CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What natural hair products are YOU using???

+25
gettinback2myroots
kekesmum
Lynnieluve
Divinebeauty87
MrsSunshinz
Neems
alove15
FalconTress
Alanija
saramachara
gemofacurlgirl
Naturally Esq
raslade808
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
ciara89
sonance
MelMelBee
raina
Priss Pot
krazy coils
ChrsLvsBks
WhosThatRedHead
freckledmom4
kimjunebug
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What natural hair products are YOU using??? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Natural Hair Products are YOU Using?

Post by FalconTress 3rd September 2010, 4:14 pm

Key word for me is use. I have a lot of natural prducts stashed away.

The Primary Product Lines of my current of my regi are:

Burt's Bees
Aubrey Organics(AO)
Jane Carter Solution(JCS)

Here's what I have and use:

Pre-Poo- Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Hair Treatment- Top shelf. This revitalized my very dry hair. I love to slather it on before I use te sauna at the gym. I could really skip post poo conditioning when I use this.

Protein-AO Blue Green Algae Mask- the best protein treatment I have ever used. Gave me waves at my roots and curls at my ends. Results far outweigh the cost and the fragrance. Pushed that tube of Giovanni Nutrafixx over a cliff.

Shampoo-AO JAY, White Camelia

Conditioners- AO White Camelia (my fav), Island Naturals, Honeysuckle Rose and GPB(just got it, haven't tried it)

Leave-In
JCS Revitalizing. H20 is the only other leave-in I use.
Sealing- JCS Nourish and Shine
Styling- JCS Wrap & Roll (use it with CurlFormers), Natural Hold Spray Gel(holdover from my heat styling days)

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

What natural hair products are YOU using??? - Page 2 Empty Re: What natural hair products are YOU using???

Post by alove15 20th September 2010, 2:43 am

-Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo and conditioner
-Aubrey Organics GPB and Honeysuckle rose
-Kinky curly KT and KCCC
-Whole foods aloe vera
-Unrefined coconut oil

alove15
alove15

Back to top Go down

What natural hair products are YOU using??? - Page 2 Empty Re: What natural hair products are YOU using???

Post by Neems 21st September 2010, 1:14 pm

• Giovanni 50:50 balanced shampoo
  • Aubrey Organics Ultra-Smoothing Conditioner, White Camellia, I might go back to AO HSR
  • Giovanni Direct Leave-in
  • Kinky Curly Knot Today
  • Extra Virgin Coconut oil

My hair does best when I keep it simple and natural Very Happy
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsSunshinz 21st September 2010, 6:40 pm

I use SheaMoisture Moisture Retention shampoo
SheaMoisture Masque for DC
Giovanni SAS cond
Aussie Moist and HEHH for co wash
Kimmaytube Leave in
Qhemet Biologics AOHC for moisture
KBB hair butter to seal ends
MrsSunshinz
MrsSunshinz

Back to top Go down

Post by Divinebeauty87 6th October 2010, 6:21 pm

Curls shampoo
Earthly Delights conditioner (from wholefoods)
Kimmaytube's leave-in conditioner mix
Komaza hair care Shea hair lotion
Afroveda purr whipped jelly
Jamaican black castor oil
Divinebeauty87
Divinebeauty87

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 6th October 2010, 6:32 pm

Karen's Body Beautiful Conditioning Shampoo
Yes to Cucumbers
Giovanni Smooth As Silk
Giovanni Direct Leave In
Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque
Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk
Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner
Unrefined coconut oil
Koils By Nature Hair and Body Butter
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 6th October 2010, 6:33 pm

MrsSunshinz wrote:I use SheaMoisture Moisture Retention shampoo
SheaMoisture Masque for DC
Giovanni SAS cond
Aussie Moist and HEHH for co wash
Kimmaytube Leave in
Qhemet Biologics AOHC for moisture
KBB hair butter to seal ends

Those two highlighted arent natural or organic.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by kekesmum 6th October 2010, 10:55 pm

