CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The OFFICIAL 3m GROWTH CHALLENGE Pt 2..Sept 6-Dec 31

+62
MsJay1121
cocoma
Ashespeak22
NYTiffy
rayray19
curlybrwnbaby
dsp0322
4EverNatural
natural813
Ink
ladygogohot
sophisticatedbeauty
ifypi..nya..curls
Naturalin2010
ChrsLvsBks
priceless
iculukin
Fleur
Ms.Mai
tiashaunteƩ
Curlock Holmes
Alanija
curlyscot
CurlsGalore
freckledmom4
KinkyNappyHappy
kurlegurl
Karameldiva1978
crvng4mr
Becca101
Janet36603
luvmyboys02
BeenAuNaturel
Neems
Keisha
agore07
newday
blackricangirl
WhosThatRedHead
CocaColaCutie
krazy coils
MelMelBee
missmoriah
DreamMerchant
swoodward
kayehaircare
Ziggs
KeAnia
Alana
cyclingchick
NhappyJackie
KnottyKinkyMommy
Cherry: extraordinary!
ladybug
Buttercup76
kinksncurls
Karyn
CrissyQ
makeupvixen
ShortNSassie
Lynnieluve
oooop2
66 posters

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down

The OFFICIAL 3m GROWTH CHALLENGE Pt 2..Sept 6-Dec 31 - Page 8 Empty Re: The OFFICIAL 3m GROWTH CHALLENGE Pt 2..Sept 6-Dec 31

Post by Lynnieluve 12th September 2010, 11:49 pm

Today was WASH DAY - Tried some new products

Shampoo - Taliah Waajid Black Earth Shampoo (it was ok...I wont repurchase)
Condition/Detangle - Taliah Waajid Enhancing Herbal Conditioner (it made my hair feel coated after I rinsed it out...I didnt like that...not that great for detangling either)
Deep Conditioned - Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque with heat for 20 mins
Moisturized with Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier, coconut oil and KBN Heavenly Delight Hair and Body butter

I used the Protective Mist Bodifier on my mini twist last week and loved it. I'll see how well it works as a leave in as the week goes on.

Style for the week: Medium Two Strand Twist on wet hair

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Have a great week ladies!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

The OFFICIAL 3m GROWTH CHALLENGE Pt 2..Sept 6-Dec 31 - Page 8 Empty Re: The OFFICIAL 3m GROWTH CHALLENGE Pt 2..Sept 6-Dec 31

Post by Keisha 13th September 2010, 12:58 am

Lynnie your twist are gorgeous... Happy Sunday ladies. Well Friday was my "scheduled" wash day but I postponed it till today. I did a scalp massage with peppermint and navratna oils, DC'd with AOHSR under my hooded dryer for 30 minutes. Shampooed with Organix Peppermint shampoo.

I banded my hair for the first time ever, hopefully it'll come out right, i'll post pictures tomorrow. Products I used on my hair b4 banding was KCKT, a moisturizing spritz and my shea butter/coconut oil mix.
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 13th September 2010, 10:44 am

Weekly update:
Still in my coils on day 10. I'm pretty sure they will last until Friday. Last week I refreshed them with water and my moisturizer spray mix. This week I will be adding a little more veggie glycerin to my spray mix because i did not DC this weekend. That's all for now.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th September 2010, 11:07 am

Thanks Keisha!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BeenAuNaturel 13th September 2010, 12:52 pm

Hello Everyone, I have to just say a few things. First off i am a newbie and this is my first challenge. Never thought abt challenging someone to grow hair but its exciting for me. Very Happy

So i co washed my hair 2 weeks ago and trimmed an inch off (which i was scared to do b/c i never ever trimmed my hair b/c i wanted it long *wrong i know* Shocked
) And i flat twisted them and wore them out for the last few days of that week. Well On sat i decided to Detangle and i guess i had a bit.. quite a bit from keeping it out so long (but i thought if i trimmed i wouldn't have shedding) ((OH i'm 4b)). So i detangled and added some moisturizer cream (from proclaim) with EVV and did a few braids and some twists.

I did not measure as of yet but i can tell you my hair in front Reaches to my top lip. My back can reach below my collar bone and the sides easily touch my collar bone as well. I'll take some more pics of my length and i hope it grows. I stopped blow drying. I thought it was the way to go to get your hair dry (excuse my ignorance) so i am now allowing it to air dry and i have seen a difference in my hair texture over the past month.

