CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I feel like shaving everything off!

+4
DvaAuNaturel
raina
Janique
EastAfricanCurly
8 posters

Go down

I feel like shaving everything off! Empty I feel like shaving everything off!

Post by EastAfricanCurly 4th August 2010, 2:36 pm

I dyed my hair red a few months ago(I regret it SO much) and I attended a few weddings and went to the hairdressers and got my hair blowdried, straightened, curled with tongs on those occasions. I now regret it because it's damaged my hair so badly and the top of my hair feels VERY coarse but the rest feels softer. I've tried washing my hair with baking soda and last night I mixed together 2 eggs, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, peppermint oil and lavender oil and left it in my hair. When I rinsed it out, I washed it with a bit of shampoo then left conditioner in my hair for about 10 minutes then rinsed it out. I dried it out and then put olive oil and coconut oil in my hair.

My hair feels better but the ends of my hair feel so bad and now I'm thinking I've had a 'protein overdose' because my hair doesn't have any motion or movement like before. I think maybe I need more moisture but I'm on holiday right now and I have only a bit of colour revitalising conditioner by Tresemme and some oils etc. and I was wondering if anyone had any homemade recipes to give my hair the moisture it needs. I'm really tempted to go to the stores and buy some relaxer despite the fact it'll make my hair worse because I don't think I can deal with my hair anymore. Otherwise I think I might shave it even though it's shoulder length Crying or Very sad

Please help guys. Much appreciated. xxxx

EastAfricanCurly

Back to top Go down

I feel like shaving everything off! Empty Re: I feel like shaving everything off!

Post by Janique 4th August 2010, 2:43 pm

Instead of doing something drastic like getting a relaxer or shaving it, put some weave or braids in it. That might get your mind off your hair for the time being. If your hair is in braids, you can still moisturize it and take care of it. You could also consider trying kimmaytube's leave in mixture that she shows you how to make on youtube...It's supposed to restore the pH balance of your hair.
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

I feel like shaving everything off! Empty Re: I feel like shaving everything off!

Post by raina 4th August 2010, 8:54 pm

the last thing u need to do is put a relaxer in your hair .It sounds like you might have some heat damage.Keep your hair moisturized and put it in a protective style.You might have to get your hair trimmed to get rid of the ends if they are truly damaged.I am sorry this happened to you. ..You dont have to cut off all your hair just trim the ends a little at a time. Deep condition your hair with olive oil or cocconut oil (some people use both) and put it in a protective style , the less you manipulate it the better. I hope this helps you.!
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 4th August 2010, 9:15 pm

I agree with Raina. Sounds like you just need to work on restoring the health of your hair. You need to deep condition, moisturize, deep condition, moisturize some more and deep condition some more. Deep condition at least weekly and make sure you maintain your hair's moisture. What products do you use, not necessarily the brands but what are the ingredients?
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by swt_sunny 4th August 2010, 11:16 pm

Noooo, don't doooo it lol...I'm transitioning right now. I had some issues myself w/ some highlights (although they looked good) gone wrong. My ends were fried! I couldn't handle cutting off so much at one time so now I'm doing it in phases. Although you don't want to cut it you will feel so much better, and your hair will look much healthier. Trim an inch or so now, wait a few months and keep repeating along w/ doing deep conditioners and laying off the heat as the other ladies suggested.

swt_sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 5th August 2010, 1:34 am

i say cut it alllll off into an amber rose n call it a day [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ...no really!!

chill on the bakin soda, acv and shampoo mix, i think thats too much! a good DC or even an over night DC or a pre-poo before a wash do the trick for me!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 5th August 2010, 5:43 am

Up your H2O intake and just take it one day at a time. Maybe consider a trim. You might have damaged ends from heat.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by EastAfricanCurly 5th August 2010, 12:13 pm

Thank you so much for your advice guys! Very Happy I do think I've damaged my hair a lot because of the heat and the dying so hopefully I'll correct that.

@DvaAuNaturel - I have quite a simple regimen. What I do is co-wash everyday with a Tresemme conditioner then I use coconut oil and then do a braid out. But last night, I used Motions Critical Protect & Repair and left that in for about 1 hour then I rinsed it out and used ACV then mixed together EVOO, peppermint oil, lemon oil and lavender oil and massaged that into my hair and twisted my hair. I still have the twists in right now because I'm scared to know what my hair will turn out like when I take the twists out.

Are there any products or homemade products that you would recommend for deep conditioning my hair and ensuring that it's moisturized?

Much love guys xx

EastAfricanCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by EastAfricanCurly 5th August 2010, 12:19 pm

Thank you so much for your advice guys! Very Happy I do think I've damaged my hair a lot because of the heat and the dying so hopefully I'll correct that.

@DvaAuNaturel - I have quite a simple regimen. What I do is co-wash everyday with a Tresemme conditioner then I use coconut oil and then do a braid out. But last night, I used Motions Critical Protect & Repair and left that in for about 1 hour then I rinsed it out and used ACV then mixed together EVOO, peppermint oil, lemon oil and lavender oil and massaged that into my hair and twisted my hair. I still have the twists in right now because I'm scared to know what my hair will turn out like when I take the twists out.

Are there any products or homemade products that you would recommend for deep conditioning my hair and ensuring that it's moisturized?

Much love guys xx

EastAfricanCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 5th August 2010, 9:43 pm

I'm not an expert but I don't think using the ACV as a leave in is a good idea. I thought that was just to rinse. Have you looked at your products. After switching to products that don't have sulfates or cones my hair is finally on the path to happiness and I am loving it! There are several posts that have lists for healthy products for our hair and the Kimmaytube mix works wonders!!! Best wishes!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down