CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The OFFICIAL 3m GROWTH CHALLENGE Pt 2..Sept 6-Dec 31

+62
MsJay1121
cocoma
Ashespeak22
NYTiffy
rayray19
curlybrwnbaby
dsp0322
4EverNatural
natural813
Ink
ladygogohot
sophisticatedbeauty
ifypi..nya..curls
Naturalin2010
ChrsLvsBks
priceless
iculukin
Fleur
Ms.Mai
tiashaunteƩ
Curlock Holmes
Alanija
curlyscot
CurlsGalore
freckledmom4
KinkyNappyHappy
kurlegurl
Karameldiva1978
crvng4mr
Becca101
Janet36603
luvmyboys02
BeenAuNaturel
Neems
Keisha
agore07
newday
blackricangirl
WhosThatRedHead
CocaColaCutie
krazy coils
MelMelBee
missmoriah
DreamMerchant
swoodward
kayehaircare
Ziggs
KeAnia
Alana
cyclingchick
NhappyJackie
KnottyKinkyMommy
Cherry: extraordinary!
ladybug
Buttercup76
kinksncurls
Karyn
CrissyQ
makeupvixen
ShortNSassie
Lynnieluve
oooop2
66 posters

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

The OFFICIAL 3m GROWTH CHALLENGE Pt 2..Sept 6-Dec 31 - Page 18 Empty Re: The OFFICIAL 3m GROWTH CHALLENGE Pt 2..Sept 6-Dec 31

Post by swoodward 24th October 2010, 3:15 pm

krazy coils wrote: Small update: I am still wearing twists but I plan to make a few changes to my regimen. Due to dryness and tangling I am going to remove shampoo from my regimen for awhile unless I really need to clarify my hair. I plan to alternate between Bentonite Clay and adding Shikakai to my amla and brahmi paste to remove buildup.

Hopefully this will help with the dryness and tangling but I will see and make other changes as needed. Also I've been moisturizing with a green tea spritz. I use green tea, aloe vera gel, grapeseed oil, and tea tree oil. I am also going to have my hair trimmed sometime next week.

Curious: How is the weather KC? My hair is reacting differently to stuff since mid October. It's not cold yet either. But something is different.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

The OFFICIAL 3m GROWTH CHALLENGE Pt 2..Sept 6-Dec 31 - Page 18 Empty Re: The OFFICIAL 3m GROWTH CHALLENGE Pt 2..Sept 6-Dec 31

Post by cocoma 24th October 2010, 5:15 pm

Hi all!
It has been a LONG time since I have posted. I am about to do a protein treatment with condish and eggs on dry hair. This will be my first time doing this on dry hair so we will see how it goes. I will continue to bun as my protective style. I tried twists for a few days but that is not a good look for me in court.

Hopefully I will retain a few inches and finally make APL by the end of the year.
cocoma
cocoma

Back to top Go down

Post by ShortNSassie 25th October 2010, 10:33 pm

It's been a couple weeks since my last post. I loaned a friend my camera and she hasen't returned it yet. Anywhoo I have just been wearing my twists. Tonight I prepoo with Aussie Moist Condish, poo'd with Tresemme Naturals. I am doing a henna gloss treatment and deep condish in preparation for the Genie Locs/Yarn Braids I will be starting tomorrow. Wish me luck. I hope to finish by Thursday, since this is my first time I expect it may take a while. They will be in for 6-8 weeks, I will post pics when I am done.
ShortNSassie
ShortNSassie

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 25th October 2010, 11:09 pm

Hi Ladies

Just doing my update. Nothing new and nothing different. I washed and twisted on saturday. I used Mozeke products this weekend. I have to say I like what they did for my hair but the smell of one of the products was very strong. I don't know which one it was and I can't recall which one it was. I really like the way it came out. I took some pictures and I'll post them soon.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 25th October 2010, 11:11 pm

Hey all, I've been M.I.A. for a while too. I'm still in the same natural braids. They still look good, just a little fuzzy so I'll be going for another week. I'm following the same routine wash with suave clarifying once a week, condition with suave coconut conditioner and coconut oil, followed by my leave in and sealer.
I'll post pics when I do something different with my hair, or how my hair looks before I finally decide to take the braids down. For me, braids is definitely my go to style, I love not having to do anything with my hair for weeks at a time.
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 26th October 2010, 12:19 pm

I needed a trim and shape bad! So I cut off about 2-4 inches all over depending on the length of the section.

