CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NATURAL NAIL CHALLENGE

+29
funkyhairchic
Pretty_Vee
Lynnieluve
MissyCee
mstokes2008
lmw1950red
Takeya
NaturalTina
.:Eden:.
xtremelyperfect
curlista
CiaE
jac.attack
CocaColaCutie
natural813
NubieNatty
ShortNSassie
Chinita07
MEGAFAITH
WhosThatRedHead
CrissyQ
NaturalNixon
ChrsLvsBks
tiashaunteƩ
krazy coils
PaganWifey
krys419
Ms Hood
curly-me-naturally
33 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

NATURAL NAIL CHALLENGE - Page 2 Empty Re: NATURAL NAIL CHALLENGE

Post by CrissyQ 25th July 2010, 12:46 am

Good job CMN, I wish I could do them myself.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 25th July 2010, 8:18 am

Curly Me naturally your nails are looking good! I'm going to enter this challenge and try to add color to my nails and practice designs. I don't have a problem growing my nails but when they get to a certain length they do crack or split on the edges.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 25th July 2010, 9:17 am

CrissyQ wrote:Good job CMN, I wish I could do them myself.

thanks a bunch ! you can ....It just takes some practice . and hey that's why we have polish remover .lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

krazy coils wrote:Curly Me naturally your nails are looking good! I'm going to enter this challenge and try to add color to my nails and practice designs. I don't have a problem growing my nails but when they get to a certain length they do crack or split on the edges.

thanks Lady , we would love for you to join . Its really cool to see the designs to ...and its fun [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 25th July 2010, 4:45 pm

I did mines friday. they are just plain colored. i'll post the pic when I can

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAFAITH 25th July 2010, 5:55 pm

VERY COOL I WILL BE JOINING IN I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A LOVE HATE RELATIONSHIP WITH FAKE NAILS I LOVE THE LOOK BUT HATE WHAT THE DO TO MY NAILS
MEGAFAITH
MEGAFAITH

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 25th July 2010, 10:52 pm

krys315 wrote:I did mines friday. they are just plain colored. i'll post the pic when I can

Cool I can't wait to see them . and Its not the design it's just getting them done [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

MEGAFAITH wrote:VERY COOL I WILL BE JOINING IN I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A LOVE HATE RELATIONSHIP WITH FAKE NAILS I LOVE THE LOOK BUT HATE WHAT THE DO TO MY NAILS

I know what you mean ,cause if you could get them done and have no Issues with them destroying your nail bed , I would be on it . but so far I am liking my natural nail they are getting stronger since I've been taking the time to take care of them. But welcome to the challenge !
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAFAITH 25th July 2010, 11:49 pm

What are some of the things I should do to my nails
MEGAFAITH
MEGAFAITH

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 26th July 2010, 8:18 am

Hey Mega !

Well what I do to my nails is every two weeks I give myself a mani . I soak my hands in liquid soap and lotion , then push back and clip my cuticles. I file my nails to the way I want them shaped . I then apply a base coat (the base coat I use depends how I'm doing my nails)
I either use clear base coat or a white base coat that is for strengthening nails and helping polish last longer and I mostly use that one for when I polish my nail one solid color. and then I just polish or do a design . But that's just what I do .

For the challenge it whatever kind of goals you would like to achieve for your nails . I just figured If I keep them painted that they would get stronger.

But the ladies have stated some techniques above that I would like to try . but you can choose how you want to do , I do my nails once a week and manicure every 2 weeks . but do whats comfortable to you and don't forget to post pictures. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAFAITH 26th July 2010, 1:25 pm

Will be posting pictuers today did my nails last night I will keep everything u told me in mind I also feel that nail polish makes your nails stonger. Thanks for everything
MEGAFAITH
MEGAFAITH

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAFAITH 26th July 2010, 2:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

here is pic of my nails I could only get one hand [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MEGAFAITH
MEGAFAITH

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 26th July 2010, 8:42 pm

MEGAFAITH wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

here is pic of my nails I could only get one hand [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That's real nice !! what color is that ??? I like those metallic colors , you did a great job too [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAFAITH 26th July 2010, 10:04 pm

Thank you the brand is pure ice its 2 bucks at walmart. The color is call outrageous what clear nail polish do you use

Last edited by MEGAFAITH on 26th July 2010, 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
MEGAFAITH
MEGAFAITH

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 26th July 2010, 10:18 pm

well i use Santee top coat ..... i got it off ebay ....came with a bunch of colors. it helps dry quick
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinita07 29th July 2010, 2:17 am

I'm in! I have never had fake nails and I never plan to, however, i still struggle w/ my nails!

I have always had pretty thin, weak nails, even while taking supplements & i have "picked at" my nails ever since I was young! It is a nervous habit that I do only when i'm very stressed or nervous...I DONT bite them, but I peel & pick at them which is pretty gross/dumb!

Whenever they are manicured I usually leave them alone which helps, but I like to give my nails a few days off in between manicures to breathe from the chemicals, but during this time I usually break them again!

I have tried various strenghteners & the Nailtiques one DID make my nails SUPER long, strong, & hard, however it also made them REALLY brittle & dry due to the Formaldehyde & other toxic chemicals in it so I have stopped using this.

Recently I read that garlic helps to strengthen nails & I read that there were 2 ways to get the benefits:

1. Peel a clove of garlic and rub it into nail beds at night
2. Chop up little pieces of garlic, place in a bottle of clear polish, let sit for 7 days, then apply to nails

I have been rubbing the fresh clove in about every other day, & my polish w/ the pieces in it is currently "fermenting" or sitting for the 7 days but it will be ready for use this weekend!

