CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dry Twist Out

4 posters

Go down

Dry Twist Out Empty Dry Twist Out

Post by BlakButterfli 16th July 2010, 4:43 pm

Ladies, can someone please tell me the best way to dry your hair for a dry twist-out?

I have a ton of shrinkage which make me look like I BC'd yesterday, when I've been natural for almost 3 years. I've given up on longer hair, so I just want to maximize the hair that I have.

After I wash and condition my hair, how do I dry it so the maximum length is availalbe for me to twist? Also, what products are good for a nice twist-out that aren't water-based?
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Dry Twist Out Empty Re: Dry Twist Out

Post by CocaColaCutie 16th July 2010, 4:47 pm

After a wash/condish session I put my leave-in on and let my hair airdry in about 6 to 8 twists--you could do braids for more elongation. Then once it's 95 percent dry I put on moisturizer and then follow that up with Eco Custard (a gel/oil mix). It gives me elongation, hold, definition, sheen! I love it! Oh, and the oils really keep the gel from crunching up on you.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 16th July 2010, 4:52 pm

CocaColaCutie - so, I should twist my hair as soon as I'm out of the shower and let it airdry? My hair shrinks so much when it's wet - won't it still be shrunken after I twist it and let it airdry or am I missing something?

I guess I'm not seeing how twisting wet will give me elongation when my hair is already shrinking.

Thanks! And what's in your eco mix?
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 16th July 2010, 5:06 pm

Sorry I forgot to say that I twist damp hair and let that air dry. I blot out the excess water with a t-shirt or microfiber towel.

As for the eco mix:

it's 1/2 cup of eco styler gel (i use the olive oil kind)
1 tbsp castor oil
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp avocado oil.

It's a mix Shee shared with me from a YouTuber, inspiredcoils. I tried it and have been hooked on it!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Napstrong 16th July 2010, 7:01 pm

I do 6-8 two jumbo twist right after blot drying. This works for me. I find i get the maximum stretch when i retwist maybe the next night.

Last edited by Napstrong on 16th July 2010, 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Napstrong
Napstrong

Back to top Go down

Post by FloridaSunshiny 24th July 2010, 5:56 pm

When I do a dry twist out, I let my hair air dry. After it's dry, I twist with Jane Carter Solution's Twist n' Lock. I'll do small twists to get big hair with more defined curls and big twists for more of a wave.
FloridaSunshiny
FloridaSunshiny

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 26th July 2010, 10:59 pm

Thanks guys! I will definitely try the mix and see how that works. I washed and DC'd my hair tonight and twisted it after towel-blotting. I'm sure it will be shrunken in the morning, but am hoping the second night twist-out will look bigger and better.
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down