CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok, so Im young, clueless and in need to go Natural!!

5 posters

Go down

Ok, so Im young, clueless and in need to go Natural!! Empty Ok, so Im young, clueless and in need to go Natural!!

Post by Nana 27th July 2010, 9:11 pm

Hi guys,

Just literally found curlynikki tonight and after a few browses, decided yep this was the site. I dont know how i ended up here really but basically, you can figure out that i had been doing some searching on going natural.

so, its gonna be my 21st birthday in a couple of months, and since im not the type to usually get excited about birthdays,and thats how i thought i got to at least do something memorable, and have been seriously considering going natural for months now, but havent got the mind made up yet guys (hope this isnt the part where u figure out im not a natural sista like the majority here :P )...

anyway i need all Your complete advice on what you think and of course im gonna take the time to go through the posts and the blogs and get to know a little bit more about The transition.

Thanks good people!!

Nana

Back to top Go down

Ok, so Im young, clueless and in need to go Natural!! Empty Re: Ok, so Im young, clueless and in need to go Natural!!

Post by airbornewife8 27th July 2010, 9:48 pm

Wow I actually decided to go natural right before my 21st bday i went and got my last relaxer in dec 09 and my stylist was saying my hair was damaged and needed to be cut well all my life i have been going through this cycle my hair would grow out and be beautiful and then it would get damaged and have to cut off a few inches well i was sick of it so i got online and was looking for something new and found all this wonderful information about going natural and transitioning and decided to do it so i transitioned from dec - may and did my BC may 26 of this year b.c i was sick of the transitioning and just wanted to be done with it! so after i got off work i went in the bathroom and pulled out the shears...i have never had short hair before its always been at least shoulder length so needless to say it was a shock for me and everyone else! but i dnt regret it and it was one of the best decisions i have ever made! but i am still learning something new about my hair every day and curly nikki is a world full of advice and a great place to learn good luck with your journey if you decide to take it...it will not be something that you will regret

airbornewife8

Back to top Go down

Ok, so Im young, clueless and in need to go Natural!! Empty Re: Ok, so Im young, clueless and in need to go Natural!!

Post by Humblebug 27th July 2010, 10:50 pm

I think I stalked hair forums for a good year before I became natural. there was so much information...and this was back before I entered grade 9.

Take your time, and decide what's best for you. Good luck!
Humblebug
Humblebug

Back to top Go down

Post by Nana 28th July 2010, 12:57 pm

[quote="Humblebug"]I think I stalked hair forums for a good year before I became natural. there was so much information...and this was back before I entered grade 9.

Take your time, and decide what's best for you. Good luck![/quote]

thanks Humble B, so true

Nana

Back to top Go down

Post by Nana 28th July 2010, 12:59 pm

airborne, i agree, it seems when the stylist recommends a snip then theres usually more to it Wink

thanks for the advice....

Nana

Back to top Go down

Post by ciara89 28th July 2010, 3:19 pm

@airbornewife 8: my story is the exact same as yours. When i came back from school in may i went to my beautician and she was talking about how my hair broke off again so i decided that since most of the perm was out of my hair, that i would just became natural, and I have been moving forward since then. also just press and curl doesnt work well with my hair since I sweat in my hair, so tht was when i really decided to go all natural.
ciara89
ciara89

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 28th July 2010, 5:46 pm

Welcome Nana!I hope you love it here as much as I do!
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nana 2nd August 2010, 7:16 pm

Thanks Raina!!

Nana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down