CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm crying

+10
Mangos&Bananas
swoodward
AshElleAye
oooop2
jeca
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
Napp_Napp_Cat
lena73
chocolate-kinks
14 posters

Go down

I'm crying Empty I'm crying

Post by chocolate-kinks 5th July 2010, 5:54 am

So I'm doing a protective style. The crochet braids to be exact. I decided I wanted to change something in the design and had to cut out the hair. In the process I cut my hair. OMG I am literally crying here. This is like the worst summer for me and I'm having such a difficult time and now this. I am so hurt. I have so many issues with my hair growth and now this. I cant belive this. I know its just hair and it will grow back eventually, but omg why. I am so aggravated right now and I feel to just cut everything off right now. My mother is also really pissing me off. She just making it totally worst. I'm just going through a lot right now and cant be bothered.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

I'm crying Empty Re: I'm crying

Post by lena73 5th July 2010, 8:30 am

it will be ok, i know you prolly heard that already but it will.
if you want, u can use this as an opportunity to do the protective styling a lil longer.
HTH
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by Napp_Napp_Cat 5th July 2010, 9:37 am

I agree with Lena! I know you might be upset about it now but eventually you will see the beauty in it. I would suggest that you watch some youtube videos with people with a similar length as yours and try to do those styles or you can continue to wear protective styles.

Dont worry CK, it will get better! No worries just try to think positive about it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Napp_Napp_Cat
Napp_Napp_Cat

http://theabccollege.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th July 2010, 10:13 am

*hugs* finish up the protective styling, like you said it's just hair, it will grow back. Also sometimes you need to purge, so go on an cry! Get it all out, then put your makeup on and have photo moment!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 5th July 2010, 3:03 pm

Thanks all. I feel like cutting it all off again. I've just been so stressed out these days and this for sure made it way worst.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 5th July 2010, 3:17 pm

The other ladies gave you great advice. Dont cut it all off!!! (back away from the scissors). You feel this way because you are upset. Wait a few days and if you still feel like you want to cut it then do it later.

Dont take your frustration out on your hair......you will regret it.

**hugs**
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 5th July 2010, 3:21 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:The other ladies gave you great advice. Dont cut it all off!!! (back away from the scissors). You feel this way because you are upset. Wait a few days and if you still feel like you want to cut it then do it later.

Dont take your frustration out on your hair......you will regret it.

**hugs**

Thanks. I never could understand why I am having so much issues. I think I'm going to do a 6 month protective challenge. I cut off at least 2 inches of my hair, so I am really hurt right now
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by jeca 5th July 2010, 3:31 pm

This happened to me just a few weeks ago. I got talked into doing my very first weave as a protective style. My hair was braided so tightly in the weave when I tried to take it out I ended up snipping several braids. The most obvious is by right ear where the hair is now no longer than my thumb tip. I feel you on the tears. My hair already grows uneven so it just broke my heart, still does. As everyone already said it is hair and it will grow again.
jeca
jeca

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 5th July 2010, 3:47 pm

jeca wrote:This happened to me just a few weeks ago. I got talked into doing my very first weave as a protective style. My hair was braided so tightly in the weave when I tried to take it out I ended up snipping several braids. The most obvious is by right ear where the hair is now no longer than my thumb tip. I feel you on the tears. My hair already grows uneven so it just broke my heart, still does. As everyone already said it is hair and it will grow again.

I'm def going to be protecting it with twist from now.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 5th July 2010, 4:06 pm

Did you cut it off throughout or just in a small section?

I know your are frustrated, but maybe you can salvage your hair and not have to cut anymore.
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 5th July 2010, 4:21 pm

oooop2 wrote:Did you cut it off throughout or just in a small section?

I know your are frustrated, but maybe you can salvage your hair and not have to cut anymore.

I cut like a good amount of the left side. I'll take a pic and post it.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by AshElleAye 5th July 2010, 6:17 pm

Aww boo....I'm sorry. Don't get discouraged. We all have our moments. Smile
AshElleAye
AshElleAye

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 5th July 2010, 7:57 pm

the wonderful thing about kinky or curly hair is the curl - it can hide a multitude of bad hair sins. If it's just a small section you can probably hide it with twists, a twist out or strategically placed barrettes or flowers in between protective styles. (I think a good proective style should last about a month. )

Now, thinking about losing the two inches, hair grows (on average) about a half inch a month. So that was at least a few months of hard work you lost but it will grow back. Does your hair grow evenly all over or more on one side or the other? Are small trims an alternative to cutting it even? 6 months of protective styles sounds like a good idea, and at the end of each month you can take stock of your progress.

Happens to a LOT of us. Give yourself some time.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas 5th July 2010, 8:38 pm

Really Sorry about your hair love.No worries though [ like previously stated] it'll grow back. Hair is enough to make any of us cry, my guess is you're just really upset about your summer in general. Whenever you feel like crying, you should do it!It makes everything feel better, even if just temporarily! :-). Itll get better though!

&& yes, maybe now you can challenge yourself to a beauutiful protective style, thatll last you longer. :-)
Mangos&Bananas
Mangos&Bananas

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 6th July 2010, 1:26 am

https://i.servimg.com/u/f34/15/04/95/94/image111.jpg this should be about the length that I chopped off or a little shorter.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f34/15/04/95/94/image110.jpg accidental cutting
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 6th July 2010, 2:16 pm

swoodward wrote:the wonderful thing about kinky or curly hair is the curl - it can hide a multitude of bad hair sins. If it's just a small section you can probably hide it with twists, a twist out or strategically placed barrettes or flowers in between protective styles. (I think a good proective style should last about a month. )

Now, thinking about losing the two inches, hair grows (on average) about a half inch a month. So that was at least a few months of hard work you lost but it will grow back. Does your hair grow evenly all over or more on one side or the other? Are small trims an alternative to cutting it even? 6 months of protective styles sounds like a good idea, and at the end of each month you can take stock of your progress.

Happens to a LOT of us. Give yourself some time.

The middle of my head grows a lot quicker than everything else. My hair has been having major growth issues. I stunted my growth and it doesnt want to unstunt.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 6th July 2010, 10:21 pm

oooop2 wrote:Did you cut it off throughout or just in a small section?

In a small section.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 8th July 2010, 10:24 pm

Awww...I'm sorry. It'll grow back faster than you think though. 
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 8th July 2010, 11:07 pm

Don't cut it! It will grow back. Keep your head up ok?
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 9th July 2010, 1:44 pm

nattyblog wrote:Awww...I'm sorry. It'll grow back faster than you think though. 

Thanks. I hope so.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 9th July 2010, 1:59 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:Don't cut it! It will grow back. Keep your head up ok?

Thanks. I'm trying. I'm going to be on a protective hair styling challenge for about 6 to 7 months. Hope my hair grows a lot.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 9th July 2010, 2:17 pm

chocolate-kinks I know how you feel. I did the same thing a year ago when I was taking out some twists. I didn't even realize it until a few days later and noticed how lopsided my hair looked when I combed it out.

Firstly, its okay to cry and be upset. Give yourself a moment and back away from the scissors. Like everyone said you can def hide the shorter parts with twsits or braids. Use it as an excuse to buy fantabulous headbands and clips. I see you're in NYC so there are plenty of shops to find stuff in.

It will grow back. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th July 2010, 2:35 pm

Well...I will not tell you the obvious...so just try to embrace this and look for cute styles that will hide the cut!!! I know how you feel...I started doing a S&D and now my left side is shorter than the right..in the back. **laughing at myself** If you laugh at yourself it won't seem so bad!!

((real big tight hug))
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down