CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My hair is a mess post Flat Iron!! what do you do??

4 posters

Go down

My hair is a mess post Flat Iron!! what do you do?? Empty My hair is a mess post Flat Iron!! what do you do??

Post by mikaj 4th November 2010, 10:23 pm

Every now and then I blow dry and flat iron my hair, i wear it like that for about a week. When I wash it to wear it curly again it's a hot mess!! It's takes so much to get the normal curl and texture back. I guess it gets back to normal eventually, but i feel like its an arduous process. What do you all do to get your texture back fast?
mikaj
mikaj

Back to top Go down

My hair is a mess post Flat Iron!! what do you do?? Empty Re: My hair is a mess post Flat Iron!! what do you do??

Post by naturallychelsea 4th November 2010, 10:28 pm

Protein treatment and DC like it is going out of style. Very Happy
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

My hair is a mess post Flat Iron!! what do you do?? Empty Re: My hair is a mess post Flat Iron!! what do you do??

Post by mikaj 4th November 2010, 10:43 pm

i know nothin of protein treatments. any suggestions?
mikaj
mikaj

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 4th November 2010, 11:03 pm

Well I love a mixture of eggs (1 for shorter and 2 for longer hair) and oil. However if it needs to sit for longer I add conditioner to it to prevent it from running down my neck.

You could also invest in some commercial protein treatments like ApHogee Two Step Protein Treatment
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 4th November 2010, 11:07 pm

I prepoo with a warmed cheapy conditioner mixed with a little coconut oil, olive oil and jojoba. Those are just my favorite oils and I only use a little. I slather the mixed conditioner on my hair until its completely saturated. Then cover with a warm damp tshirt and cap. Leave it on for about 30 minutes and my curls are back.

Then I wash like normal. I find I don't have to use a lot of shampoo with this method. You could use a protein conditioner. Suave and V05 have a some protein conditioners for a less than 2 dollars.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 5th November 2010, 9:21 am

I'm on a challenge to use no heat for a year but I hear that you should also make sure to use a heat protector on your hair when flat ironing to protect your curls because you can actually damage your hair to the point of losing them. Sad
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mikaj 5th November 2010, 11:22 am

thanks for the tips ! This is day two of conditioning and gobs of Kinky Curly and it's almost back, but still pretty puffy. Im going to try a protein treatment tonight and see how that goes. If i can master this I'd like to straighten my hair at least once a month. Walking around with a wet head in the winter is no bueno. thanks!!
mikaj
mikaj

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 5th November 2010, 5:05 pm

I know what you mean but I'm contemplatng braids. Good luck tho Very Happy
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down