I am amazed at how much easier it is to detangle my hair. I don't see any SSKs or split ends now so my goal all winter is to protect my ends and retain healthy length. I am anxious to see my results in the Spring.
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 26th October 2010, 12:56 pm

I've still been doing twists/twist-outs on my hair. I'm noticing a lot more ssk than when I did wngs-weird huh? I did a wng go yesterday because I missed my curls. I used KCKT and KCCC for the first time in a month and was really surprised by the results. I really liked my hair and just wore a curly fro. It's funny how taking a break and then reusing a product can give you a new appreciation for it. Today its pulled back into a puff and I hope to have time to henna tomorrow night.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Buttercup76 26th October 2010, 5:47 pm

Hello in there <> Haven't been up here in months. Because all I have been doing is my weekly washes and 2 strand twist. Lately I have been pinning the front up to protect the ends now that it is long enough... Here is a recent pic... Hope all is well... Happy Growing...

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Buttercup76
Buttercup76

http://www.thegeminiexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 26th October 2010, 6:33 pm

Back in twists temporarily - I used the psoriasis shampoo but skipped regular shampoo after and instead used a paste of shikakai and water. I rinsed after 5 minutes and mixed 1 tablespoon each of brahmi and amla powders into enough AOHR conditioner to coat my hair and kept a plastic cap on fro a couple hours.

I did trim my ends - I had fairy knots everywhere. I took off about 1/2 to 3/4 inches. I cut damp hair. It was interesting. I did big chunky twists and wore a twist out yesterday, then re-twisted last night. I think these will stay in for a minute.
before ends [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
after ends [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I cut down to ABOUT 5 1/2 inches in most places except for the hair near my nape - that hair grows like crazy and I think it's still 6 +.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 26th October 2010, 6:46 pm

swoodward wrote:
krazy coils wrote: Small update: I am still wearing twists but I plan to make a few changes to my regimen. Due to dryness and tangling I am going to remove shampoo from my regimen for awhile unless I really need to clarify my hair. I plan to alternate between Bentonite Clay and adding Shikakai to my amla and brahmi paste to remove buildup.

Hopefully this will help with the dryness and tangling but I will see and make other changes as needed. Also I've been moisturizing with a green tea spritz. I use green tea, aloe vera gel, grapeseed oil, and tea tree oil. I am also going to have my hair trimmed sometime next week.

Curious: How is the weather KC? My hair is reacting differently to stuff since mid October. It's not cold yet either. But something is different.

The weather isn't cold where I am, its actually still warm. I'm not sure what's going on with my hair but I'm trying to narrow everything down and figure it out.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 27th October 2010, 9:39 pm

Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've posted. But, I've been doing basically the same thing trying to get an established routine down pat. I've been wearing 2 strand twist outs. My twist out is more of unraveling and lifting. It seems if I unravel too much a get a fuzz at the roots. My avitar shows how they look.

Two things I've tried new. 1) Using the Kimmaytube leave in consistently. I've noticed my ends are more moist and not so fuzzy. Yet the roots can be in certain spots. I like the way it leaves my feeling soft.
2) I wanted to see what a WnG looked like since it's been about a month since I've worn one. I used the Shea Moisture products and I really loooved how it made my hair feel. Here is a pic. (I hope it uploads) I still have product because it was drying. But, my WnG before never looked as healthy. I was pleased. I'll have to do a length check soon. But, not sure how.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 27th October 2010, 10:17 pm

Lookin good Naturalin^!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th October 2010, 7:48 pm

I finally washed my hair today (wash day is usually Sundays).

I pre pooed one dry hair using a homemade moisturizing mix I got from YT. I applied the mix and put my hair in about 14 chunky twist then I sat under the dry from about 20 minutes. Then I detangled with my wide tooth comb and denman brush.

I rinsed the mix out and shampooed with twist still in. Then I applied Nexxus Emergencee to each twist and let it sit about 10 minutes, then I rinsed it out. I then took each twist down and applied Shea Moisture Deep Tx Masque and retwist. Sat under the dryer about 30 minutes and rinsed with twist still in.

I applied Kimmaytube leave in and shikakai oil and made the twist smaller.

Here is a length check I did today...

Last edited by Lynnieluve on 28th October 2010, 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pics)
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 28th October 2010, 7:53 pm

Naturalin2010 wrote:Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've posted. But, I've been doing basically the same thing trying to get an established routine down pat. I've been wearing 2 strand twist outs. My twist out is more of unraveling and lifting. It seems if I unravel too much a get a fuzz at the roots. My avitar shows how they look.

