CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YOUR OPINION ON MY GROWTH!!!

4 posters

Go down

YOUR OPINION ON MY GROWTH!!! Empty YOUR OPINION ON MY GROWTH!!!

Post by SuperBadd 28th July 2010, 3:01 pm

I'm a long term transitioner and I think abt daily how long my hair will be when I decide to let my curls free from my sew-in...September will make a year that I have been wearing sew-ins. I usually wear them no longer than 8 weeks. Let my hair breathe a couple of days and then put a sew-in right back in. September will make a year and so that's when I want to let it all hang out, lol!! What do you think my expected growth will be..

PS...I cut my hair prior to the sew-in - a little above my collar bone.

Thanks in advance ladies!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SuperBadd

Back to top Go down

YOUR OPINION ON MY GROWTH!!! Empty Re: YOUR OPINION ON MY GROWTH!!!

Post by SuperBadd 29th July 2010, 1:20 am

bump...

SuperBadd

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 29th July 2010, 2:44 am

Hair usually grows about 1/2 inch/month. So, maybe 6 inches of growth.
HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperBadd 29th July 2010, 10:34 am

O wow....that's alot...you got me super excited!!!! Thanks so much! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SuperBadd

Back to top Go down

Post by EagerCurler 29th July 2010, 5:30 pm

Aww man good luck!!! Im going into my 8th mnth!!! I need to updte my avatar cuz it has grown so much since then!!!So you wore sew-ins the whole transition? Did you leave some of your hair out or were they closed? I think my next thing is going to be a sew-in again.
EagerCurler
EagerCurler

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperBadd 29th July 2010, 5:41 pm

@EagerCurler: Thanks for wishing me luck...Well the first 3 months I pincurled my hair but the weather where I am is so humid that that wasn't working bc I looked like a lion...so I decided to do a sew-in and left my edges and horshoe out..the only bad part about that is that I had to put heat on the part that was left out to blend which really isn't good if I'm trying to attain curls....can lead to heat damage. As I got comfortable with my sew-in, I started to leave out as little as possible w/o it looking "wiggy" and also choosing a curly type of hair to blend with my hair so that I wouldn't have to put heat on. September will make a year that I have been transitioning with a sew-in..
So now that I have learned, I am now wearing Wagsman hair Natural Curly and I have my horse shoe and a smidge of my sides...
I wouldn't have been able to do it w/o a sew-in I'm sure...so go for it girlie!!!!

SuperBadd

Back to top Go down

Post by EagerCurler 29th July 2010, 5:50 pm

Well for my 3-6 month I wore a sew in and put in a protective style... It was really cute but you know how weave gets after awhile stringy and mangly!!! YUCK!!! But I will post a pic up I didnt put heat on it for a whole month by doing the protective style!! N it was cute!

I will post a pic on this thread to show you. I know I took some pics while I had it.
EagerCurler
EagerCurler

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperBadd 30th July 2010, 10:23 am

well i let my hair breathe in between the 8 week time period. I can't wait to see ur pics...

SuperBadd

Back to top Go down

Post by Meek2010 20th August 2010, 6:32 pm

Hey Ladies, ive been transitioning for year now, didnt do a BC did braids and weaves since november 09. And im taking my hair out today. WOO Woo!!! gonna let it breath for a few days before i have my hair dresser cut it into a manageble style. But my hair has been growing since Ive done the braids and weaves. I didnt both hair out and closed with the weaves and noticed the growth with both processes.

Meek2010

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperBadd 27th August 2010, 3:30 pm

@ Meek2010: Congrats! That's major!!! We have the same Curl Story, girl! That was the only way I could protect my hair without having a hair crisis and doing something crazy. Hope you enjoy your curls and most definitely post pics!!!

SuperBadd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down