Here are a couple pics. Thanks for sharing all your tips and how to take care of my natural hair that i've had for over 12 years! https://i.servimg.com/u/f20/15/60/50/55/2010-013.jpg[/url][url][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url][url][/url]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" alt="" />
BeenAuNaturel
BeenAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 13th September 2010, 1:13 pm

@BeenAuNaturel - Love the flat twist style. Its normal for your hair to shed. You will notice the shed hairs more especially after wearing a protective style since your hair hasn't been combed or manipulated. Just check the ends to see if there is a white bulb attached. If it is that is shed hair.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by iculukin 13th September 2010, 1:39 pm

Hello ladies!!! I have been changing things up just a bit and trying new products... I recently started spritzing with a water and glycerin mix...my hair loves it!! I also have been using a Shea butter evoo and other oil mix (I'm still perfecting the right combo )

I am currently rocking two strand twist to retain length my hair goal is to have the top of my hair reach shoulder length.

Current hair regimen
Wash once a week (HEHH ) Shampoo/ condish
deep Co once a month I'm going to try ors deep con next month
during the week I wear twist and I spritz daily

I try to keep things simple... which I love

Pictures to cone still trying to figure out how to post pictures!! Very Happy
iculukin
iculukin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th September 2010, 3:38 pm

Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlock Holmes 13th September 2010, 4:41 pm

Today I henna-ed my hair using a mix of Jamilla and Reshma Henna (used up last of the Jamilla), coconut milk, and a splash of honey. I left it in for about 3 hours, and co-washed it out using Tresemme Naturals conditioner.

The Reshma henna isn't as fine as a sift (there's minor grit/particles upon rinsing out), but otherwise I don't see the point in buying the Jamilla anymore (for myself) unless I can get it for the same price as the Reshma. The coconut milk mixture was a success! My hair felt much less dry upon rinsing out than when I used lemon juice+ water or tea. I'll definitely do it again. My hair definitely feels stronger, and I'm looking forward to (hopefully) shinier and smoother hair.

As far as co-washing conditioners go, I need to find a good, silicone free, and cheap alternative to the Tresemme Naturals. I don't like it, at all. It makes my hair feel rough, so it's not ideal to use after henna, but since I DC so heavily after henna I use it just so I can get rid of it.

I'm sitting with a heat cap on my head and Jessicurls Weekly Deep Treatment in my hair. So far I like it, it's got fantastic slip and I didn't use as much as I thought I was going to need to (thank goodness, that stuff is $13 + SH!). My hair isn't as soft as I'd like it to be, but I'm going to leave this in for a few more hours at least.

Hopefully I'll post a picture when I'm done with my hair!
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 13th September 2010, 10:40 pm

Cherry: extraordinary! wrote:I super late on posting my stats but here we go!

I have no set products or hair goal but for my regimen, i plan on keeping my hair in cornrows or flat twists during the week and taking them out on Saturday, then re-braid/twisting them on Sunday afternoon. Ill try my best to remember to wear a scarf at night lol!

Keep us updated on products/styles you try and like/don't like.

krazy coils wrote:@ oooop2 - since glycerin is a humectant it helps to draw moisture to your hair in the warmer months but when its cold and there is no moisture in the air the moisture can be sucked up from your hair causing it to become dry. I hope I explained that correctly. Glycerin is okay when its not so high on the ingredient list when its colder outside but its the second ingredient in the care free curl moisturizer and I didn't want to take any chances. I will probably make my own moisturizer minus the glycerin or try to find another one which doesn't contain it. I will list the mositurizer once I switch it up.

I know some use glycerin year round even in colder states, so I was curious.

freckledmom4 wrote:Hey Curlies,
I hennaed last night with Jamila 09 mixed with grean tea and a tbs of honey. I rinsed it out this morning and deep conditoned with AOHSR, evoo and honey. I'm wearing a wng which I did with KCKT & KCCC, but since I dc'ed with twists, I didn't have to use a lot of product. I'll be wearing it like this over the weekend. Hopefully my order will come so I can twist it up on Tuesday.

Really pretty. Looks so soft. Is it?

