearing hair in smaller twist. They came out cute and feel WONDERFUL to I'm not sure when I am going to take them down to wear t/os...

Thanks for all the updates ladies!! Smile
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th November 2010, 10:12 am

@ Oooop2 - Thanks for the compliment. I wish there were pics of the twist out puff!! I know it was really cute! I love your twist!!! Do you twist on damp hair? I washed my hair last night and did my twist on damp hair (didnt have time to let it air dry) and I dont like them. The shrinkage is crazy. I'll make 'em work though.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th November 2010, 10:30 am

Update: Yesterday was Wash Day

- Prepooed with AO GPB with heat for 10 minutes.

- Shampooed with KBB Conditioning Shampoo

- Conditioned/Detangled with Tresemme Naturals and Yes To Cucumbers (ran out of Tresemme Naturals)

- Deep Conditioned with Shea Moisture Deep Tx Masque for 20 minutes with heat and an hour after (had to cook dinner)

-Applied Kimmaytube leave in, Koils By Nature Hair and Body Butter, and Koils By Nature Eucalyptus gel

Style: small/medium twist (sorry no pics)

My hair felt weird before and after I deep conditioned. The Deep Tx Masque didnt seem to work as well as it has in the pass Sad I will keep using it to see how it works when I dont use a protein conditioner. After moisturizing, my hair felt fine.

Here is pics of my hair this pass weekend:

Bonus: My lovebug and I

That's my update. I think my next style will be mini twist....I think. Laughing Have a good rest of the week curlies!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanija 10th November 2010, 2:10 pm

Yeah on achieving a new record. What do you think you did differently that is now allowing your hair to last longer? Or do you think it's due to more length?

I think since I'm not using a lot of products in my hair that may be why my braids are lasting longer. I also don't have a lot of time to wash and dc my hair the way I would like, so that pushes me to keep it in a bit longer than usual as well. I've been wearing hats and scarves so the fuzziness doesn't really bother me.
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 11th November 2010, 8:23 pm

@ oooop- thanks for the compliment!

My update: Yesterday was washday. Here's what I did

Pre-pooed with maka oil and a 10 minute scalp massage.

Shampooed with TJTTT

Detangled with YTTomatoes

Deep Conditioned with Amla powder mixed with Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment & Giovanni 50:50 condish for 1 1/2 hours

Leave in KCKT

I applied Qhemet's Amla cream to my scalp and small sections of hair then did big flat 2 stand twist to stretch with DB Vanilla Styling Cream.

Today I took out the flat twist and retwisted in small sections with the DB cream and Oyin Burnt Sugar and did a couple of smaller flat twist in the front because I got tired of twisting. Didn't take pics yet because I just finished but I will tomorrow. I did notice that my ends were frizzy and brittle and I had a few broken strands of hair. I am wondering if I need a protein treatment.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 11th November 2010, 8:56 pm

Im having hair envy right now... Embarassed

Lynnieluve wrote:Update: Yesterday was Wash Day

Here is pics of my hair this pass weekend:

Bonus: My lovebug and I

Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 14th November 2010, 4:15 pm

My Hair Update:

I finally took my hair out of my five week natural braids a few days ago. I washed with suave clarifying conditioner. Detangled with tresemme naturals conditioner (this conditioner is seriously amazing for detangling), and put my hair in twists yesterday using shea moisture hair milk as my leave in and afroveda shea alma to twist

I will probably keep these twists in for a week or two (depending on how long I can go without washing, and when I take them down, I'll either try a new style or braid it up again.
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 14th November 2010, 4:40 pm

Happy Sunday everyone. Just checking in, I purchased 2 new products this week: Yes to Cucumbers Leave In Conditioner (love it) and LIVE GREEN Pomerganate Conditioner (its alright, I gotta give it a few more tires before the verdict is in). On Friday I did a Hot Oil Treatment (HOT) with Amla Oil and set under my conditioning cap for some extra heat. Im putting myself on a 1 month no shampoo challenge. Shampoo leaves my hair dry and stripped feeling so this past Friday when I used conditioner only, OMG my hair felt soft, moisturized and was very easy to detangle. If anything after this challenge i'll probably just use shampoo twice or once a month.
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by kurlegurl 15th November 2010, 4:47 pm

Hey Curlies,

Quick update, I washed and conditioned last Thursday and have had my hair in twists since then. So, I need a styler, I used the Shea Moisture Curl smoothie and sealed with my shea/coconut/olive oil mixture, and it has been very moisturized. Today it is starting to look a little fuzzy and I don't know if that is because of the lack of hold the shea moisture smoothie gives, but I need a good styler for the winter. I will post pics a little later, need some batteries for my camera...lol
kurlegurl
kurlegurl

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 15th November 2010, 9:28 pm

Hey all,

shampoo'd with tawaka cleanser with neem oil.
detangled with aussie moist and twisted in 6 sections
left the Aussie in and then added a little tawaka conditioner mixed with a raw egg. baggie'd then rinsed after 1/2 hour. Should have used less Aussie.
followed with BnB's Hair Masque (for moisture following protein treatment above)
rinsed after 2 hours. Put in about 2 tsp of avocado oil, 2 tsp of DevaCurl Moisture One, then twisted with Kimmay's leave-in recipe and sealed with QB Amla & Olive Oil. I put in about 14 twists.

Wore a twist out today.Would you believe my hair ate almost every drop of oil? My hair is soft but not greasy. Who'da thunk it?

retwisting (10) to sleep with my trusty satin bonnet.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th November 2010, 2:14 am

Here's my update.

My twist out from last week. I was pretty but I can do without the shrinkage No

I washed my hair last night.

Prepoo - used heat for 15-20 mins - Giovanni TTT and Giovanni 50:50 with honey and jojoba oil (I finished both bottles of Giovanni [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I wont be purchasing them again)

Shampoo - Taliah Waajid Herbal Shampoo

Conditioned/Detangle - Aussie Moist ( I WUV THAT STUFF)

Deep Conditioner - Shea Moisture Deep Tx Masque with honey (with heat for 30 minutes) It just doesnt work the way it used too. I need a new deep conditioner Sad

Applied Giovanni Direct Leave in, coconut oil and banded my hair to dry overnight.

This morning I twisted my hair using Uncle Funky's Daughter Extra Butter. So far so good. I like it. I will see how well it holds up over the next few days.

Here are my twist

Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 21st November 2010, 1:31 am

I barely even chunky twisted my hair to sleep this week. I basically doused my hair with a little avocado oil at night, chunky twists (about Cool with a satin bonnet, took it out in the am, put on a shower cap and showered, fluffed and added a headband. I did this until fri night at which point I just put on the satin bonnet, this morning capped for shower and fluffed with a headband!

I did baggie my hair every night this week for 1 hour though when I came home. Wanted to keep my moisture up.

I think I mentioned before - I had to trim a couple of weeks back because I had fairy knots (SSK's) on almost all of my ends - almost ALL!!! For the last week I have catching the ones I missed during the trim by conducting search and destroy missions at night before I got ready for bed. I cut individual hairs where I found the knots before putting on a plastic cap for an hour (baggie). I have no clue how I messed my hair up like that other than over inexperienced and poor handling during the transition and right after the BC. I have no growth to report because I trimmed my hair. I can report my ends are not see through. People have said this week they can't really tell I have had a trim. The beauty of kinky curls.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next