CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SUPPORTIVE FAMILY/FRIENDS

3 posters

Go down

SUPPORTIVE FAMILY/FRIENDS Empty SUPPORTIVE FAMILY/FRIENDS

Post by MS. FAJA 9th August 2010, 7:06 pm

MY HUBBY AINT FEELIN IT. HE CALLED FROM WORK TO GO OUT TO EAT, BUT WHEN HE CAME HOME AND SAW MY HAIR(I HAD JUST BC'D) HE LEFT ME SITTING AT HOME. HE SAYS HE LIKES FEMALES TO HAVE HAIR AT LEAST REACHIG THEIR EARS.I'VE TRIED TO EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENCE BTWN RELAXED AND NATURAL HAIR BUT HE WASN'T TRYING TO HEAR ME..OH WELL WHETHER HE COMES AROUND OR NOT IM HAPPY WITH MY DECISION AND WILL BE TRIMMING A LITTLE MORE OFF THE TOP. MY FRIENDS & FAMILY BACK HOME ARE SUPPORTIVE AND SAY IT LOOKS GOOD!!!

BUT HOW HAVE YOUR FAMILY AND/OR FRIENDS REACT SINCE YOUR BIG CHOP OR SINCE YOU'VE TRANSITIONED???
MS. FAJA
MS. FAJA

https://www.facebook.com/missfaja

Back to top Go down

SUPPORTIVE FAMILY/FRIENDS Empty Re: SUPPORTIVE FAMILY/FRIENDS

Post by curl_Gurl 9th August 2010, 7:23 pm

Well, I keep telling my hubby that I'm going to do a BC so I can wear a spiral set(so it not going to be super short, long enough for a slight curl) he was like he would leave me if I did that(he's a big joker, he is playing)he won't leave but he may feel that the short hair doesn't accommodate my physical features very well since he has never seen me with short since I've always had long hair and even when I have gotten it cut every year it still came to my neck. But I mean this can go both ways, he wants to grow a full beard and I'm like uggh please don't do that to yourself. But we have to do what makes ourselves happy not others even if it is our spouse.

So at the end of the day a marriage should not be based merely on physical attractions but their must be a mental and spiritual connection and as long as you guys have that he will get over the BC it just may take a little time getting used to since a BC is such a drastic change.
curl_Gurl
curl_Gurl

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 9th August 2010, 9:13 pm

well my mama is up and down with my hair..some days she loves it!!, others she thinks I made a big mistake..she always says "why would you cut off all you pretty thick hair"..its sooo annoying..

but today she complimented my hair and said it look cute..then while I was helping her take out her braids she looked at the mirror and was like "eww see puffy hair doesnt look right on me..I dont have that nice curly hair like you do" lol I was like mama of course you do I am your CHILD..

so the reaction from her is up and down..she still thinks I'm crazy but she starting to accept it (I think)..I'm sure with time your husband will get use to your new look
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by MS. FAJA 10th August 2010, 11:51 am

IM GLAD SHE'S COMING AROUND, MAYBE SEEING YOU GO NATURAL AND HOW BEAUTIFUL YOUR HAIR IS WILL CONVINCE HER TO DO IT TO!?
MS. FAJA
MS. FAJA

https://www.facebook.com/missfaja

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down