CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curl Pattern

5 posters

Go down

Curl Pattern Empty Curl Pattern

Post by SweetNaturale 10th February 2010, 6:15 am

How long did it take for you to figure out your curl pattern? I figured if I know it I can learn from other curly's with my hair type. How many inches of new growth do you need?

SweetNaturale

Back to top Go down

Curl Pattern Empty Re: Curl Pattern

Post by tressedforsuccess 10th February 2010, 7:14 am

Are you transitioning or have you already BC'd? I'm transitioning and my hair didn't even start to show a curl pattern until I was 5-6 months in. One day I looked and I had all these tiny coils. And as it gets longer, it shows more. But, it could change again once I BC.
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Cheeziness 10th February 2010, 11:49 pm

Great question for us noobs! I'm 12 weeks in and wondering the same.

Your Cheeziness

http://www.hair2toebeauty.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetNaturale 10th February 2010, 11:55 pm

I'm still transitioning. Just curious.

SweetNaturale

Back to top Go down

Post by lexibugg004 12th February 2010, 9:30 pm

well, i have always known my natural texture. but in regards to you finding a similar curly to help you along with your hair, more important than curl size and pattern is whether or not your hair is fine or coarse, silky or cashmere like, fluffy, light, and wispy, or stringy,heavy, and volume-less!!!!! two people can have the same curl size and pattern, but their hair can differ in the ways mentioned above.
lexibugg004
lexibugg004

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Cheeziness 19th February 2010, 1:57 pm

lexibugg004 wrote:well, i have always known my natural texture. but in regards to you finding a similar curly to help you along with your hair, more important than curl size and pattern is whether or not your hair is fine or coarse, silky or cashmere like, fluffy, light, and wispy, or stringy,heavy, and volume-less!!!!! two people can have the same curl size and pattern, but their hair can differ in the ways mentioned above.

Great point! I think this gets overlooked especially when trying to hair type and figure out what your new growth will be like. I've seen some fine, silky hair with very tight coils be called 3b, when the coarse counterpart was called 4a. It all confuses me. My hair just is what it is. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Your Cheeziness

http://www.hair2toebeauty.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 19th February 2010, 3:04 pm

I started to notice the coils I think in my 6th or 7th month, but I only get a good idea of my texture when I cut small pieces. I cut a piece by my ear yesterday and then I stretched it. I can see I'm going to be plagued by shrinkage, but I knew that was gonna happen anyway from my perm days. LOL I think my texture is going to be pretty much the same all over, but maybe a little tighter (or maybe it's just thicker) in the middle of the back of my head. Right now I'm pretty much convinced I'll be a 3c/4a.
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down