CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help! I think my hair is freaking out post BC!

+2
MEGAFAITH
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
6 posters

Go down

Help! I think my hair is freaking out post BC! Empty Help! I think my hair is freaking out post BC!

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 17th July 2010, 3:14 pm

So I am about a week post BC and I think my hair just realized what I did to it b/c all of the sudden it seems to be freaking out! I wasn't having any problems at first and then its like all of the sudden yesterday my hair has a meltdown. I'm experiencing dryness a little itchiness and I have realized that my hair completely lacks shape and some of the curls just look limp. I wake up and my hair looks like the end of a q-tip!! My wash n go is not even falling right. I really am not sure what to do. I'm wondering if there are still some straight ends left in there or something. Or maybe I'm co-washing too much...I don't know! Did any of you experience any of this immediately following your BC? What should I do for moisture? Did any of you have your hair shaped after the BC? Please help cuz I don't want to feel this way about my hair but I am kinda regretting chopping now...is this normal? What do you think I should do? Sad

Back to top Go down

Help! I think my hair is freaking out post BC! Empty Re: Help! I think my hair is freaking out post BC!

Post by MEGAFAITH 17th July 2010, 4:09 pm

1. claryfing shampoo (Shea moistuers is pretty Good it is sold at target)
2. just think moisture your hair has memory so its trying to to remember when this happend to me I would spray my hair day and night with water and use a leave in condish.(myword). for stlying i would use a eco stlyer with evvoo this stuff is good and so is the price
3. Co washing maybe 2X a week with herbal essance totally twisted or hello hydration
4. just keep in mind it takes time to learn your hair it will come i hope this helps u [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
oh yeah im about 2 months post bc this a old pic of when i was natural the first time around
MEGAFAITH
MEGAFAITH

Back to top Go down

Help! I think my hair is freaking out post BC! Empty Re: Help! I think my hair is freaking out post BC!

Post by Muz 17th July 2010, 5:30 pm

Once a week Deep Condition with your favorite Deep Conditioner, and add raw honey and EVOO Smile I've been doing this for the last month or so and my hair LOVES it (it wasn't particularly dry to begin with, but I did recently BC and one thing I made sure to do consistently was DC every week even without adding the honey and EVOO I think that was a huge help).

Also, keep moisture on it (as in water and water-based leave in conditioners) and seal with oils.

Just remember to keep it simple and give it time. And a lot of times less is more Smile
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 17th July 2010, 6:55 pm

Hang in there. We BC'd the same time. I'm having moisture issues also. I noticed that when I DC'd on Wednesday, my hair has been more softer than when I walked out of the salon last Sat. I did the Kimmaytube leave in conditioner earlier and my hair is soft. My problem is trying to keep a shape and get curls. After I put all of my products in,while it's still wet, I gently lift the hair with my rattail comb to give it some kind of shape. I saw this on one of the youtube videos. I'll let you know anything else I come across. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 17th July 2010, 8:00 pm

I recently BC'd and one thing I try to do is make sure my hair is moisturized as much as possible. I spritz water and oil on it whenever it feels dry or some leave in conditioner. It usually feels the extremely dry when I wake up in the morning so I try to spritz it at night and put some leave in conditioner and shea butter on it before I go to sleep. This morning my hair was softer than usual.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 17th July 2010, 8:10 pm

I agree with Megafaith that you may want to clarify from build up and then deep condition. Usually when my hair is limp, it's because it has build up or has been over conditoned. I have just been wetting my hair instead of cowashing because the silicones in hehh were building up in my hair. Be patient too because some days are just going to be bad hair days just like if you were relaxed.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 17th July 2010, 8:46 pm

Thanx for the responses girls. I ran out and went to a hair salon that has a stylist in there who does natural hair and unloaded my problems on her (thats how bad my hair looked lol) So she shaped my hair, told me that I had had a lot of split ends (probably from chopping my hair myself with regular scissors...not 2 smart) and that that was contributing a lot to the frizz and stringiness. She also told my the same thing you guys are telling me moisturize moisturize moisturize! So I bought some of the elasta qp mango butter moisturizer and I'm gonna try that out. (anybody ever tried it?) So anyway my hair looks way better than earlier now that the splits are gone and theres a shape cut into my hair and its been deep conditioned. Whew! Ok..crisis averted for now. But yea freckled mom i think youre right and I'm going to try to remember that I will still have bad hair days. And i do need patience...not really something i'm known for lol You ladies are a godsend! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down