CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to maintain curl pattern when detangling

4 posters

Go down

how to maintain curl pattern when detangling Empty how to maintain curl pattern when detangling

Post by aylexgetxit 26th August 2010, 2:36 pm

I've had my TWA for about three weeks, and I pretty much do a wash-n-go every other day. I use Kinky Curly products, and I know I have 4A/B hair, but I get more of a kinky fro than a curly fro.

Yesterday I wore these two-strand twists I did myself and took them out today but didn't like how they looked. So, I just went with a wash-n-go, but as I was under the water I realized that the curls from my twists remained, so I decided not to detangle with my comb, and instead I just rubbed the Kinky Curly Knot Today in my hair and didn't rinse out.

Now that my hair is dry and the curls are still here, I know it's because of the twists, the KCKT, and my decision not to detangle. But I was wondering if there's a way I can maintain my curls with KCKT, without twists, and with detangling.

By the way, the majority of my curls are actually coils and not just waves from the twists.
aylexgetxit
aylexgetxit

Back to top Go down

how to maintain curl pattern when detangling Empty Re: how to maintain curl pattern when detangling

Post by Takeya 26th August 2010, 5:04 pm

Do you scrunch product in your hair after detangling?

My sister is a 4b/c and told me that if she rakes product in her hair, she ends up with no curl at all. I watched her scrunch in product and her hair dried with nice curls.

Another option is finger coils...

Good luck!
Takeya
Takeya

http://www.justtakeya.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

how to maintain curl pattern when detangling Empty Re: how to maintain curl pattern when detangling

Post by Janet36603 26th August 2010, 5:48 pm

I have little coils too and I find that if I do a wash and go and finger comb the leave in conditioner through SOAKING WET hair and then bend over and shake my hair for a little while, the coils clump back together.

When I say finger comb the product through, imagine making "5" with your fingers (each spread apart) on both hands. Then I rake through my hair like that, being sure to wiggle my fingers through any snags/clumps I feel. Hope that helps!
Janet36603
Janet36603

Location : Montgomery, AL (and Birmingham, AL on the weekends)

http://jlhorace.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by aylexgetxit 26th August 2010, 7:21 pm

Mmk. I'm gonna try this the next time I do a wash-n-go. Hopefully the finger combing and wash-shake-go routine will help.

I might try the scrunch too, but I just don't wanna make my hair frizzy by all the manipulation.

If finger combing is the trick, what do you plan on doing when you have longer than a TWA?

Thanks for the help!
aylexgetxit
aylexgetxit

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKayDee 27th August 2010, 12:00 am

Hi,

For me after I finish washing and conditioning my hair (or even cowashing) I run cool to cold water (as much as I can stand) over my head and my hair curls up dramatically into tight curls. Since I do wash and go's only now I mostly finger comb my hair and probably comb it out once a week right before I deep condition because if I comb it out it will look like a blow out afro. After the cold water rinse I apply KCCC by fingering through my hair and it works great. My hair looks like it is shorter than yours though so I attached a pic:

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down