Two things I've tried new. 1) Using the Kimmaytube leave in consistently. I've noticed my ends are more moist and not so fuzzy. Yet the roots can be in certain spots. I like the way it leaves my feeling soft.
2) I wanted to see what a WnG looked like since it's been about a month since I've worn one. I used the Shea Moisture products and I really loooved how it made my hair feel. Here is a pic. (I hope it uploads) I still have product because it was drying. But, my WnG before never looked as healthy. I was pleased. I'll have to do a length check soon. But, not sure how.

you're hair looks very shiny. My sis uses some of thier products and she is pretty happy. I haven't tried them (yet!)
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 28th October 2010, 7:56 pm

Lynnie your hair looks nice.
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th October 2010, 8:21 pm

Keisha wrote:Lynnie your hair looks nice.

Thanks!! I am working retain length. This is the longest my hair has EVER been!! Very Happy
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 28th October 2010, 11:58 pm

I agree, Lynnie, your hair looks great as usual.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 30th October 2010, 3:24 pm

great growth lynnie!!

time for my weekly update!! and what a week i had!!

so this week i decided i wanted to add color in my twa..so i went to the store grab a semi permanent pack of spice auburn and applied it that night..well little did i kno, semi permenatne dye isnt as powerful as a permanent dye..so pretty much the color didnt take at all..so i went back to the store (that NIGHT!!) and applied a permant spice auburn right over that semi permanent and my hair must really didnt want to be color becuase the only thing that turn auburn was my roots (they were real subtle though) so I was fed up by then and went back to my precious black rinse the next day!!

I think im going to stick with my black rinses..color just isnt for me..I guess since i've been dying my hair black for sooo long its almost impossible to get color over it

oh yea and surprisingly my hair didn't have any damage from all that coloring..I did a good deep condition and protein treatment and my hair looks and feels the same..YAAAY!!
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanija 30th October 2010, 9:17 pm

Glad you said that rayray19 because I was wondering if your hair was damaged after all that coloring.
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 31st October 2010, 8:58 pm

Sitting here with a hair masque from Butter&Bars. This has Australian pink clay. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My hair had been trimmed and overall, I didn't cut too much so I feel as though my hair is where it was last month.

Now for the retaining what we grow part. I can't remember what my goal was but it should have been an additional 1 1/2 inches by January I think. My hair grows about average - slower some months and faster others. I don't think the trim will hold me back much. We'll see.

Since I joined the challenge I have settled on the aruvedic powders and oils, have kept detangling down to once a week.

Going to rinse and wear a twist out this week but I haven't fully made up my mind about that. Going to rinse and see how my hair came out.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 31st October 2010, 10:27 pm

Hi Ladies

Just doing my weekly check-in. I still have not did a length check but I can tell SugaBabe is growing. This week I haven't done much. I wore my twist out for a couple of days. I am still wearing the twist out/fro this week. What next week is going to bring I don't know.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 31st October 2010, 10:56 pm

Thanks Swoodard and Rayray!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 1st November 2010, 12:12 am

Hi ladies! It has been a minute. I really haven't been doing to much but co-washes and buns and moisturizing with S-Curl. That is because I have been waiting for the weather to break to straighten and do a length check. Well today was the day! Yay! i washed my hair with Suave Clarifying Shampoo, then I left Sally's Ion Reconstructive Treatment in for 10 minutes. I followed that with Jessicurl Deep Treatment for an hour and a half under my heat wrap. I rinsed that out and detangled with Suave Almond/Shea Butter Conditioner (which I really am feeling). I then tried Kimmaytube's Leave-In for the first time. I thought it was okay but I will try it again because I only had 1 tablespoon of Kinky Curly Knot Today left. Then I put on Sabino Lok and Blok ( first time) and blow dried on high with warm air. I (well my daughter) flat ironed my hair with her trusty FHI with the temp halfway to 410. I want to say it was about 275 to 310. She used a straightening comb/flat iron method. My hair definitely grew but we used too much Sabino I think (and we didn't use that much, I still have half the sample left) so it is extremely straight. Too straight for me but I will change that tomorrow when I throw some rollers up in there. So here are some pics!

crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 1st November 2010, 12:51 am

tiashaunteƩ wrote:Last night I trimmed my hair in sections then had my hubby even up the length in the back. In all he trimmed off about 4-5 inches of hair. Trims don't scare me anymore because I know what to do now to retain length. I will be bunning all winter into the spring. I am anxious to see my length retention with my new trimmed ends.

Do you always do your own trims?

swoodward wrote:Still in twists until tomorrow. I took the headband out and this is a couple from the side:
Thanks for the advice Oooop. I took a long look just to make sure and think it's just 1/4 to 1/2 inch of hair at the very end. It gets very tangled. I moisturize pretty well and the hair feels pretty good but the way it tangled last week made me real nervous. Not to mention the fairy knots.