Karyn wrote:
Karyn wrote:I'm definitely in. I'll post my pics later, but here's my regimen:

--- Shampoo 1x a week with Carol's Daughter Tui Herbal Shampoo.
--- Detangle using my shower comb with my hair DRENCHED in my Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. Sometimes I'll just finger detangle if I'm feeling lazy haha.
--- Do a protein treatment 1x a week using Giovanni Smooth as Silk Xtreme Protein Hair Infusion
--- Follow-up with a moisturizing DC. Still haven't found the perfect product, so I've been mixing a DC that has Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Organix Coconut Milk Instant Repair Treatment, Castor Oil, Profectiv's Mega Growth Growth Oil, Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In (which I also mixed some stuff LOL), Loreal's Vive Pro Hydra Gloss Conditioner, a tiny bit of CD's Tui Smoothie, and shea butter (in oil form).
--- Moisturize after the whole thing using a little bit of HEHH and seal with the growth oil.

About every 3 days or so, I'll moisturize my scalp using castor oil.

Daily, I'll use either the HEHH/Growth Oil combo or (courtesy of Nubie, my Afroveda Totally Twisted Almond Butter) to braid up my hair. I usually spritz my hair with water daily as well. I think I'm gonna start using Aphogees Green Tea and Keratin Mist every few days for added protein. Good idea or no?

I also henna monthly. I just mix it with coconut milk.

I usually wear my hair out (braid out) or in a bun/puff. I find that, like Tia, when I wear my hair in twists, it's SSK city and I can't be bothered. I've been having a bit of a problemo with retaining my length, so if anyone has any suggestions as to what to do, that would be awesome.

My goal for this challenge is to finally make it past APL Mad my hair has gotten so much thicker since I started my HHJ in December....but it's stayed at the same length pretty much. And now I'm getting pissed lol. It's SO discouraging. I pay so much attention to my hair with nothing to show.

Ok. So I'll post pics later haha.

I know I'm late, but here's my pic =P I took it on Tuesday, but I'm just now getting around to posting it

AND.....here comes the BIG: WTF ARE YOU DOING WRONG?! moment, a pic from April....

notice anything eerily similar?!
Neutral no. i am not amused.

like i said, ANY tips would be appreciated.

LOL...I think a lot of us can ask the same question. Sometimes it's something as simple as not changing up your regime as your hair grows/changes. Or just getting lazy and not continuing to do the things that worked in the past.

makeupvixen wrote:Ok, I think I finally got my camera to act right using a timer, lol. Here are my hair shots that I am starting with.

Front view

Stretched back view (at 3 1/2 mark)

Here is my up to date new regimen:

In rotation wash with JBCO shampoo, Deva Curl No Poo, Shampoo Bars with Marshmallow Root or ACV.

Rotate conditioners with Deluxe Rosemary, Organix mixed together with JBCO or Oyin Honey Hemp.

Deep condition with KBB Luscious Locs or Shecentit Banana Bruless.

Add the Bee Mine Serum to my scalp.

Moisturize in rotation with QB Amla and Olive Heavy Cream, Oyin Whipped Pudding, Miss Jessie Butter Cream, Hair Veda Noi Mohi Cream.

Seal with Hair Veda Vatika Frosting, Bee Mine No Sulfur Serum or KBB Heavenly Jojoba oil.

How do you like Oyin?? My hair didn't like it.
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 13th September 2010, 10:53 pm

missmoriah wrote:Hey yall i know yall wanna see some comparison pics Smile the first one is about a month after my bc and the rest are from a style that i did last night and im rockin it to work today Smile

Cute style!!!

Karyn wrote:I've been wearing my hair in a bun for these past few days cause I started to workout (AT THE GYM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and it's just easier to wear my hair in a bun =P i've been moisturizing daily with conditioner (HEHH) and sealing with EVOO. My hair is actually VERY soft and I didn't even think my hair liked EVOO :S

Does your hair feel greasy after working out?

sophisticatedbeauty wrote:Hello Ladies! I want to be apart of the challenge! I recently BC'd Aug 30 and am still searching for a regimen but I would love to join and this will be my first challenge!

I'll add you.

DreamMerchant wrote:@oooop2- I add the Amal to the Nyle to add extra shine and so that my hair can get a good dose of the Amla. I let the shampoo sit on my hair for about 15 minutes. The hair sack is like a doo rag but it has a pouch in the back and your hair can just fall in the sack and stay protected. I like it because I can put it on and my twists dangle in the sack and they are not all smashed and crinkled. I got it at Sally's.

