CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sometimes I have to laugh to keep from crying

2 posters

Go down

Sometimes I have to laugh to keep from crying Empty Sometimes I have to laugh to keep from crying

Post by iculukin 27th November 2010, 9:18 pm

I went to my friends funeral today while at the repast they gave a few people a locket that had my friends ashes in it. Well a mutual friend of ours had a locket and her six year old daughter wanted so bad to hold the locket... well as soon as my friend said be very careful with it the little girl dropped it and it it the table and fell in her lap. Next thing we see the little girl is brushing this dust of her dress... we were horrified, my friend was embarrassed and all we could do was look at each other and laugh at this point... we all miss our dear friend I bet she is laughing at how we looked at that moment. It was a very sad day but that laughter that we all shared we knew it was gonna be alright... sometimes you just have to laugh to break up all the tears!!
{RIP Shell 8/19/78-112/21/10}
iculukin
iculukin

Back to top Go down

Sometimes I have to laugh to keep from crying Empty Re: Sometimes I have to laugh to keep from crying

Post by TiffNotANY 1st December 2010, 5:16 am

I'm so sorry for your loss. I definitely believe your friend got a laugh out of that moment. Laughter can keep the tears away and may bring happy tears but remember the good times. I remember when I went to a friend's funeral and the entire time I wanted to cry but these 2 boys behind me kept asking questions that had me and my friends laughing (we covered our faces to hide it), I knew it was my friend b/c he wouldn't want us sad.
TiffNotANY
TiffNotANY

Back to top Go down