For my daughter I use mostly products from the Curls line. I use the kids shampoo, conditioner and detangler but use the Whipped Cream and the Curl Ecstasy Asian tea conditioner from the adult line. I also use Giovanni Leave In Conditioner for when her hair is in protective styles or when she is swimming and Extra Virgin Coconut Oil after every wash.

kekesmum

Back to top Go down

Post by gettinback2myroots 29th October 2010, 2:06 pm

Hi! I'm transitioning from relaxed to natural, (2 months post relaxer), should I use different products on my hair while going through my transition? What do you recommend? Neutral
gettinback2myroots
gettinback2myroots

Back to top Go down

Post by aBailey 29th October 2010, 5:33 pm

i understand what you mean by the jehri curl thing. I have gotten that comment a lot when i use KCKT and MJ butter cream...or the one i hate if i have a curly perm! But i think my hair is naturally that way and those products only serve to enhance it. Ive used products with certain claims and they fell short because my hair wasn't the hair type it was marketed towards

VO5 kiwi conditioner - co-washing
Jamila henna, amla powder- color and deep conditioner
shea butter- sealant for twist
coconut oil- for scalp, shine, fluff and seperate twist
glycerin, water, drop of melted shea, organics conditioner- spritz
amla oil- pre-wash conditioner
Knot today- detangler...when i can find and afford it
Mixed Chicks DT...AGAIN when i can afford it
aBailey
aBailey

Back to top Go down

Post by Choctaw 29th October 2010, 7:09 pm

ayurvedic powders: amla, maka, brahmi, neem, henna, cassia
oils: almond, castor, coconut, sunflower, hemp seed, olive
raw honey
raw African black soap
shea butter
aloe vera gel
aloe vera juice
rosewater
rosewater glycerin
apple cider vinegar
yogurt
lemon juice
hibiscus fenugreek tea
black strap molasses
banana baby food
shealoe

Choctaw

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 29th October 2010, 10:30 pm

gettinback2myroots wrote:Hi! I'm transitioning from relaxed to natural, (2 months post relaxer), should I use different products on my hair while going through my transition? What do you recommend? Neutral

The most important thing is that you keep the new growth moisturized. The oils (olive, coconut, jojoba, castor) are beneficial to both relaxed and naturals. As you get further along in your transition you will want to get conditioners/leave-ins with lots of slip tp aid in detangling. It's okay to experiment here and there with new products, but be careful not to become a pj and realize that most of the stylers (gels, curl creams) are a waste of time if you still have relaxed ends.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 29th October 2010, 11:33 pm

MelMelBee wrote:Has anyone heard anything about Kimble Hair Care Systems???? They have it at Target (from what I can see online)...Any feedback???

Hi Mel,

I've heard of it. My sister uses her products. Kim Kimble. She's a celebrity stylist. Does Tracee Ross's hair and some other folks. I won some things on her blog last month. Silk pillowcase and silk bonnet. When I say heavenly feeling, I'm telling you, nothing like real silk. I also won some denman brushes that I have no use for right now, because I already have a denman. Very good quality. It's all kind of she-she stuff. Pricey. My sister loves her products. I'm not sure of the ingredients, but I am thinking about trying the curl definer at some point. They sell it in the stores here in Atlanta.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gettinback2myroots 30th October 2010, 11:05 am

freckledmom4 wrote:
gettinback2myroots wrote:Hi! I'm transitioning from relaxed to natural, (2 months post relaxer), should I use different products on my hair while going through my transition? What do you recommend? Neutral

The most important thing is that you keep the new growth moisturized. The oils (olive, coconut, jojoba, castor) are beneficial to both relaxed and naturals. As you get further along in your transition you will want to get conditioners/leave-ins with lots of slip tp aid in detangling. It's okay to experiment here and there with new products, but be careful not to become a pj and realize that most of the stylers (gels, curl creams) are a waste of time if you still have relaxed ends.

