CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vacation Hair!!- Help!

3 posters

Go down

Vacation Hair!!- Help! Empty Vacation Hair!!- Help!

Post by Blackdoll83 9th August 2010, 12:44 pm

Hey ladies!!

So im going to Jamaica in less than 2 weeks- my avatar pic was taken at a beach less than 2 weeks ago- although i like how my hair looks when it gets wet at the beach, Since my hair is not long, I feel like if I just leave my hair just out like that i will have to wear my hair like that the whole time in Jamaica being that I will be at the beach, pool, etc like all day everyday and I feel i will not have time to do twist outs for night bc we plan on never really spending time in the hotel room. i dont want to have to wear my short wash and go to the beach, dinner and night out :-(

So that brings me to my question: Do any of u ladies have anyyy suggestions for a hairstyle that will require lil manipulation (ideas can include fake hair) . I was thinking about having a fancy braided style leading to a low big puff fake pony that is sewn in- but im not even sure where i can get it done- with out it costing an arm and a leg. Then I thought about buying a inexpensive curly fro wig and attempting to sew it on my head myself. ( i would braid my own hair in cornrows under a net weave cap then place the wig on my head and sew it) . So that way when it gets wet- since it is fake hair and longer than mine it wont shrink like mine and i would get it long enough to be able to put in a pony puff or pin the side etc... I have never done that before but i dont think it should be too hard- I dunno -any of u ladies sew on a wig before? Any tips? Any thoughts, tips suggestions on hairstyles etc etc appreciated. Thanks beauties! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Blackdoll83
Blackdoll83

Back to top Go down

Vacation Hair!!- Help! Empty Re: Vacation Hair!!- Help!

Post by anz30 14th October 2010, 12:42 pm

Hi Blackdoll83,

What did you do with your hair? I am going to the Dominican Republic in two weeks and have been trying to figure out what to do with my hair. I thought I was going to put twists or braids in, but I really want to wear MY hair, especially in the tropics.

Did you wear it out? Did you have to wash/condition it everyday? I'm not sure what to do at all.

Any advice you can give will be GREATLY appreciated.

Have a great day!!!! Very Happy
anz30
anz30

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 14th October 2010, 1:05 pm

anz30, how long is your hair? When I went on vacation to Barbados a couple of years ago, I did wash and go's and ponytail puffs. I was at the beach everyday so I ended up having to wash the saltwater out of my hair everyday. I would wash, leave in conditioner, and just let it dry for the rest of the day/night. It was cute and carefree. Since then I haven't been on vacation with my hair out. I've been to Egypt and Puerto Rico, but both times I had kinky twists (which were GREAT by the way...so little effort and always cute!).
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackdoll83 14th October 2010, 2:06 pm

Heyy Anz30- I ended up getting a sew in weave "professionally" done at a shop in nyc. I got 2 packs of "kenya Kinky" 12 inch hair which were about $35 each and i let her sew it in. It ended up not being the best move. I have a youtube page just search my name- blackdoll83 and i talk all about how the experience was having that hair. Ps. I did wash the hair every single day and it ended up being extreemly matted . I only kept it in for literally a little over a week. But check out the last i think 2 or 3 videos i made. I show the hairstyle and talk about how i wish i just wore my shrunken hair. but anyway -Have fun in DR! and lemme know what u end up doing!
Blackdoll83
Blackdoll83

Back to top Go down

Post by anz30 14th October 2010, 3:43 pm

Ladies,

Thank you! It is funny because at first I was so sure that I wanted to put the braids/twists in to keep it simple, but something in my soul won't let me cover my hair. BajanPrincess, I don't know how to say how much hair I have but the pic that I just posted shows about how much it is. I'm thinking of maybe getting a braid updo style. I am going for a friend's wedding so I want to make sure that it looks great for the pictures. Blackdoll I am going straight to your videos when I get home tonight! I can't wait
anz30
anz30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down