I might do a video to document this. I'll keep you posted. Thanks!!!!

Thanks for the update!!

KeAnia wrote:[color=indigo]oooop2

In this area it is hard to find someone to do quality work. I have seen some others but have not liked them as much. She has done my hair before and all of my friends so that's why I don't mind the wait.[/color]

I understand....

Keisha wrote:Im back, not much to report. Im glad I got my wash day over with. On Friday I did a hot oil treatment with amla oil. I sat under my conditioning cap for about 2 hours, then washed my hair with organix coconut milk shampoo (I think this shampoo is a keeper) Afterwards, I spritz the aphogee green tea reconstructor on each section of my hair, applied the giovanni direct leave in, moisturized with elasta qp olive oil/mango butter, sealed with my shea butter/coconut oil mix and banded my hair in 4 sections, to stretch it out for a bun.

How did your hair end up feeling?

Have you tried using diluted shampoo to wash? Or adding baking soda to your poo before applying? That tends to help me. I've also been using the green tea spritz at night. It's too new to know if I really like it or not.
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 1st November 2010, 1:05 am

cocoma wrote:Hi all!
It has been a LONG time since I have posted. I am about to do a protein treatment with condish and eggs on dry hair. This will be my first time doing this on dry hair so we will see how it goes. I will continue to bun as my protective style. I tried twists for a few days but that is not a good look for me in court.

Hopefully I will retain a few inches and finally make APL by the end of the year.

How did your protein treatment turn out?

ShortNSassie wrote:It's been a couple weeks since my last post. I loaned a friend my camera and she hasen't returned it yet. Anywhoo I have just been wearing my twists. Tonight I prepoo with Aussie Moist Condish, poo'd with Tresemme Naturals. I am doing a henna gloss treatment and deep condish in preparation for the Genie Locs/Yarn Braids I will be starting tomorrow. Wish me luck. I hope to finish by Thursday, since this is my first time I expect it may take a while. They will be in for 6-8 weeks, I will post pics when I am done.

Thanks for the update!!

KeAnia wrote:Hi Ladies

Just doing my update. Nothing new and nothing different. I washed and twisted on saturday. I used Mozeke products this weekend. I have to say I like what they did for my hair but the smell of one of the products was very strong. I don't know which one it was and I can't recall which one it was. I really like the way it came out. I took some pictures and I'll post them soon.

Thanks for the update!!

kinksncurls wrote:Hey all, I've been M.I.A. for a while too. I'm still in the same natural braids. They still look good, just a little fuzzy so I'll be going for another week. I'm following the same routine wash with suave clarifying once a week, condition with suave coconut conditioner and coconut oil, followed by my leave in and sealer.
I'll post pics when I do something different with my hair, or how my hair looks before I finally decide to take the braids down. For me, braids is definitely my go to style, I love not having to do anything with my hair for weeks at a time.

Do you feel like your hair is growing a lot i the braids?

tiashaunteƩ wrote:I needed a trim and shape bad! So I cut off about 2-4 inches all over depending on the length of the section.

I am amazed at how much easier it is to detangle my hair. I don't see any SSKs or split ends now so my goal all winter is to protect my ends and retain healthy length. I am anxious to see my results in the Spring.

I'm anxious to see the results also Smile

freckledmom4 wrote:I've still been doing twists/twist-outs on my hair. I'm noticing a lot more ssk than when I did wngs-weird huh? I did a wng go yesterday because I missed my curls. I used KCKT and KCCC for the first time in a month and was really surprised by the results. I really liked my hair and just wore a curly fro. It's funny how taking a break and then reusing a product can give you a new appreciation for it. Today its pulled back into a puff and I hope to have time to henna tomorrow night.

I typically get more tangles when I WnG. How did your henna treatment turn out?

Buttercup76 wrote:Hello in there <> Haven't been up here in months. Because all I have been doing is my weekly washes and 2 strand twist. Lately I have been pinning the front up to protect the ends now that it is long enough... Here is a recent pic... Hope all is well... Happy Growing...

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Thanks for the update!! Smile

swoodward wrote:Back in twists temporarily - I used the psoriasis shampoo but skipped regular shampoo after and instead used a paste of shikakai and water. I rinsed after 5 minutes and mixed 1 tablespoon each of brahmi and amla powders into enough AOHR conditioner to coat my hair and kept a plastic cap on fro a couple hours.

