CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need a commerical creamy moisturizer

+9
rayray19
MrsSunshinz
Umph
cutie_curli
hardymem
Mzbush
krazy coils
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
Renny
13 posters

Go down

Need a commerical creamy moisturizer Empty Need a commerical creamy moisturizer

Post by Renny 1st August 2010, 9:34 am

I need a creamy moisturizer. I'm using Africa's Best Organics Shea Moisture Plus, but I'm almost out and I'd like to try something else to see if I get better results. It's a heavier cream. I don't feel like it weighs my hair down, so I think I'd like to try something else with a little bulk.

I'm not interested in making anything and I already have shea butter.

Please share what you are using?

Thanks,

Rhonda
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Need a commerical creamy moisturizer Empty Re: Need a commerical creamy moisturizer

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 2nd August 2010, 12:59 am

My hair luvz really creamy moisturizers and I use the elasta qp olive oil and mango butter moisturizer. Its super creamy, smells yummy and leaves my hair really soft. Might be something you wanna look into.

Back to top Go down

Need a commerical creamy moisturizer Empty Re: Need a commerical creamy moisturizer

Post by Renny 2nd August 2010, 1:29 am

It sounds great. Where do you buy it?
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 2nd August 2010, 7:49 am

Renny you can get Elasta QP products from your local BSS or Sally's.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 2nd August 2010, 4:33 pm

I get mine from the local bss

Back to top Go down

Post by Mzbush 3rd August 2010, 10:13 am

I have been seeing the Olive and Mango Butter at CVS too. I am trying to use up some of the things I already have before I buy anything more but I want to try it. Glad to hear the good review!
Mzbush
Mzbush

Back to top Go down

Post by hardymem 23rd August 2010, 10:05 pm

Darcy's Botanicals Madagascar Vanilla styling creme
hardymem
hardymem

Back to top Go down

Post by cutie_curli 23rd August 2010, 10:27 pm

Hey, I was just about to put a post about the Elasta QP Olive and Mango butter. It smells so good and is really creamy. I was kind of suprised that it wasn't heavy. I like it alot and would recommend it. I used it for the first time for some twists. How does everyone else use it?

cutie_curli

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 24th August 2010, 10:11 am

cutie_curli, how do you use for twist? I have on hand but didn't know how to use for twist?

I generally use on damp hair and seal with castor oil...
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by cutie_curli 24th August 2010, 10:32 am

@Umph..So I dont know if this was correct but I did it anyway. I moistured with it and then sealed with sweet almond oil, then I used the product again as a styler. So I added more when doing my twists..I like the way my hair came out and my hair is still moistured and not heavy..? Im not sure if it is a official styler but I used it anyway as a styler. lol.

cutie_curli

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 24th August 2010, 3:55 pm

cutie_curli, thanks! I may try this. I always try to find new uses for products I already have.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsSunshinz 24th August 2010, 6:21 pm

I like Shea moisture's curly smoothie. It's kinda heavy and very moisturizing!!
MrsSunshinz
MrsSunshinz

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 24th August 2010, 11:32 pm

@mrsSunshinz: I agree^^ I love that stuff!!!
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 26th August 2010, 10:19 pm

Thanks Ladies.

I have Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie but haven't used it since I BCed. So you use it after your leave-in? I've been doing WNG's as follows:

Cowash
Put on leave-in (Giovanni Direct)
Add moisturizer - Organics Shea Moisture Plus
Seal with coconut oil
Use my styling gel

So, the Shea Moisutre Smoothie can go under a gel?
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by Marche' 15th September 2010, 9:48 pm

I have been using the Hollywood Beauty Olive Creme for a few months now. You can find it at drug stores and it comes with an olive cholesterol deep treatment which I don't care for and never use. I add about 3 tbs of olive oil to it. The ingredients are listed below:

