CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will you get the same results by itself?

+6
Umph
LadyMika
latoya1908
fanmnatirel
blondie
Naturalin2010
10 posters

Go down

Will you get the same results by itself? Empty Will you get the same results by itself?

Post by Naturalin2010 29th August 2010, 9:22 pm

I'm about to order the Kinky Curly Curling Custard because I want to try it. All the reviews say you should use it under the Kinky Curly Knot Today. Has anyone had the same results or close without using the KCKT? I'm already going to pay enough with the shipping just for the custard. Can't find in any Targets in my area. So I was going to order just the custard first.
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Will you get the same results by itself? Empty Re: Will you get the same results by itself?

Post by blondie 29th August 2010, 9:27 pm

It will be at the Chesapeake Target this week. I use it both ways.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Will you get the same results by itself? Empty Re: Will you get the same results by itself?

Post by Naturalin2010 29th August 2010, 9:31 pm

blondie wrote:It will be at the Chesapeake Target this week. I use it both ways.

Really? The one at Greenbrier? I've been looking there every week. Well, I think I'll hold off on ordering online then. I'll probably go and get both! Thanks!
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 1st September 2010, 11:17 am

Have u checked at wholefoods ? Not sure if u have that in your area
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by latoya1908 1st September 2010, 11:34 am

This is a really good question and I've been wondering the same thing. Does anyone use other leave-ins other than the Knot Today with the Curling Custard?
latoya1908
latoya1908

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 1st September 2010, 12:13 pm

I wrote a review about the KCCC a while back on my blog: http://metalkink.blogspot.com/search/label/reviews

Feel free to check it out (it's the second post down).
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by latoya1908 1st September 2010, 1:23 pm

Great blog Mika! I just added you to my favorites! I can't wait to read more...
latoya1908
latoya1908

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 1st September 2010, 1:29 pm

fanmnatirel wrote:Have u checked at wholefoods ? Not sure if u have that in your area

No, unfortunately, they don't have one in this area. I've checked my local Target and they keep telling me it'll be this week, but don't know when. It's whenever the truck arrives.
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 1st September 2010, 1:31 pm

LadyMika wrote:I wrote a review about the KCCC a while back on my blog: http://metalkink.blogspot.com/search/label/reviews

This helps. Thank you so much! . I'm following your blog and have also added as a favorite Smile
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 1st September 2010, 3:49 pm

Mika, nice blog.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 1st September 2010, 4:12 pm

latoya1908 wrote:Great blog Mika! I just added you to my favorites! I can't wait to read more...

Naturalin2010 wrote:
LadyMika wrote:I wrote a review about the KCCC a while back on my blog: http://metalkink.blogspot.com/search/label/reviews

This helps. Thank you so much! . I'm following your blog and have also added as a favorite Smile

Umph wrote:Mika, nice blog.

Thank you all! Smile I haven't updated there in a good while, but help yourself to whatever's there! (It sounds like I invited you over to my house for dinner! Either way, enjoy. Laughing)
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 1st September 2010, 10:50 pm

@ Naturalin, let me know if it comes in over there. The Target's on the peninsula don't have it yet, but the website says they are supposed to. I was going to order it too from curlmart.com since they have a shipping special.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 2nd September 2010, 12:21 am

I have never used the the custard but i have use the knot today. I love the knot today. One of my friends has the custard only and she hates it. says her hair looks like a jericurl.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by besona 2nd September 2010, 1:30 am

i hope im not too late..dnt waste your money honey..its wack.
besona
besona

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 2nd September 2010, 2:49 am

I bought KCCC for my daughter earlier this year for experimental purposes and it made her hair sooooo hard, and her curls were matted and flaky. I went back to just using silk activator spray and water, and her hair stays curly and shiny all week. I recently started using KCCC again for me and it didn't mesh well with the Knot Today--but it does for some folks. I don't use much conditioner with it when I apply it. I lightly rinse out my Organic Root Stimulator conditioner and begin sectioning and applying EVOO in it. I gently massage the oil in my scalp using my fingers. Then I section my hair and use very little KCCC and massage my hair from root to tips until the products blend. My hair is completely soft and defined. Even when I wake up, it's still incredibly soft and moisturized. I think you can use whatever conditioner with the product you want as long as the products mesh with your hair. As a newbie, I just experiment and see what sticks in a healthy and manageable way! The less products, the better for me! Good luck!
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 4th September 2010, 9:40 pm

I tried it and really liked it. I used it with the Knot Today. The KT leaves a little to be desired because I get much better conditioning and slip from Giovanni Direct, but the KCCC defined my curls like no other. I didn't use a lot. I just put a little on my fingertips and smoothed it through small sections of my hair and my curls started clumping. I think the thing is that it is just the right consistency to help the hairs stick together and eliminate without being weighed down. The application time/process was much less than with ecostyler. Eco is a good gel, but too heavy for the wavy parts of my hair so I usually have to work it in and fingerstyle certain parts of my hair. My hair has lasted 2 days so far. If I can get it to 3-4 days, I may make it a staple because it is just too expensive to keep washing out every day. If you can get over the price, I say try it.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down