CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silk scarves

+3
Niqui36
KinkyNappyHappy
R2D2
7 posters

Go down

Silk scarves Empty Silk scarves

Post by R2D2 17th July 2010, 7:36 am

Hi all,

I've been using scarves from pretty wrap at night for some time now. I love how easy it is to use them and the fact that they stay on my head all night. However, they are expensive and the elastic in them lasts for about 6 months when worn regularly.

I'm thinking about just using silk squares and tying them on my head. It's cheaper and would bypass the elastic issue. My only concern is getting the silk squares to stay on my head all night. How do people go with that? Do you add anything such as clips or head bands to secure the scarf into place? Or do you find that it just stays on regardless?

Would appreciate some ideas Smile I did make myself some satin pillowcases a few years ago which are still going strong, so that is a back up that I have.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Silk scarves Empty Re: Silk scarves

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 17th July 2010, 9:27 am

This is a good question R2D2......have you tried satin caps?
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 17th July 2010, 9:55 am

I've never had a problem with the scarves staying on at night. I don't use clips or anything to hold it in place. I just either tie it in the back or the front depending on how my hair is. My 6 year old however always comes out of her scarf during the night. Not sure if its just because her head is smaller or because she's a wild sleeper. They are really cheap though so its worth a try. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 17th July 2010, 12:34 pm

try cutting the satin into a triangle maybe? then you could make a good knot in the back? i don't know. i'm still figuring out teh easiest way to sleep. how did you make the satin pillow cases?

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 17th July 2010, 2:19 pm

If you buy a longer one or more of a rectangular shape, you can tie it in the front first and then the back, or the reverse. This is what I do to help mine stay on at night.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 17th July 2010, 2:54 pm

At Walmart for $2.88, I bought the "Stay On" Satin wrap that is rectangular shape and you tie it on. I wear it alone or over my satin bonnet, depending on the style.
HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 17th July 2010, 3:15 pm

I've never had a problem with them staying on at night but I also put a satin bonnet on top just in case the scarf happens to come off.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 17th July 2010, 8:28 pm

Thanks for the responses, it does sound like it's possible to tie it in such a way to keep it on. Perhaps I can combine with the old pretty wrap scarves as well and use them like a cap underneath the scarf!

@Happycurly, I think I found a pattern for pillow cases on the internet, bought the satin from a fabric store and followed that. I am a very basic sewer and it was surprisingly easy. I'm amazed at how long they have lasted too. They would make great gifts to others I would think.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down