CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JUST BC'ED TODAY!...WHATS THE FUZZ?

+8
CrissyQ
cyclingchick
aylexgetxit
mverde3
rayray19
Lynnieluve
Naturally Zee
Miki
12 posters

Go down

JUST BC'ED TODAY!...WHATS THE FUZZ? Empty JUST BC'ED TODAY!...WHATS THE FUZZ?

Post by Miki 20th August 2010, 11:19 pm

I just BC'ed today! After almost 11 months of transition..

It wasn't really planned but I've just been sooo frustrated with my relaxed hair lately-I kept cutting at it and mini chopping in areas so I decided that today I would stop being a punk about it and finally commit.

and I love it! i i got a little teary eyed during the process as India Arie's "Private Party" played in the background but I couldn't be happier with the result Smile

Here's the thing though...I'm snipping away and by the look of it I've done away with most of those pesky spikey ends and then I dc'ed but when i rub my hands over my new coils i feel this layer of fuzz on top of my them..and then go to snip those away and i keep seeing curly peices fall in my hands..

is this normal ladies? do i just need to walk away from the scissors? confused
Miki
Miki

Back to top Go down

JUST BC'ED TODAY!...WHATS THE FUZZ? Empty Re: JUST BC'ED TODAY!...WHATS THE FUZZ?

Post by Naturally Zee 20th August 2010, 11:31 pm

stop! lol have a friend or someone you trust to inspect and snip where needed.
Naturally Zee
Naturally Zee

Back to top Go down

JUST BC'ED TODAY!...WHATS THE FUZZ? Empty Re: JUST BC'ED TODAY!...WHATS THE FUZZ?

Post by Lynnieluve 20th August 2010, 11:57 pm

If it isnt spikey ends, stop cutting. I did the same thing when I first BC'd. I kept clipping my hair, then later realized that my texture in the top is looser.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th August 2010, 11:57 pm

Almost forgot....CONGRATULATIONS!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 21st August 2010, 12:02 am

congrats!!! I had India arie going on too when I BC..and yea if the ends aren't spiky leave them alone
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Miki 21st August 2010, 12:04 am

Thanks so much Lynnie and RayRay! Both of you ladies have such beautiful hair!! Smile

Did you all ever go to get your hair professionally cut after your BC? if so, how long did u wait?
Miki
Miki

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st August 2010, 12:17 am

I havent step foot in a salon since I was transitioning. All of the trims (only 2 since I BC'd a year ago) I've had were done by me.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by mverde3 21st August 2010, 12:43 am

Congratulations !!! Smile
mverde3
mverde3

Back to top Go down

Post by aylexgetxit 21st August 2010, 12:47 am

Lynnieluve wrote:I havent step foot in a salon since I was transitioning. All of the trims (only 2 since I BC'd a year ago) I've had were done by me.

Hi Lynnie,

I BC'd last Friday. How should I determine how often I should trim my hair? Or would just dusting the random stray hairs be okay just to clean it up?
aylexgetxit
aylexgetxit

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st August 2010, 12:53 am

aylexgetxit wrote:
Hi Lynnie,

I BC'd last Friday. How should I determine how often I should trim my hair? Or would just dusting the random stray hairs be okay just to clean it up?

Congratulations!!!

I trim my ends when it needs it (split ends and single strand/fairy knots). My first trim was 7 months after my BC. Then 4 months after that. If you 'baby' your ends, you shouldnt have to trim that often.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 21st August 2010, 10:01 am

Congrats! Lots of BCs this week...must be the heat. Very Happy
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 21st August 2010, 11:05 am

cyclingchick wrote:Congrats! Lots of BCs this week...must be the heat. Very Happy

CC, your BC lloks nice. Did you start a curl street journal?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 21st August 2010, 11:26 am

CrissyQ wrote: CC, your BC lloks nice. Did you start a curl street journal?

Thank you! I think I'll start a CSJ this weekend Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by kbelle 21st August 2010, 12:13 pm

Congratulations! yes, I agree with the posters above. Your hair may be different textures throughout your head so fuzz may be kinda normal. Keep babying your hair and get to know it and you will know how to either blend it or what to expect.
kbelle
kbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 21st August 2010, 12:33 pm

I had mine professionally done to make sure only what needed to be cut was cut, and that it was even.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 21st August 2010, 2:57 pm

congrats!
i went to barber shop to make sure all of the relaxed ends were off. cheers
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miki 22nd August 2010, 10:09 pm

thanks so much ladies! I think I was snipping off what i thought was maybe scab hair? but i DC'd over night and its getting much much better..i may go to a stylist this week to even it out just so I can have a fresh start..I'm scared to let anyone touch it but im even more scared for it to get to a nice length and then have to cut a lot off...

Thanks again ladies!
Miki
Miki

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 22nd August 2010, 10:57 pm

I am a little late but congratulations on your BC!
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down