CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the best part about being natural?

+22
Dricka
StacyWash
truet
Succinctlyso
Mini
hayylee
loveself247
cutephantasm
CurlsGalore
oooop2
SheeTacular
gammainme
lena73
dajewel
AfrikanLatina
splitsun
JoyCurl
sweetdrk1
NylaCoils
krenea
tiashaunteé
veggiegirl314
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What's the best part about being natural? Empty What's the best part about being natural?

Post by veggiegirl314 25th October 2009, 8:53 pm

I'm curious to hear your responses! Here's mine:

- I don't have to run from the rain! I don't even bother bringing an umbrella with me if it's just drizzling or lightly raining.

- I get to learn something new about my hair everyday. I LOVE my hair like I've never loved it before!

- I don't have to spend hours in a salon getting my hair done.

- My hair is versatile! I can do so much more with my natural hair than my relaxed hair.

- I think natural hair suits me more. I actually get complements on my hair! When I was relaxed, I didn't get ANY.

- I can go to the gym as much as I want, get as sweaty as I want, and not have to worry about 'sweatin out my relaxer'!

I could go on and on and on...
veggiegirl314
veggiegirl314

http://www.twitter.com/veggiegirl314

Back to top Go down

What's the best part about being natural? Empty Re: What's the best part about being natural?

Post by tiashaunteé 25th October 2009, 11:30 pm

Versatility! I can do what the permies do and more, LOL.

The rain is now my friend.

If I run out of a product, I can go to the kitchen and make it Smile

My hair makes me unique, I'm no longer a cookie cutter girl!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

What's the best part about being natural? Empty Re: What's the best part about being natural?

Post by krenea 26th October 2009, 12:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Delicious-smelling hair
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Curly hair is so beautiful
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Having a "green body" inside & out
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Hair accessories = bling for hair
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Rain & humidity are my new friends
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Bad hair days can be fixed with a puff or bun
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Natural hair is like art; you can stare at it all day!
krenea
krenea

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 26th October 2009, 11:32 am

I agree with everyone else! Plus - naturals stand out more. We don't look like everyone else! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th October 2009, 12:16 pm

Yes Nyla..the uniqueness on top of all the rest!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by JoyCurl 27th October 2009, 11:39 am

I welcome the rain and humidity.
No more dandruff.
My face no longer breaks out from styling products.
My hair has never felt better!
JoyCurl
JoyCurl

http://public.fotki.com/joycurl/

Back to top Go down

Post by splitsun 31st October 2009, 8:47 am

NylaCoils wrote:I agree with everyone else! Plus - naturals stand out more. We don't look like everyone else! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Agreed.

Altho I had made the decision to transition a few months before I made it official, I saw a lady on the train with an afro that was uncombed and held in a style...

and I loved it! I thought she looked very stylish and she really stood out for me. I decided then that my decision was no longer an option but a matter of time.
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 31st October 2009, 11:12 am

* Getting double takes from strangers
* Not looking like everyone else in a family photo
* Embracing humidity...She is my friend
* My hunny loves it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
* Not having my hair dictate what activities I can and cannot do
* Being able to teach my son and any future sons or daughters that I may be blessed with, the beauty in being the natural being you were intended to be.
* Its FABULOUS!
* The sisterhood formed amongst naturals is amazing! I wish I knew more around my area. ( Can't wait to make the move to Atlanta)
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 31st October 2009, 11:19 am

i would like to add that we are so much more fierce with our natural hair!!!!! what!!! lol!! God knew what he was doing when he was blessing us with this hair!!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 31st October 2009, 11:32 am

dajewel wrote:i would like to add that we are so much more fierce with our natural hair!!!!! what!!! lol!! God knew what he was doing when he was blessing us with this hair!!!

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 31st October 2009, 11:51 am

tiashauntee wrote:
dajewel wrote:i would like to add that we are so much more fierce with our natural hair!!!!! what!!! lol!! God knew what he was doing when he was blessing us with this hair!!!

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on the real, girl!!!!!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 31st October 2009, 7:34 pm

I love my natural for all the reasons the ladies said above...the list just goes on! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by gammainme 31st October 2009, 9:13 pm

i agree w/ EVERYTHING- primarily the versatility- match it up to how im feeling that day or my outfit:)
gammainme
gammainme

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 31st October 2009, 10:02 pm

I agree with it all.

I want to add having a man's strong hand delve into your fro and he moans!!!! Yep [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] That's without anything naughty happening. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 31st October 2009, 11:14 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:I agree with it all.

I want to add having a man's strong hand delve into your fro and he moans!!!! Yep [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] That's without anything naughty happening. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tell it!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 1st November 2009, 12:35 am

For me it has been absolutely freedom.....
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by krenea 1st November 2009, 12:53 am

oooop2...Your hair is ridiculously beautiful!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
krenea
krenea

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 1st November 2009, 11:52 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV3nq57wabI

this is the same lady whose tutorial is featured in the November style challenge!!! love it!!!! do you you all like this when you get ready cuz i do!!!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 1st November 2009, 1:57 pm

krenea wrote:oooop2...Your hair is ridiculously beautiful!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thank you for the kind words. It's been a labor of love Very Happy
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 1st November 2009, 2:28 pm

I [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] being natural:

• No more weather worries! Rain, humidity, and sunshine all work together!
  • Versatility. Being able to do just about anything with my hair and it will be fierce no matter what.
  • Swimming is fun again! I can get my hair wet and not have to panic.
  • I stand out in the crowd! I have a unique look and I love it!
  • I've become an accessory junkie!!!
  • It just soooo EASY! Just can't beat the maintenance and how economical ($$$) it is to be natural.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 1st November 2009, 9:26 pm

being able to get my hair wet!! =)
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 4th November 2009, 9:52 pm

being a positive role model for the youth, especially the little girls and boys. how can we tell them to love their natural selves when we slaved to saute our hair in the creamy crack.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 4th November 2009, 10:00 pm

@dajewel girl you know you are preaching and all I can do is sit here and testify. Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What were we thinking to have deprived ourselves of our beautiful hair? All these years I have shielded my true beauty from the world, but boy oh boy am I on the road to making up for it.
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by hayylee 5th November 2009, 3:44 am

Being unique!!
hayylee
hayylee

Back to top Go down

Post by Mini 5th November 2009, 5:38 pm

Having lively hair that moves when I move or when the wind blows.
My straightened hair was nearly petrified into place and I hated it.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next