Deionized Water (Aqua), isopropyl myristate, glycine soja (soybean) oil, olea europea (olive) fruit oil, stearic acid, stearyl alcohol, glyceryl stereate, vitamin e (tocopheryl acetate), matricaria extract (chamomille recutita), calendula (calendula officinalis flower extract, vitamin b (yeast extract), macademia oil (macademia ternifolia seed), vitamin a (retinyl palmitate), coconut oil (cocos nucifera), rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis leaf) extract, sage (salvia officinalis leaf) extract, vitamin c (ascorbic acid), great burdock (arctium lappa root)extract, triethanolamine, methyl paraben, propyl paraben, dmdm hydantoin, imidazolidinyl urea, fragrance, yellow #5 blue #1.
Marche'
Marche'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th September 2010, 4:04 pm

I need a really good leave-in moisturizer for sensitive scalp or somethin ....since i bc'd my hair is dry alot and i'm trying to find a resolution for that

Back to top Go down

Post by queeks 16th September 2010, 8:44 pm

kinky curly knot today is great

queeks

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 17th September 2010, 10:37 am

I had been thinking I needed a creamy moisturizer because I like creamy products, well not so. I found the perfect moisturizer for my hair. It's aloe vera juice, glycerin and a little water (about 1/4 water), the rest the other two and a few drops of rosemary oil in a spray bottle. I've been wearing wash and gos and spraying my hair with this every morning. I can get a week out of a wash n go with no problem, but I wash my hair at day 5 just because I think I should be washing my hair and I find by day 5 I'm touching up with more gel, so I figure just wash it and start over. Well, with this moisturizing spray there is no touching up with gel needed. My hair is so soft and so unbelievably moist that I can't keep my hands out of it. I'm amazed really. I never thought hair could feel like this. Even that hard to handle hair in the front of my head. So, I definitely don't need anything else.
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 17th September 2010, 11:07 am

Renny wrote:I had been thinking I needed a creamy moisturizer because I like creamy products, well not so. I found the perfect moisturizer for my hair. It's aloe vera juice, glycerin and a little water (about 1/4 water), the rest the other two and a few drops of rosemary oil in a spray bottle. I've been wearing wash and gos and spraying my hair with this every morning. I can get a week out of a wash n go with no problem, but I wash my hair at day 5 just because I think I should be washing my hair and I find by day 5 I'm touching up with more gel, so I figure just wash it and start over. Well, with this moisturizing spray there is no touching up with gel needed. My hair is so soft and so unbelievably moist that I can't keep my hands out of it. I'm amazed really. I never thought hair could feel like this. Even that hard to handle hair in the front of my head. So, I definitely don't need anything else.
Beautiful smile and avatar.

I love a mix of aloe vera, water, glycerin & EVOO. I think the key ingredient in your mix is the aloe vera juice. You mentioned how much water but how much aloe vera juice and glycerin?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 17th September 2010, 12:31 pm

Hi Chrs,

Glad to see you. I like your new avatar as well. Very pretty.

I updated my Curl Street journal today and gave you big thanks for telling me about the aloe vera juice.

I use an 8 oz measuring cup. About 4 to 5 ozs are aloe vera juice, 1 to 2 ozs glycerin and 2 oz water. I didn't add oil. I forgot about the EVOO. I tap coconut oil on my hair in the afternoons and in the evenings before bed. My hair loves it. I've been using EVOO mostly when I bag overnight before cowashing or shampooing. Hmmm...I'll have to try it with the EVOO.

I use Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Juice and I purchased some of the gel too. I haven't tried it yet. Not sure where to insert it in my routine. Have you tried the gel?
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 18th September 2010, 10:20 pm

Chrs,

I'm thinking of reducing the water since I'm still getting shrinkage. How much water are you using. How much EVOO?
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2BMe :) 19th September 2010, 10:17 am

Does anyone know if the Elast QP Oilve Oil and Mango Butter has any mineral oil or petrolatum?
Free2BMe :)
Free2BMe :)

http://xoxo-chichi.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down