Thanks so much for the reply. I already have coconut oil.....yeah, one less thing I have to buy!
Your hair is goregous!
gettinback2myroots
gettinback2myroots

Back to top Go down

Post by happy2bcurly 30th October 2010, 6:39 pm

ok, I have a few questions. I hear everyone saying they use shea butter for twists. I tried it a while back and didn't like it cause it was to oily. So I decided to try it again and not mix so much oil with it. i used olive oil,jojoba oil,and coconut oil, about a tablespoon of each. melted them down and whipped them together. I first did a hot oil treatment with evoo,cowashed with suave coconut and used aussie moist to deep condition. then I used my kimmytube leave in but just a little cause it has oils in it too. I twisted my hair with the shea while it was still wet cause I heard it works better on wet hair. the next morning when i untwisted all i had was a frizzy fro. WHAT THE HE_ _? I am sooo frustrated with my hair. I have tried so many things. I am on this site and you tube almost everyday but, It's been over a year now and I still haven't figured this thing out. Oh yeah I forgot to mention that the next night i retwisted my hair dry with more shea butter then all i got was an ashy looking fro thats dry looking but oily to the touch. What am I doing wrong?
happy2bcurly
happy2bcurly

Back to top Go down

Post by happy2bcurly 30th October 2010, 6:51 pm

Oh yeah I forgot to say that the kimmytube leave in doesn't do anything for my hair either,I just used it cause I had some in the fridge that I mixed up last week. I still love my natural hair I just can't get the look I want. All I want is some definition without the frizziness. I'm trying to get away from gels cause they are drying too. i used to have the same problem when I was relaxed, i couldn't use what everyone else use on their hair. Thanks for letting me vent ladies. I feel so much better. Lol
happy2bcurly
happy2bcurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 30th October 2010, 7:02 pm

Vent on Sista! No

I don't know much. I'm new to it all, but when I read the post it sounded like alot of oil. Kimmy's leave-in and then those oils mixed with Shea. Hmmm...I don't know.

I personally can't use shea butter. It dried my hair out and yeah, frizzy, dull mess. I had only twisted with one other product, ORS Lock and Twist and it didn't frizz me up, but I was kind of dry on day three if I recall. I was transitioning and didn't know what I was doing. I haven't started doing twist yet. Waiting until my hair is longer. Is your hair fine? It doesn't look that thick in the picture. My hair is fine and Kimmy's leave-in is not for me.

I'm just rambling. I hope others can actually help. Smile
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by happy2bcurly 30th October 2010, 7:31 pm

Yes Renny my hair is fine and soft. I don't know if I'm 4a,4b,or 4c lol.
I just know that everything makes my hair frizzy. some days its not bad but other days i'm like what the h_ _ _ ? I tried the ors twist and lock gel . It gives good definition but can be drying.
happy2bcurly
happy2bcurly

Back to top Go down

Post by happy2bcurly 30th October 2010, 7:52 pm

Renny I just found a thread in the styling and profiling section that you may be interested in. Its called fine hair.
happy2bcurly
happy2bcurly

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 30th October 2010, 8:57 pm

happy2bcurly wrote:ok, I have a few questions. I hear everyone saying they use shea butter for twists. I tried it a while back and didn't like it cause it was to oily. So I decided to try it again and not mix so much oil with it. i used olive oil,jojoba oil,and coconut oil, about a tablespoon of each. melted them down and whipped them together. I first did a hot oil treatment with evoo,cowashed with suave coconut and used aussie moist to deep condition. then I used my kimmytube leave in but just a little cause it has oils in it too. I twisted my hair with the shea while it was still wet cause I heard it works better on wet hair. the next morning when i untwisted all i had was a frizzy fro. WHAT THE HE_ _? I am sooo frustrated with my hair. I have tried so many things. I am on this site and you tube almost everyday but, It's been over a year now and I still haven't figured this thing out. Oh yeah I forgot to mention that the next night i retwisted my hair dry with more shea butter then all i got was an ashy looking fro thats dry looking but oily to the touch. What am I doing wrong?

Hi Happy,
I can't use shea butter on my hair either. It just seems to sit there. I have extremely frizzy hair and the thing that works best for me is to twist my hair while I have dc in then rinse and apply leave in to each twist. Next I use my styler (SM Curl Smoothie for now) and finally seal each twist with castor oil. Sometimes I add Giovanni's frizz be gone, but I really think that the castor oil cuts down on the frizz and adds definition.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2