CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Detangling

2 posters

Go down

Detangling Empty Detangling

Post by Ms.Fenty 2nd August 2010, 11:41 pm

So, I have a process for detangling......I apply my DC, finger detangle, sit under the dryer (or let the DC sit for two hours). Hop in the shower, rinse DC with hair in braids, shampoo, then apply different conditioner and detangle with wide tooth comb. I don't lose a lot of hair and this method is very effective, but it takes FOREVER!!!!. I've seen other ladies on Youtube detangle in less than half the time I take to do it.....

How long does it take you other transitioning ladies to detangle? Is there something I can do to make it go faster? Am I not using enough product? Maybe not the right products (I'm cone free right now)?
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Detangling Empty Re: Detangling

Post by naturalchic 3rd August 2010, 11:09 am

you should try a conditioner that offers good slip, like hehh, this will help with detangling hair!! also washing your hair in sections helps with tangling.....what products and steps do you use?
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 3rd August 2010, 7:35 pm

Well I do detangle in sections and lately I've been using Nature's Gate conditioner w/honey and oils to DC, but I feel like I can find something better. I also detangle in the shower with Tresemme Naturals Moisture Rich silicone free conditioner, it has really good slip, but it doesn't cut down my detangling time very much (maybe I should use that to DC with?). I still have some HEHH left, but I'm not sure if I wanna use it again, last time I used it I think my scalp had a reaction to it

How long does it take you to detangle your hair?
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 3rd August 2010, 11:01 pm

Hello,

It does not take me long to detangle my hair but my hair is not as long as yours. I used hehh and that instantly helps with slip...you could also try to pre poo with evoo or evco, that may help....

I dont suggest you use Hehh if you have a reaction have you tried aussie moist cond?
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down