CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You only have THIRTY MINUTES!!

+19
Mimi
*CurlyNikki*
makeupvixen
techne
TruBeautyPrsprs
jamaicacurl
tiashaunteƩ
Dricka
countrychickd
naturalmommyGA
back2nap1120
dajewel
sweetdrk1
curly+kinky+fierce
Moni
brittany_smiley
Erica5417
oooop2
d.denise
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

You only have THIRTY MINUTES!! - Page 2 Empty Re: You only have THIRTY MINUTES!!

Post by makeupvixen 18th November 2009, 12:56 pm

Saturate my hair with Hawaiian Silky 14:1 Conditioner, add a flower to my hair and it's done.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

You only have THIRTY MINUTES!! - Page 2 Empty Re: You only have THIRTY MINUTES!!

Post by brittany_smiley 18th November 2009, 1:15 pm

makeupvixen ur make up is soo pretty. Lol mayb that's y its ur name duh. Lol
brittany_smiley
brittany_smiley

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?r4e80eddd&refi

Back to top Go down

Post by brittany_smiley 18th November 2009, 1:18 pm

Since I have a new style. My hair should b in 6 braids and conditioned from last night so I'd take em down comb em out and add 2 twists n the front pin wit 2 bobby pins on either side and go. Yay
brittany_smiley
brittany_smiley

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?r4e80eddd&refi

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 18th November 2009, 1:27 pm

Thank you brittany_pooh
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 18th November 2009, 2:27 pm

techne wrote:Whatever I do, I would not SATURATE my hair with water, because I look like a drowned poodle with wet hair and towel drying is against my rules. I think if it were day 3-5 of twist out I would just wet my hands, put them over my hair a couple times and put a dab of condish of the day in it and go. This is a 5 minute style that stays on me. The day after I take out the set and second day no problem, just go and day 7 I would have to do a quick braid from the bottom of my hair to the front and call it a hawk, put on some punky clothes and rock out my inner grunge (in a glamorous well accessorized way of course)

This hair is day 2, fresh from the bedtime braids and fluffed a bit. so this is all good to go.. bring on the party! [img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

This hair is day 5 and I would have to give it the above mentioned treatment.
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

I dunno if I even HAVE a picture of day 7 hair needless to say the ends are the only salvageable part in my opinion, thus the braided hawk.. Razz

Great Topic! Happy to post my first post here!

You're hair looks great in both pics! Must be nice to fluff and go for a few days without having to re-wash or wet!
What is that you're doing in the 2nd pic? Just reminds me of something I saw in a knitting video.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 18th November 2009, 2:54 pm

techne wrote:Whatever I do, I would not SATURATE my hair with water, because I look like a drowned poodle with wet hair and towel drying is against my rules. I think if it were day 3-5 of twist out I would just wet my hands, put them over my hair a couple times and put a dab of condish of the day in it and go. This is a 5 minute style that stays on me. The day after I take out the set and second day no problem, just go and day 7 I would have to do a quick braid from the bottom of my hair to the front and call it a hawk, put on some punky clothes and rock out my inner grunge (in a glamorous well accessorized way of course)

This hair is day 2, fresh from the bedtime braids and fluffed a bit. so this is all good to go.. bring on the party! [img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

I dunno if I even HAVE a picture of day 7 hair needless to say the ends are the only salvageable part in my opinion, thus the braided hawk.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

if I could get 5 day hair that looked like that I prob wouldnt have asked this question!! lol your hair looks great on both days.
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by techne 19th November 2009, 10:50 am

d.denise wrote:

I dunno if I even HAVE a picture of day 7 hair needless to say the ends are the only salvageable part in my opinion, thus the braided hawk.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

if I could get 5 day hair that looked like that I prob wouldnt have asked this question!! lol your hair looks great on both days.

Thanks so much! I was so afraid of my half black half scottish hair (I was a kid with a house roof for hair..long live the triangle fuzz!)! Until I found out how to take care of it I lived with a perpetually frizzy head and no clue what to do with it. Miraculously I never chemmed it, but I've been all natural my whole life in most ways (foods, clothes, etc,) So hair was just the next how to, and I am so happy that there are SO many awesome peeps online to help me catch up to the times! alien
techne
techne

http://needlesandscotch.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by techne 19th November 2009, 10:54 am

jamaicacurl wrote:

I dunno if I even HAVE a picture of day 7 hair needless to say the ends are the only salvageable part in my opinion, thus the braided hawk.. Razz

You're hair looks great in both pics! Must be nice to fluff and go for a few days without having to re-wash or wet!
What is that you're doing in the 2nd pic? Just reminds me of something I saw in a knitting video.

Thanks much!! It was scary at first before I got the hang of my night care!
The second photo was my attempt to make an ASL knitting video for a friend, that. Unfortunately signing and knitting at once is HARD and it fizzled. It's a sock that I was making there...
techne
techne

http://needlesandscotch.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 19th November 2009, 11:24 am

excellent idea for a thread! Loves it Smile

d.denise, whenever i see your avatar, all I can think is 'ice cream and cake and cake!' lol!!

I would pull my frizzy, old TnC into a high bun...or low side bun depending on how frizzy it is. Low buns hide frizz better than high ones Smile All I'd have to do is pull my hair up, apply a little water and shea to my edges, tie on a scarf and fluff up the bun! Add flower, and out the door!
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimi 19th November 2009, 5:17 pm

Co wash my hair, put a a leave in, and a bit of soft gel, my diffuser but still be late.

Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 20th November 2009, 9:40 am

this sounds like me this morning! hop in the shower, toss on the condish to sit while i wash up, rinse, apply leave in mixed w/ic gel, get dressed, go back to spritz w/lavendar n water, smack myself for lookin so dmn good and roll out!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisha 26th November 2009, 7:06 pm

I would either a) quickly add a moisturizer and put my hair in 4 big twists to stretch it. I would take out the twists in the car and wear a curly fro. Or b) slick it down with gel (since this is a special occasion [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) and do a puff with a side part. I might add a couple twists in the front for a bang.

Personally I think it's easier to make natural hair look nice. Our hair is an accessory in and of itself!

Aisha

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 26th November 2009, 11:47 pm

i would do a quick 5min cowash with some aussie moist, add 2 pumps of giovanni leave it, a scoop of ecostyler olive oil in front, do a high puff and throw a flower in.
some eyeliner and mascara - check
some poppin lip gloss - check
well clothes? got enough sexy black blouses to rock either jeans or stretch pants! - check

this thread makes me wanna go out.
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 28th November 2009, 12:06 pm

either pull it in a puff, bun or wet it and put some condish in

Most of my styles are created in 15mins or less (i like to hit the snooze button way too much! lol)
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2