CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What does your personal spray bottle consist of?

+3
rayray19
naturalchic
curl_Gurl
7 posters

Go down

What does your personal spray bottle consist of? Empty What does your personal spray bottle consist of?

Post by curl_Gurl 22nd July 2010, 11:31 am

I will officially be 5 months since my last relaxer in two
days. The transition process is going really smooth. But I do have a question.
What combination of ingredients is everyone using for their daily spray bottle to moisturize hair? I
made my own spray bottle daily conditioner which consist of Giovanni leave-in conditioner, water, extra virgin olive oil, honey and a splash of vinegar added to the water I let broil
than cool (I consider myself a chef so I had to add the tsp of vinegar for my
own personal reasons) but my spray bottle ingredients make my hair a little hard and crunchy
later during the day, I think I just added to much honey. I only apply the
spray bottle a couple times throughout the week to my sides and back edges to make my
hair lay day and to keep them moisturized b/c the sides and back are the most challenging.
What do ya'll think? Do you have any suggestions? I will make a new bottle with
less honey and see what the results are next go around. What does your personal
spritz consist of and how often do you apply it to your hair?

Last edited by curl_Gurl on 22nd July 2010, 4:41 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Didn't want to confuse people with the term spritz, simply referring to ingredients that are put into a spray bottle to moisturize hair on a daily basis)
curl_Gurl
curl_Gurl

Back to top Go down

What does your personal spray bottle consist of? Empty Re: What does your personal spray bottle consist of?

Post by naturalchic 22nd July 2010, 3:33 pm

hello,

mine consists of distilled water, evoo, evco, a little glycerin, and a dash of conditioner...i add them together shake and go......question is there a reason you boil the ingredients?
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

What does your personal spray bottle consist of? Empty Re: What does your personal spray bottle consist of?

Post by curl_Gurl 22nd July 2010, 4:32 pm

I only broiled the water b/c i added a tsp of vinegar and than i let it cool to room temperature than mixed all the ingredients and shake and spray. Its totally a personal thing, i knew i wanted to add vinegar simply b/c it has like a 100 different uses so i figured i would like to add it to my hair regimen especially since it works so well with everything else and i figured if i broiled it in the water it would dilute the smell, which you can't smell it anyway b/c it was only a tbsp of vinegar..I know its weird, just a personal thang
curl_Gurl
curl_Gurl

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 22nd July 2010, 5:52 pm

I also use Giovanni direct leave in, evoo, coconut oil, and a lil bit of Castor oil..I have braids in now so I spray it on my hair daily as a moisturizer...and maybe the vinegar is causing your crunchy feeling i heard vinegar consist of a lot of acid..
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by curl_Gurl 22nd July 2010, 6:48 pm

I disagree that its the vinegar, a small amount of vinegar mixed with water will not harm the hair. Check out this site http://www.chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com/shampving.htm other chemist have also experimented with vinegar and i've watched specials on tv that ensure vinegar is okay to use on the hair. I believe I just used to much honey. Thanks for your comment.
curl_Gurl
curl_Gurl

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 23rd July 2010, 12:18 am

I use ACV rinses on my hair and they work wonders but i rinse it out with a little cold water so not sure if that will help.....you need to experiment with the ingredients, just cause something is good for hair does not mean your hair will love it, sometimes a slight adjustment could make a world of difference. What are you washing with and moisturizing with?? im just curious
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by Gado-Gado Gal 23rd July 2010, 3:01 am

A couple of months into my transition I went crazy with the spritz mixes! Leave-ins (yes, Giovanni Direct Leave-In), oils, juices, what-have-you swirled into some water - I called them my potions Very Happy But with the long list of ingredients I couldn't ever tell exactly which ingredient was producing the good or bad results. Since I like to change my sealing oil/butter depending on the weather and my mood, I decided to take those out and just use distilled water, then add one moisturizing ingredient at a time to see how it was working. I started with glycerin (33ml to 200ml water)...and haven't adding anything else because it works great! So, just glycerin and water. Moisture, shine - and no stickiness or dullness (which I blame on the GDLI). Nice and soft. I'm sure I'll try adding something else later, but this is great for now.
Gado-Gado Gal
Gado-Gado Gal

Back to top Go down

Post by curl_Gurl 23rd July 2010, 10:25 am

@ natural chic, good idea i think i need to experiment and see what works best for my hair. Well, I go to the salon every 2 weeks and on my off weeks I use Giovanni conditioner for my co-wash and Giovanni direct leave-in as my leave in. I oil my scalp with coconut oil and i seal me ends with shea butter and i apply aloe vera gel to my sides and occasionally i will use kinky curly gel on my sides but not often b/c i don't like how it dries with that white residue stuff left behind sometimes.
curl_Gurl
curl_Gurl

Back to top Go down

Post by curl_Gurl 23rd July 2010, 10:28 am

@ Gado-Gado Gal I will try just one ingredient when I make my next potion(lol) and see how that works. I think I may actually give this glycerin a try that i kept hearing everyone mentioning thanks.
curl_Gurl
curl_Gurl

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 23rd July 2010, 12:25 pm

Yeah my hair hearts glycerin!! Laughing I hope you get a concoction that your hair will love!
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 26th July 2010, 6:58 pm

i use water, HEHH conditioner, olive oil, coconut oil and honey.

@ Curl girl I know my hair gets sticky and hard when I put too much honey but if i want to smooth down flyaways I mix a little honey with some condish and kinda apply it to my hair. Takes care of the frizz without a hard stick mess.
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcakesandshoes 27th July 2010, 9:59 am

Where can I find glycerin ladies? I'm trying to concoct my own spray bottle mix today.
cupcakesandshoes
cupcakesandshoes

http://cupcakesandtiaras.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curl_Gurl 27th July 2010, 10:58 am

@ krissyc39 I will experiment with applying the honey w/my conditioner separate from the rest of the ingredients.

@naturalchic i eliminated the vinegar and the honey and added glycerin and talk about working wonders this is now my fave concoction product to use. My hair is so soft and smooth. I think I just feel in love...lol.

Thanks for the advice ladies!
curl_Gurl
curl_Gurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 27th July 2010, 5:39 pm

cupcakesandshoes wrote:Where can I find glycerin ladies? I'm trying to concoct my own spray bottle mix today.

This is my staple spritzer now. I haven't had to moistuize my hair since Saturday. But I have one spritz bottle with water and veggie glycerin and another with just water and the Hawaiian 14-n-1 Conditioner, only because I need to use it up. But, I purchased my vegetable glycerin from Amazon dot com, because I was tired to going to the local vitamin shoppe and they never had it. It has left my hair soooo soft and moisturized. HTH. By the way, love your curls!
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curl_Gurl 27th July 2010, 5:57 pm

@ cupcakesandshoes they sell the glycerin at whole food stores, vitamin stores and you may want to even check your local grocery store out(look in the organic aisle). I purchased my vegetable glycerin from a whole food store.
curl_Gurl
curl_Gurl

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcakesandshoes 27th July 2010, 9:09 pm

Thanks soooo much! Thanks guys, I'll have to go find it.
cupcakesandshoes
cupcakesandshoes

http://cupcakesandtiaras.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down