I've had those powders sitting in my cabinet for months now. I need to try that.

crvng4mr wrote:My update:

I am at a crossroads. Am I dc'ing too much at twice a week? Then I am thinking I need to ps all week for retention even though I don't think I am losing any hair except sheds. And now I'm scared to straighten to check length because I might be disappointed. I am a mess.

I haven't dc all week and my hair has been co-washed at least 3 times and put up in some sort of bun. I will dc today with Jessicurl WDT and then leave in cond, Oyin Whipped Pudding and seal with EVOO. Then back up in a bun. Am I doing this right?

I don't see any issues w/ your regime.

ShortNSassie wrote:Ok so this weekend I pre-poo with cheap condish and evoo, shampooed with Giovanni Tea Tree shampoo and condish with Giovanni 50/50. I did my first henna treatment this weekend:

and it came out better than I thought it would. Now my hair is in mini twists for the week. I used Alikay Naturals lemongrass leavin condish, coconut oil and Alikay naturals shea yogurt with a little bit of ORS gel to acheive this look:

See you ladies next week. Wink

Looks good!!

KnottyKinkyMommy wrote:@oooop2 Sorry I'm late with this comment but I wear a wig daily. I'm usually in twists underneath but I think I may start cornrowing my hair.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just bought 3 wigs from hairsisters: Opal, Puffy and Valencia Girl. Until they arrive, I will be wearing Oakland Girl by Freetress.

Opal http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/ViewDetail.php?product_id=12397
Puffy http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/ViewDetail.php?product_id=10232
Valencia Girl http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/ViewDetail.php?product_id=5364

Will you continue wearing the wig if hair is in cornrows?

Naturalin2010 wrote:Hi all. I hope I got added. But, here goes.
Products in Rotation:

Shampoo & Conditioner
Giovanni Smooth As Silk Deep Moisture Shampoo
Giovanni Deeper Moisture Conditioner
Carol's Daughter Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
Carol's Daughter Rosemary Mint Purifying Conditioner

Deep Conditioner
ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner
Aloe Vera Juice

Co-Washing
V05 Strawberries & Creme Moisturizing Conditioner
HE Hello Hydration
Suave Tropical Coconut
Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner

Leave in conditioners
Hawaiin Silky 14-n-1 Conditioner
Shea Butter Leave in Conditioning Repair Cream
Giovanni Direct Leave In conditioner
Bed Head Moisture Maniac
Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave In Spray
Kinky Curly Knot Today

Styling
Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel
Vegetable Glycerin
Shea Moisture Curling Smoothie
Herbel Essence Set Me Up Gel
Eco Styler Gel w/Olive Oil
Butter-nBars Organic Aloe Vera Spritzer

Sealing
100% unrefined raw shea butter
Jojoba Oil
EVOO
EVCO
Castor Oil
Sweet Almond Oil

Current Regimine:

Wash & Shampoo 1x week. Deep Condition immediately after. (ORS Replenishing Conditioner+EVOO+Aloe Vera Juice+EVCO+Jojoba Oil)

Co-wash 2x week

Styles worn: (I need to get more creative here, cooler weather coming)
Wash n Go, 2 Strand Twist Out

My goal is to grow a healthy head of hair. Here are pics of 1st day of BC and today's pics of current length.

GL on your journey

krazy coils wrote:This weekend I pre-pooed with Olive Oil and used a shampoo bar by Bee Mine. I didn't deep condition this week but I will the next time I shampoo. I had some Curl Junkie Hibiscus and Banana Leave-in which I've used for twists that I wanted to finish up. Its okay but I won't be repurchasing because there are other stylers I prefer to use. I am back in twists for the week after wearing my hair out for the weekend.

I twist them kind of chunky because I don't have the patience to do them small Smile Also I bought some Amla and Brahmi powder because I plan to start doing my hair pastes again.

I swear every time I see your hair, I think I'm looking at mine.

