CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TWA Fail?

5 posters

Go down

TWA Fail? Empty TWA Fail?

Post by frenchie 17th November 2009, 1:25 am

Hey. So I'm pretty new to this board (but I loovvveee it!) and I wanted to know if someone could help me out.

Okay, so I BCed two months ago and I just started trying the Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner. It makes my hair SUPER curly. Just...unbelieveable. Anyway, I love how it works on my hair when I first put it in, but after a while, my ends start to feel a little.....rough? There's no doubt that my hair is moisturized, because where the roots are feel super soft. I was thinking that maybe my curls are making it feel that way? (no clue how that could be though lol) Or the frizziness of my hair is giving off that feeling. I'm really lost as to why it feels this way. I just want super soft and healthy hair.

Two days ago I washed my hair and put in the leave in. My ends were really dry. So what I did this morning was co-wash, after I got out, put oil in my hair, then I put on the cantu. The results were a lot better, but my ends feel rough still. Before I started using Cantu, I was using Hawaiian Silky (and only that. no oils or anything), which left my hair really soft, but my curls weren't as defined. So, yeah. If anyone could give me suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

frenchie

Back to top Go down

TWA Fail? Empty Re: TWA Fail?

Post by Erica5417 17th November 2009, 1:44 am

It might be delayed results from the Hawaiian silky. I haven't used it but I've heard other naturals say the had the same results form the HS. I use the Cantu and like you it makes my hair really curly.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by frenchie 17th November 2009, 1:51 am

Thanks for replying! Do you know what methods they used for their hair to turn out better? Or is it one of those, wait it out sort of things? I shampoo my hair before I try new products. I want to have a bit of a clean slate so other products don't mix with the old ones.

frenchie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 17th November 2009, 10:38 am

Hi frenchie!

I'm new here, too (less than 1 week in the game) and had this exact same question about the cantu. it definitely goes in great, but leaves my ends hard by the end of the day. Also, do you have to reapply again the next morning?
Kea::curls
Kea::curls

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 17th November 2009, 10:42 am

Frenchie, I use Giovanni Direct Leave In Conditioner and apply coconut oil on top of it and my hair is moisturized and soft. The Giovanni Direct Leave in makes my hair curl up really nice. Maybe you can try to apply the oil after you put the Cantu in your hair. HTH!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by frenchie 17th November 2009, 11:00 am

Kea wrote:Hi frenchie!

I'm new here, too (less than 1 week in the game) and had this exact same question about the cantu. it definitely goes in great, but leaves my ends hard by the end of the day. Also, do you have to reapply again the next morning?

Hey, welcome!! Well, I re-wet my hair this morning and added some cantu to my tips and so far so good. I didn't drench my hair, just sprayed it. I think that the rough parts were from my hair being frizzy :/ I tend to get a lot of frizz and I don't know how to stop it lol.

Lynnieluve wrote:Frenchie, I use Giovanni Direct Leave In Conditioner and apply coconut oil on top of it and my hair is moisturized and soft. The Giovanni Direct Leave in makes my hair curl up really nice. Maybe you can try to apply the oil after you put the Cantu in your hair. HTH!

I'm a little slow. What's HTH? lol. You know what, my mom said the EXACT same thing. So I'll try adding the oil afterward instead of before next time. Thank youuu!

Does anyone know anything about stopping hair from being frizzy? I have gel, but I don't really want to always have to use that. And thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

frenchie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 17th November 2009, 1:48 pm

HTH - Hope this helps!

My hair at the crown tends to be frizzy. I am still new (3 months natural) so the only thing I know to do to cut back on frizz is to keep my hands out of hair...especially while my hair is drying.

Hopefully someone else will chime in with better advice about the frizzies!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 17th November 2009, 2:24 pm

Lynnieluv is right, the best thing for frizz is to 1) leave your hair alone until it dries. 2) rinse in cold water. I bought a bunch of frizz fighting products and was still getting frizz because I had hand-in-'fro syndrome. The best product I have found for frizz is the Ken Paves curl balm. Try to find it at TJ Maxx or Marshall's because it's about $30 for 4oz if you pay full price. Another product that worked well for frizz was the Herbal Essence None of Your Frizzness conditioner but I realized as much as I love the HE products, they weigh down my hair (costs less than $5!). I also use oil with the Cantu.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tlewis 18th November 2009, 4:38 pm

Hey Frenchie,

I agree with everyone else. Combining oil with any leave-in you choose works wonders for keeping the hair moisturized and you must not touch the hair until it is COMPLETELY dry! If you do...frizz will be the result. Also, make sure your hair is healthy. If it is dry on the ends, maybe you need a trim.

tlewis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down