CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about curl pattern while transitioning.

5 posters

Go down

Question about curl pattern while transitioning. Empty Question about curl pattern while transitioning.

Post by aeclark23 5th July 2010, 3:06 am

Hi I am transitioning from a perm decided to finally go natural. One question, my last perm was in feb, I can already feel my coils but the front of my head in the crown area is still straight no wavy or any thing. Can some one tell me why my crown area is still straight.

aeclark23

Back to top Go down

Question about curl pattern while transitioning. Empty Re: Question about curl pattern while transitioning.

Post by Naturally Esq 5th July 2010, 12:40 pm

Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Question about curl pattern while transitioning. Empty Re: Question about curl pattern while transitioning.

Post by aeclark23 5th July 2010, 3:48 pm

It could be, I know from the last two years that I had been perming it the back and side area would be full of newgrowth but that front area wouldn't have any and plus its thin in the front area. It's not thick or anything its just straight. So I guess I will just wait a few more months to see if I can start to see a wave pattern.

aeclark23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 5th July 2010, 4:23 pm

Its also possible that the section your talking about just has an extremely loose curl pattern, there are two sections in my hair in the top and back that didn't seem to curl up either. The hair is very straight and smooth, I only see some texture when it is completely saturated with water and product. So it may not necessarily be damaged, it could be the curl pattern....
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 5th July 2010, 4:50 pm

I have a feeling it is scab hair. The parts of the hair that have had the most relaxer over the years. The hair comes out from inside your scalp. The relaxer had seeped into your skin and therefore the hair that comes out is some natural with some relaxer in it.

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by aeclark23 5th July 2010, 5:44 pm

@ Ms.Fenty I thought about that too and krys315 yes I do believe that it a section that had the most relaxer on it. I plan to transition for a long time. I don't plan on bcing. Thanks ladies for the input.

aeclark23

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 5th July 2010, 5:50 pm

No problem!! I'm sure in the next few months you will see your curls coming through in that area

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 6th July 2010, 5:31 pm

That area of my hair grows very slowly and for a while I didn't see any new growth. It could be a number of things, but that is definitely the area where I used the most relaxer, because I wanted smooth edges. I also used a lot of relaxer right in the middle of head, at the very top, but that area grows like a weed! I have the most new growth in that area. I say just wait it out or take a closer look at it when its wet and see if you notice some curls/waves.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by aeclark23 6th July 2010, 10:47 pm

Thanks Ebbz I will check in a couple of months then.

aeclark23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down