CrissyQ wrote:Update: One week in. On friday i washed with vos clarifying shampoo (it was time), i deep conditioned woth aubrey organics white camellia for an hour. Oiled my really well with EVOO paing attention to my ends, add some tresseme flawless curls and twisted for the night. Undid twist in the morning and ran my head under the shower, sealed with coconut oil. This was on my best hair days yet

Thanks for the update.
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 14th September 2010, 2:35 am

@oooop2 Yes, I intend to wear the cornrows underneath the wig. Hopefully, they will last longer than the twists (which only last a week).
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 14th September 2010, 11:03 am

Here's my update:

Yesterday I cowashed with YTCucumbers and conditioned with Giovanni SAS. I think I'll be sticking to TJTTT for cowashing because I had to use A LOT of the YTC. I used the Kimmaytube leave in because I still had some in the fridge that I'm trying to get rid of (although my hair likes it-I don't like the smell. I may add peppermint oil in the furture). Then I twisted my whole head with Fluertzy's Curls Nuture Cream and Hair Butter ( I usually use the cream on my daughter's hair,but my Oyin didn't come in yet). I had to add a little ecostyler because some of the ends kept unraveling. I'll keep these in until Thursday and wear a Twist out for Thurs, Fri and Sat. I'll redo on Saturday evening. Although these look okay, I feel like I need a twist tutorial. What do you all use to wet or dry twist? I have a lot of loose waves and frizz on the top of my head that doesn't twist as easily, how do you deal with that? TIA for your suggestions.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th September 2010, 11:06 am

My hair is holding up well but I am thinking about turning my medium size twist into mini twist.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 14th September 2010, 11:25 am

So I was all set to put up my first official post for this challenge (all late, but better than never right) and I leave my usb cord at home....booooo!

I'll have to add pics to this later, but I measured and my hair in the front is 9 inches, on the sides is 8 inches, in the middle is 9 inches and my nape is 6 inches? what happened back there? IDK.

Anyway as for regimen, I plan to wash/condition/DC between 1-3 weeks. Every week when my hair's loose, two weeks for small twists, and 3 weeks with a cowash in between if they are micro twists.

Right now I have mini twists--that I put in last week. I'm planning for twist out for birthday weekend festivities. I hope it turns out nice!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Karameldiva1978 15th September 2010, 12:38 am

missmoriah wrote:Hey yall i know yall wanna see some comparison pics Smile the first one is about a month after my bc and the rest are from a style that i did last night and im rockin it to work today Smile

Miss Moriah, beautiful!! How many months post BC is this? Great inspiration indeed!

KnottyKinkyMommy wrote:@oooop2 Sorry I'm late with this comment but I wear a wig daily. I'm usually in twists underneath but I think I may start cornrowing my hair.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just bought 3 wigs from hairsisters: Opal, Puffy and Valencia Girl. Until they arrive, I will be wearing Oakland Girl by Freetress.

I love each of these wigs!! I will probably get the pixie styled human hair. The only reason, I am passing on the others right is because I want to get a really nice lace front to take me through winter. You have great growth for 4 months!! My 4 month nappiversary is today and my hair is going into its third week in cornrows under my wigs, so I'll take some updated pics on this weekend. HHG!

My update:
Yesterday was my shampoo day and I pooed with CON (green label), jojoba oil and amla powder all diluted in a water bottle since I'm in cornrows. Surprisingly, my cornrows stayed in tact! So, I'll get them re-done perhaps this weekend so that I may take some pics and but still keep my wigging going on. Today I only use some BRX spray this morning, but I'm now moisturizing with my glycerin, rosewater, aloe vera spritz for tying down and moisturizing overnight.

Here we grow!!
Karameldiva1978
Karameldiva1978

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th September 2010, 7:35 am

My weekly update:

I am trying to find the right combination for moisture. I did a pre-poo with HairVeda's Vikata Frosting for about 1 hr. I followed that with a shampoo using my Bee Mine shampoo bar. Then I did a deep conditioner using EVOO, honey and AOHSR conditioner. I feel asleep under my heat cap, so I ended up doing a 5hr dc. However, I must have used too much honey or something..not sure, but I really did like the feel of my hair. So, I pull out my Darcy's dc and let that sit for about 20 minutes. Can I say soft, soft, soft hair! I used Giovanna's Direct Leave-in and Qhemet's Moringa Softening Serum (I've had this a while and just decided to try it, I'm really liking the results) and styled with Afroveda's Curl Define.

Here are the result....

Flat twists in the front and twists in the back, with a half wig combo. This will be one of my protective styles for the winter. Currently I'm still twisted, but I did re-twist last night using Oyin's pomade. OMGoodness.....I just love THAT stuff!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by kurlegurl 15th September 2010, 10:14 am

Hi Curlies,

This is my weekly update....so I left the twists in until Sunday when I took them out and I have been rocking a twistout ever since! Today is def wash day and I will DC with a mix that I have been dying to try. I will let you guys know how it comes out, as well as post a pic of my twist out later on this afternoon!
kurlegurl
kurlegurl

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 15th September 2010, 12:10 pm

@karamelDiva: hey chica it is almost 11months post bc from an almost completely bald fade cut! I'd say my first year went well Smile Glad to be inspiring!