I will fill you ladies in on whether or not I think the garlic really helps or not, and I am hoping to break this habit once and for all!

Thanks for the support!
Chinita07
Chinita07

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAFAITH 29th July 2010, 10:45 am

Maybe u should post pictuers so u can have the pressure on u not to bit might help as well thanks for the gralic tip
MEGAFAITH
MEGAFAITH

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th July 2010, 1:45 pm

Here are picture of my nails. I did them Saturday using OPI products. The pictures were taken with my Blackberry so I could post them here. (Home computer is being serviced [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .)

Left hand

Right hand
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAFAITH 29th July 2010, 2:28 pm

Very nice I will be posting some pictuers tonight of my nails
MEGAFAITH
MEGAFAITH

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 29th July 2010, 7:30 pm

Chinita07 wrote:I'm in! I have never had fake nails and I never plan to, however, i still struggle w/ my nails!

I have always had pretty thin, weak nails, even while taking supplements & i have "picked at" my nails ever since I was young! It is a nervous habit that I do only when i'm very stressed or nervous...I DONT bite them, but I peel & pick at them which is pretty gross/dumb!

Whenever they are manicured I usually leave them alone which helps, but I like to give my nails a few days off in between manicures to breathe from the chemicals, but during this time I usually break them again!

I have tried various strenghteners & the Nailtiques one DID make my nails SUPER long, strong, & hard, however it also made them REALLY brittle & dry due to the Formaldehyde & other toxic chemicals in it so I have stopped using this.

Recently I read that garlic helps to strengthen nails & I read that there were 2 ways to get the benefits:

2. Chop up little pieces of garlic, place in a bottle of clear polish, let sit for 7 days, then apply to nails

I have been rubbing the fresh clove in about every other day, & my polish w/ the pieces in it is currently "fermenting" or sitting for the 7 days but it will be ready for use this weekend!

I will fill you ladies in on whether or not I think the garlic really helps or not, and I am hoping to break this habit once and for all!

Thanks for the support!

I have the same problem, but since I have just been keeping them protected with the nail polish they have not broken on me , now the still want to peel but because I keep them polished I can't see the little bubble and when I take off the polish I just put it right back on.

So it seems to be helping [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm sure it will help you too . I also agree with Megafaith, posting will help you not to damage your nails .

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Here are picture of my nails. I did them Saturday using OPI products. The pictures were taken with my Blackberry so I could post them here. (Home computer is being serviced [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .)

Left hand

Right hand

Man Chrs......... your nails are very nice !!!! they are beautiful ....you really can't tell any o them broke ..that's good . Very nice indeed
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 30th July 2010, 12:14 pm

hey Ladies !!

It's the weekend ....whoohoo !!!
I have done my nails and they are ok . this last week has been ok for my nails but on the tips of some of my nails the corners kept chiping . It wasn't too bad but I knew I had to file it down so it didn't become a major problem.

So this week is just polish week and I just filed them so the edges would be ok . and here is the final look for my nails this week .

Hope all is well with you and can't wait to see all you ladies progress as well.....and oh my nails are growing !!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 30th July 2010, 12:18 pm

I know i have not posted pictures yet, only because my usb cord is not working. i do have pictures of last week nails and i am going today to get a polish change.
Curly, I know i am cheating LOL but to be honest with two small kids i do not have time to sit and do my nails, wait on them to dry withou them messing up. The only time i have is during lunch. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . You are doing great, keep up the good work.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 30th July 2010, 12:22 pm

@CrissyQ, Don't worry about it lady , its all what's comfortable to you , and I understand . lol But I do want to see them nails [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 30th July 2010, 2:18 pm

curly-me-naturally wrote:@CrissyQ, Don't worry about it lady , its all what's comfortable to you , and I understand . lol But I do want to see them nails [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I am going to post tonight. Promise
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinita07 31st July 2010, 12:36 am

curly-me-naturally wrote:
Chinita07 wrote:I'm in! I have never had fake nails and I never plan to, however, i still struggle w/ my nails!

Thanks for the support!

I have the same problem, but since I have just been keeping them protected with the nail polish they have not broken on me , now the still want to peel but because I keep them polished I can't see the little bubble and when I take off the polish I just put it right back on.

So it seems to be helping [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm sure it will help you too . I also agree with Megafaith, posting will help you not to damage your nails .

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Here are picture of my nails. I did them Saturday using OPI products. The pictures were taken with my Blackberry so I could post them here. (Home computer is being serviced [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .)

Left hand

Right hand

Man Chrs......... your nails are very nice !!!! they are beautiful ....you really can't tell any o them broke ..that's good . Very nice indeed

True, good idea ladies! I will post pics soon hopefully! And it really is true that if you keep them polished you're far less tempted to mess w/ them...thanks for the encouragement!
Chinita07
Chinita07

Back to top Go down

Post by ShortNSassie 1st August 2010, 5:50 pm

I have gel on my nails, but i really want to take them off and but my nails are paper thin. what do you suggest I used after i removed they usually hurt for a few days once removed.
ShortNSassie
ShortNSassie

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 1st August 2010, 10:09 pm

Curly Me Naturally I love that look! Your nails are looking great.
OK I did my nails today. I usually only wear clear polish on my nails so this is my first time in a long time using color on my finger nails.

Its not neat but I have to get used to doing my nails again.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next