CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curls Products

+4
EMarie
Renny
kelleemudiva
shorty2010
8 posters

Go down

Curls Products Empty Curls Products

Post by shorty2010 17th November 2010, 7:05 pm

What is your feedback on the product Curls? Bought the goddess curls today,have not tryed it yet but am thinking about it, and do you have to use the Lavish curls mositurizer? Water/oil has worked ok, just not looking for a moisturize to dry my hair out. No

shorty2010

Back to top Go down

Curls Products Empty Re: Curls Products

Post by kelleemudiva 29th November 2010, 4:08 pm

Hi shorty2010

I have used the Curls line sold in target (lavish curls and creme brule). The lavish curls I give a 7 out of 10 only because I did not feel that I needed to repurchase. I actually started making my own moisturizer spray and I works the same if not better the the lavish curls. When I did use it my hair was moisturized. I have also used the creme brule with eco sytler gel to define my curls. I had to layer with eco stlyer to get hold. I hope this helps.
kelleemudiva
kelleemudiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 30th November 2010, 7:22 pm

I've been using the Curls Whipped Cream and Quenched Curls (from the professional line). I tried Curl's Goddess. Hated it. Made my hair hard like a brick.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 30th November 2010, 8:04 pm

I bought Curls Milkshake and the souffle from Curlmart last week! I used them both to do a twist out yesterday and so far so good....I havent taken the twists out because it is raining here but I will tomorrow...I can tell you my hair feels soft and moisturized so fingers crossed I have minimal frizz!!
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 1st December 2010, 7:38 pm

I received the Curls Creme Brulee in a product swap a couple of weeks ago.

The smell of the product is STRONG. But, Creme Brulee is actually my FAV dessert, so I didnt' mind it too much. I conditioned my hair and applied the product in the shower, as it says your hair needs to be wet. That gave me KCCC drying time nightmares. But...

...it didn't take this long to dry at all. I've always used gels (DB Coiling Curls, Eco Styler, KCCC) to do my WnG's and using a cream was a nice alternative for me. My hair felt conditioned and coated if that makes sense and was mostly dry before I got to work. I didn't have as much shrinkage as I normally do either.

Now, the product line suggests you use the Lavish Curls Moisturizer to revive your 2nd day hair. The second ingredient on this is glycerin and since I really don't understand how glycerin works, I used it. I live in the Dallas, TX area and our weather has been really dry and cold the past couple of days. My hair got dry and now I'm wondering if glycerin was the cause. I'm not going to swap it or give the Lavish Curls away - it may turn into a summer product. I don't know, as Dallas does not get very humid and I think you use glycernin when it's humid. I don't know.
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 1st December 2010, 10:14 pm

I really like the Creme Brulee. It works well when I twist or braid on washday and if I need to re-moisturize my hair at night during the week, I can dampen my hands and apply it. Sometimes I apply it with either Curls Goddess gel or DM Miracurl. Either way, it works like a charm for me. I received and used the Milkshake sample and I really liked it. However, I did not like the Quenched curls sample. I found it sticky and there was something about the smell that was offputting.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 2nd December 2010, 3:01 am

Hmmm .. let me see

Curls Moisturizer - Hate it. Did nothing for my hair and felt like I needed to apply way too much.

Curls Sublime Conditioner - Love it for a leave in because its very light and smells delicious but not too thrilled about it for a co wash.

Curls Goddess Glaze - Not so crazy about it. It gives great definition and shine but it leaves my hair so freaking sticky.

Curls Whipped Cream - Ok. It gives nice definition and shine but I don't like the sticky residue feeling it gives your hair. Nice for two strand twist if you plan to leave in for a few days. Sticky feeling then goes away after two days.

Curls Souffle - I really like it because it gives your hair nice definition and shine oh and soft but it dries my hair out so I'll only use it for my twist outs if I'm going out or for a wash and go mixed with some gel.

Curls Gelsc - I actually like this and use this for WNG's if I'm going out and need to do something to my hair quick.

Curls Cleansing Cream - Is pretty good but I'm not really into cleansing creams. Once a month I'll just use an SLS free shampoo. This product does smelly yummy I must say. Very Happy
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by purplec18 7th December 2010, 12:50 pm

has anyone ever used the curls ecstacy conditioner i wanna buy it for my staple conditioner...i have 4a/b hair...
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down