Hey ladies! My weekly update is......I purchased two new products from target, Well new to me anyways. I bought two products from the sheamoisture line and I must say i love them. They are super moisturizing for my hair i got the hibiscus and coconut curl enhancing smoothie and the moisturizing spritz. I have been using the spritz to wake my hair up in the mornings and it keeps my hair friggin moisturized. I did a puff last night so thats what i am rockin right now. The puff came from a wash n go that i wore monday and tuesday. ummmmm i thinks thats all for now! catch ya later!

missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Mai 15th September 2010, 3:13 pm

Weekly Update: Hmm nothing really different. I have decided that my staple hairstyle is this.
Either with the sides pinned, cornrows, or flat twist. I will continue to do this until it gets colder.

KnottyKinkyMommy wrote:I just bought 3 wigs from hairsisters: Opal, Puffy and Valencia Girl. Until they arrive, I will be wearing Oakland Girl by Freetress.

Therefore I have been on the look for wigs, half wigs, etc and I loved the second one!
Ms.Mai
Ms.Mai

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 15th September 2010, 7:02 pm

Happy Wednesday ladies... Well I decided to bring back my EZ comb. I used it for 4 months straight during my 1st bun challenge on another hair board, but got EXTREMELY bored with it so I put it to the side in exchange for the spin pins. I used those for 2 months, but got bored with those as well. During the months that I used the EZ comb, I was able to retain most of my length, as my hair was secured off my shoulders and my ends tucked away. So now the EZ comb is back in rotation and I plan to use it for the remainder of this challenge OR until I get bored again Suspect ... Anyway, yesterday I did a cowash with HE breaks over condish. I used KCKT leave in, moisturized with KBB sweet ambrosia in pomegranate guava scent (this stuff is amazing) and sealed with my shea butter/coconut oil mix.

EZ comb pic
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 16th September 2010, 1:15 am

Tomorrow is going to be my braid take down and deep condition day after two weeks in braids. I've been swimming twice a week for exercise, and because I love the water, but my braids are super fuzzy and my hair now needs some TLC. I must say that I LOVE my natural hair! When I had a relaxer wouldn't go near the water, but now I can't be kept out of it. I will post pictures of my take down and new style for the week when its completed.
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by ladygogohot 16th September 2010, 4:06 pm

Add Me, just recently braided (Sept 12 and i am trying to stay fro two months)

Will post more info soon
ladygogohot
ladygogohot

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanija 16th September 2010, 4:30 pm

Okay, I've been trying for a while to post a pic but I can't do it. So anyway, today is the 6 month since my bc. I have washed my hair with Giovanni 4T, detangled with a Vo5 condish and used Giovanni DLI as my leave in. I will be putting tst in, but am not sure what products I'll be using to do them.

Editing because I used Shea Moisture's Moisture Masque underneath TW's Lock it Up to tst my hair.

Last edited by Alanija on 16th September 2010, 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by ifypi..nya..curls 16th September 2010, 8:42 pm

Hello all, i am a little late in this but here goes, this is going to be the first time ever to try a regime. so one of my goals is it to be able to stick it out in this challenge and not give up or become lazy. with that said here is what i am going to do: i want to maintain my original lengths and increase the thickness of my hair<--------- this is my goal.
How am i going to do this
1. Products and Hair stuff
* Giovanni shampoo tea tree<------ shampoo weekly
* aussie<---------leave in conditional ( after it is done will use only water and shea)
* (going to experiment)<------- deep conditional
* herbal essence or hello hydration<----------- conditional
* suave coconut conditional<----------- detangling conditional
* coconut oil or shea butter <---------- sealant

2. Regime
* moisturize with leave in and seal with shea butter<----- daily
* pre-poo, wash, leave in, and style(braids or twists)<------ weekly
*pre-poo, wash, deep condition, leave in, and style<------ monthly

3.Styling
* two strand twist
* braid

Others
*sleep with a satin cap
*will detangle in sections with conditional (as pre poo)
*oil scalp daily because it is getting colder
* trim end only when there are knots or damage

i will post pics soon of length yea kinda of excited

woot!

ifypi..nya..curls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next