CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#natural hair Twitter beef

+6
Juices-n-Berries
Neems
goombagirl
luvinlife225
thetiffany
AshElleAye
10 posters

Go down

#natural hair Twitter beef Empty #natural hair Twitter beef

Post by AshElleAye 30th June 2010, 9:57 am

So....I've had an interesting couple of days. As some of y'all know, I bc'd a month ago. As a result....I've been very excited about it and talking and tweeting relentlessly about it. I also had a chat I had to promote. Well, it seems like some people don't like my talking about natural hair. The other night, there was a trending topic, #icanttakeyouseriously. Long story short, someone took an indirect shot at me (didn't say my name), another co-signed and someone else eventually tweeted something with an expletive or two in it. Needless, to say I was pissed. I've made up two of them for the most part and the other one is deleted out of my life. It's pissed me off so bad that I've barely tweeted about natural hair. On one end, I can see where they're coming from and I'm going to tone it down a bit. On the other hand, I feel it's a bit unfair to make me censor myself. I'm considering making another twitter for promo purposes. Help? pale
AshElleAye
AshElleAye

Back to top Go down

#natural hair Twitter beef Empty Re: #natural hair Twitter beef

Post by thetiffany 30th June 2010, 10:10 am

these social networks are sometimes just like the society we live in today. ppl cant accept natural hair, because sadly we are programmed to think that only straight hair looks good. that stinks u got attacked and feel like you cant tweet about your hair. you were right in deleting whomever didnt wanna hear what u had to say. im, sure there are plently of natural curly tweeters that would love to join you in "nair tweets"
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by luvinlife225 30th June 2010, 10:12 am

I agree with the pp. Tweet away. I'm sure there are plenty of folks who would love to hear what you have to say about natural hair.
luvinlife225
luvinlife225

Back to top Go down

Post by AshElleAye 30th June 2010, 10:39 am

Sad thing is....2 out of the 3 girls are actually natural.
AshElleAye
AshElleAye

Back to top Go down

Post by goombagirl 30th June 2010, 10:42 am

Who hasn't gotten into a twitter/facebook beef? I wouldn't trip off of it if I were you, however, if you have a blog or site that you'd like to promote, I'd create an alternate "identity" exclusively for that. It's just more professional IMO. I tweet relentlessly and there are things I tweet that are on a more personal level that I'd rather not have clients/patrons/visitors know about.
goombagirl
goombagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 30th June 2010, 10:47 am

I think you should tweet away. However, make a seperate identity for promo purposes. Otherwise take what people say with a grain of salt. I was following the natural chat after the Essence natural chat and I think some of the essence supporters were offended that natural women didn't think they were helpful. IMO, essence sends out contradictory messages.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 30th June 2010, 12:50 pm

I actually did make a separate Twitter account for natural hair. My usual twitter name is MissLeggz. For natural hair I used JuicesnBerriez. I didn't do it as a censor for my natural hair though it was actually the opposite. Lol. I say quite a few things on my MissLeggz account that are... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and since some people only follow me for natural hair, they might be like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . All in all, my thought is that IT'S JUST TWITTER. I feel like twitter is the place you can say whatever you want. If they have a problem with something you say, they can unfollow you. End of story.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 30th June 2010, 9:21 pm

I don't know what exactly you've said on twitter, but excessive talking about anything can become annoying to some people. I've been natural all my life and the most I ever talk about my hair to anyone is on this message board. I have a couple of friends that went natural when we were in college and they drove me CRAZY talking about their hair. I'm not saying people should beef with you about it, but just know that there's only so much someone can take when you stay talking about the same topic.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by AshElleAye 30th June 2010, 9:50 pm

BajanPrincess82 wrote:I don't know what exactly you've said on twitter, but excessive talking about anything can become annoying to some people. I've been natural all my life and the most I ever talk about my hair to anyone is on this message board. I have a couple of friends that went natural when we were in college and they drove me CRAZY talking about their hair. I'm not saying people should beef with you about it, but just know that there's only so much someone can take when you stay talking about the same topic.

I see what you're saying and I told them I'd tone it down and I have. My issue was the way they went about it. Why the rudeness and subtweeting.
AshElleAye
AshElleAye

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 30th June 2010, 10:03 pm

Yeah, I agree. That was unnecessary and childish of them.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas 1st July 2010, 4:11 am

Hey ASH,

girl dont take that social networking to seriously.things can be misinterpreted when they are 'read' and not 'said'. the internet is fun because its a 'get away', be careful not to turn it into real life.lol. & dont be shocked that they are naturals either; i agreed w/ bajan- its not the content of what you were saying, it was probably the excessiveness.nothing exceeds like excess!! lol. and you said you deleted one? If they are good friends, and/or even associates,I would advise you not to throw them away, as tempting as it may be. lol.not over something as trivial as twitter. agreeed, it was rude.& really tastless, but by all means dont take it to the heart, you didnt do anything wrong.Really hope it works out for you :-)
Mangos&Bananas
Mangos&Bananas

Back to top Go down

Post by missqueenlene 3rd July 2010, 9:41 pm

Some ppl are just petty. Why take an indirect shot? They could've told you it was getting annoying directly. I experienced something similar today.
Its funny because on FB i don't even talk about my hair...I simply post pics of me living my life and today someone took an indirect shot at me. ( I know this because she posted a status about how much she hates the natural hair trend 2 minutes after I posted my pics).

I dont plan on addressing her because its Facebook and I dont do internet beefs...but its different from your situation because this is an associate not a friend so she's irrelevant lol
missqueenlene
missqueenlene

Back to top Go down

Post by AshElleAye 3rd July 2010, 9:47 pm

missqueenlene wrote:Some ppl are just petty. Why take an indirect shot? They could've told you it was getting annoying directly. I experienced something similar today.
Its funny because on FB i don't even talk about my hair...I simply post pics of me living my life and today someone took an indirect shot at me. ( I know this because she posted a status about how much she hates the natural hair trend 2 minutes after I posted my pics).

I dont plan on addressing her because its Facebook and I dont do internet beefs...but its different from your situation because this is an associate not a friend so she's irrelevant lol

Exactly and that's what I told them. I wasn't mad over the fact that they were annoyed, I just wished they didn't punk out and subtweet. Even the one that used expletives didn't put my name first. If you got something to say to me, say it to my darn face or just delete/unfollow me.
AshElleAye
AshElleAye

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyFree 4th July 2010, 9:50 pm

I'm probably late but tweet your heart out....point blank and period...its easier to delete or rather unfollow people than it is to hold in what your happy about ; that being your #naturalhair !!! so I would've tweeted "#icanttakeyouseriously when u take shots @ my natural hair and have nothing else better to do, your mad @ yourself not @ #iforgiveyou" LOLOL...i'm just saying do you lady don't let twitter haters steal your shine or anyone for that matter!!
BeautifullyFree
BeautifullyFree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down