CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Hair Is Doing Something Very Interesting and WEIRD

+2
Lynnieluve
Onesexytan
6 posters

Go down

My Hair Is Doing Something Very Interesting and WEIRD Empty My Hair Is Doing Something Very Interesting and WEIRD

Post by Onesexytan 13th August 2010, 8:41 pm

I BC'd almost a month ago. I cut my hair really short when it was permed (the Rihanna look) and I got sick of perming my hair every week to keep it in order. I decided to go natural because I wanted to start over and get my hair back in order (cause I damaged it for years). My motto back then was, "What ever happens to it, I'll just put in a weave to cover it up!". Not good.

Anyway, I got sick of punishing my hair all the time and decided to cut it all off. Well, I had permed my hair 3 few weeks prior. Not thinking about that, I BC'd anyway. I didn't want to go through a transition. I wanted to start from scratch. So my hair was short with curly roots and straight ends (mind you, my hair is really, really short).

My hair is curly on the sides and in the back. The middle, top and front part of my hair is wavy - ish, but my ends stick up when I add gel (I don't add alot). I manipulate that area a bit to wave it up, and it works....sometimes. I had a month of new growth so I decided to cut it down to the way new growth, but I'm still having the same problem. All my relaxed hair is gone, but that area continues to stay straight - ish. What should I do?

Onesexytan
Onesexytan

Back to top Go down

My Hair Is Doing Something Very Interesting and WEIRD Empty Re: My Hair Is Doing Something Very Interesting and WEIRD

Post by Lynnieluve 13th August 2010, 8:44 pm

That may be your texture. My texture in the top is looser than the sides and the back....maybe once it grows out more, it will start to curl more....at least that's what mind did.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

My Hair Is Doing Something Very Interesting and WEIRD Empty Re: My Hair Is Doing Something Very Interesting and WEIRD

Post by Onesexytan 13th August 2010, 8:53 pm

You can kinda see it in this picture.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Onesexytan
Onesexytan

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 13th August 2010, 10:12 pm

I agree with Lynnie. I think it might just be your texture. You're beautiful anyway so it's all good! You can braid it and then take it out if you need it curlier as it grows out.
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybella 14th August 2010, 1:30 am

I think it's the beginning of your texture showing. I know it took at least two months for my texture to really pop out at me. Smile With length your texture will probably start to show more.

jaybella
jaybella

http://public.fotki.com/lucidbeautyy/

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 14th August 2010, 9:09 pm

Sounds like you have different textures in your hair. Most ladies discover that they have more than one texture once they go natural. As your hair grows you'll learn how to make them play nicely. For me I know that I have to add more gel in some spots in order to get it to blend with the other sections.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 14th August 2010, 11:00 pm

I have that too! I chopped a little over a month ago and for a while I kept snipping off the straight ends, but 6 weeks later they are still here. The straight pieces are probably the end of a wave.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Onesexytan 14th August 2010, 11:27 pm

It's such a pain. I usually end up just combing the parts that won't curl down. Does anyone know of some good gels that will lay down my flyaways? If you look at the picture you can see them clear as day sticking up on the top of my head.

@Nattyblog Thanxs for the compliment! I love me's some makeup! LOL
Onesexytan
Onesexytan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down