CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has your transition decision sparked any other changes in your life?

+4
KSharee
cyclingchick
NylaCoils
natchralme
8 posters

Go down

Has your transition decision sparked any other changes in your life? Empty Has your transition decision sparked any other changes in your life?

Post by natchralme 7th August 2010, 11:10 am

Hello sisters!

I made the decision to go natural last Saturday and went shopping last night to purchase the new styling products I'll be using. So this morning I've been clearing out my shelves and drawers to replace the old stuff with the new stuff. It's amazing all the half-used shampoos, setting lotions, etc., I have sitting on shelves gathering dust, not to mention, the ponytails, buns, afro puff, and wigs, too. And I can't forget the sponge rollers, magnetic rollers & 2-piece rollers. (Were you the same way?)

It's just an example of how uncertain I was about dealing with my hair. This decision feels good and I'm looking forward to learning about my "real" hair and maybe gaining a better image of myself. Although I wear makeup, it's just basic foundation, lipstick & eyeliner; but now I'm buying eye shadow to enhance my look (esp. when I do the BC). I really don't spend a lot a time on my appearance because of low self-esteem issues, but this is making me rethink that to the point that I'm also getting motivated to lose weight (haven't had much luck with that in the past, but this just may push me to really do it).

Anyway, just needed to share that with someone who might understand. Thanks for listening!
natchralme
natchralme

Back to top Go down

Has your transition decision sparked any other changes in your life? Empty Re: Has your transition decision sparked any other changes in your life?

Post by NylaCoils 7th August 2010, 12:28 pm

I was feeling crazy because - I am a label NAZI! So I am now working out becoming more active! Becoming a label NAZI regarding food!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Has your transition decision sparked any other changes in your life? Empty Re: Has your transition decision sparked any other changes in your life?

Post by cyclingchick 7th August 2010, 1:08 pm

I've been on a weight loss/fitness journey for a loooooong time and the decision to go natural has renewed my commitment in the good fight. Smile

Oh and I second the amping up the makeup thing too. I've always kept things very simple...foundation, lip gloss, a bit of mascara. I'm looking forward to playing with color a bit. BC is coming up soon and my face will be on full display...not that you can miss it...I have cheeks for DAYS. LOL
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by KSharee 9th August 2010, 12:16 am

My decision to go natural was a part of my plan to work on me. A few years ago I made a decision to just work on me. I was tired of always putting everyone and everything first in my life, leaving me in the background. So I took a brave step and started to work on me and putting me first. Boy has there been a change over the last 2 years. My natural hair journey is just one of the roads I am on. My food choices, my job and my relationship with Christ have all changed. I enjoy the process, although the journey does get a little scary at times.
KSharee
KSharee

http://justbeingkimberlee.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by princesspoet 14th August 2010, 12:12 pm

For me it has been the other way round changes in my life have inspired me to transition.
My DH & I decided to start our family and knowing that children look up to their parents, I decided to start going natural because and especially if we have a girl, she'll be bi-racial and I want her to love her curls. I found mine recently and I love them.
Still don't know how or when to bc!
princesspoet
princesspoet

http://theprincesspoetslifeadventures.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 14th August 2010, 2:31 pm

I am trying to use only natural, organic, cruelty free makeup and nail polish.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by DaButterflyBAP 16th August 2010, 9:01 pm

I started working out and stopped...because. of. my. hair.

I am looking forward to getting in shape and going back to fitness classes.

Honestly, I am just looking forward to having some degree of freedom and options.
DaButterflyBAP
DaButterflyBAP

http://butterflybap.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 25th August 2010, 4:24 pm

I decided to also stop wearing acrylic nails. Since my journey my nails are just as long as my tips were and even stronger too. Of course I am much more careful, but they are suprisingly pretty strong too...
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down