I did trim my ends - I had fairy knots everywhere. I took off about 1/2 to 3/4 inches. I cut damp hair. It was interesting. I did big chunky twists and wore a twist out yesterday, then re-twisted last night. I think these will stay in for a minute.
before ends [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
after ends [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I cut down to ABOUT 5 1/2 inches in most places except for the hair near my nape - that hair grows like crazy and I think it's still 6 +.

When was the last time you trimmed your ends?

Naturalin2010 wrote:Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've posted. But, I've been doing basically the same thing trying to get an established routine down pat. I've been wearing 2 strand twist outs. My twist out is more of unraveling and lifting. It seems if I unravel too much a get a fuzz at the roots. My avitar shows how they look.

Thanks so much for sharing!!

Lynnieluve wrote:I finally washed my hair today (wash day is usually Sundays).

I pre pooed one dry hair using a homemade moisturizing mix I got from YT. I applied the mix and put my hair in about 14 chunky twist then I sat under the dry from about 20 minutes. Then I detangled with my wide tooth comb and denman brush.

I rinsed the mix out and shampooed with twist still in. Then I applied Nexxus Emergencee to each twist and let it sit about 10 minutes, then I rinsed it out. I then took each twist down and applied Shea Moisture Deep Tx Masque and retwist. Sat under the dryer about 30 minutes and rinsed with twist still in.

I applied Kimmaytube leave in and shikakai oil and made the twist smaller.

Here is a length check I did today...

Girl your hair looks great. And I need you to take me through the step by step process of how you created that beautiful puff in your avatar. I LOVE IT!!! I've only created my puffs on wet/damp hair.

rayray19 wrote:great growth lynnie!!

time for my weekly update!! and what a week i had!!

so this week i decided i wanted to add color in my twa..so i went to the store grab a semi permanent pack of spice auburn and applied it that night..well little did i kno, semi permenatne dye isnt as powerful as a permanent dye..so pretty much the color didnt take at all..so i went back to the store (that NIGHT!!) and applied a permant spice auburn right over that semi permanent and my hair must really didnt want to be color becuase the only thing that turn auburn was my roots (they were real subtle though) so I was fed up by then and went back to my precious black rinse the next day!!

I think im going to stick with my black rinses..color just isnt for me..I guess since i've been dying my hair black for sooo long its almost impossible to get color over it

oh yea and surprisingly my hair didn't have any damage from all that coloring..I did a good deep condition and protein treatment and my hair looks and feels the same..YAAAY!!

Have you tried coloring with henna?

Alanija wrote:Glad you said that rayray19 because I was wondering if your hair was damaged after all that coloring.

I was wondering also.

swoodward wrote:Sitting here with a hair masque from Butter&Bars. This has Australian pink clay. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My hair had been trimmed and overall, I didn't cut too much so I feel as though my hair is where it was last month.

Now for the retaining what we grow part. I can't remember what my goal was but it should have been an additional 1 1/2 inches by January I think. My hair grows about average - slower some months and faster others. I don't think the trim will hold me back much. We'll see.

Since I joined the challenge I have settled on the aruvedic powders and oils, have kept detangling down to once a week.

Going to rinse and wear a twist out this week but I haven't fully made up my mind about that. Going to rinse and see how my hair came out.

Is that mask similar to henna?

KeAnia wrote:Hi Ladies

Just doing my weekly check-in. I still have not did a length check but I can tell SugaBabe is growing. This week I haven't done much. I wore my twist out for a couple of days. I am still wearing the twist out/fro this week. What next week is going to bring I don't know.

Do you normally wear your hair in twistouts?

crvng4mr wrote:Hi ladies! It has been a minute. I really haven't been doing to much but co-washes and buns and moisturizing with S-Curl. That is because I have been waiting for the weather to break to straighten and do a length check. Well today was the day! Yay! i washed my hair with Suave Clarifying Shampoo, then I left Sally's Ion Reconstructive Treatment in for 10 minutes. I followed that with Jessicurl Deep Treatment for an hour and a half under my heat wrap. I rinsed that out and detangled with Suave Almond/Shea Butter Conditioner (which I really am feeling). I then tried Kimmaytube's Leave-In for the first time. I thought it was okay but I will try it again because I only had 1 tablespoon of Kinky Curly Knot Today left. Then I put on Sabino Lok and Blok ( first time) and blow dried on high with warm air. I (well my daughter) flat ironed my hair with her trusty FHI with the temp halfway to 410. I want to say it was about 275 to 310. She used a straightening comb/flat iron method. My hair definitely grew but we used too much Sabino I think (and we didn't use that much, I still have half the sample left) so it is extremely straight. Too straight for me but I will change that tomorrow when I throw some rollers up in there. So here are some pics!

Your hair looks nice. Thanks for sharing!!
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next