CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twitter and my natural hair

+8
dajewel
MsLizziA
Ekaette
sweetdrk1
NubieNatty
yoli
jlowman1
hayylee
12 posters

Go down

Twitter and my natural hair Empty Twitter and my natural hair

Post by hayylee 24th January 2010, 4:58 pm

So, I did some 2 strand twist in my hair and wore it like that to a party. I come home to find a picture of my hair on this girls Twitter page and her friends and her were talking about me. It hurt sooo bad cause it was people who I didn't personally know and people who I would have never thought would do such a mean/rude/immature thing. I responded to the girl saying it was disrespectful...blah blah blah (and that just added more fuel to the fire) just for her to say it was all in fun and I took it too serious. Lesson I learned not everone will like your hair and some people will be cruel about it. I could have handled it better but when someone publicly humiliates you all rational thoughts go out the window. Pray for me ladies, I need it.

Last edited by hayylee on 24th January 2010, 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
hayylee
hayylee

Back to top Go down

Twitter and my natural hair Empty Re: Twitter and my natural hair

Post by jlowman1 24th January 2010, 5:04 pm

Im praying for you girl. I think we all go through humiliating moments as naturals. I constantly hear people whispering about my hair when I walk by and you know what it does hurt but I hold my head up higher and twist a lil harder. I know who I made this decision for and thats all that matters. Screw others opinion, most that hate secretly wish they could have what you have! You and your hair are BEAUTIFUL!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Twitter and my natural hair Empty Haters 'gonna hate...

Post by yoli 24th January 2010, 11:24 pm

I was completely natural through most of high school and part of college. (Wore a afro then... I'm going natural again). I don't remember people talking bad about my hair. They probably did.... but baby I always try to make myself feel FIERCE, so hater's chatter was probably drowned out by my confidence! I had plenty of guys who liked me, and girls who wanted to pull on my curls--lol.

Before I even read your post I looked at your profile picture and smiled. Your 'fro is FIERCE! The fact that those girls had to go away from a party where they should have been having fun (instead of being busy thinking about what other people look like or where wearing) shows that they weren't just having fun when they were talking about you... they were hating and letting off frustration. I mean my GOD--you're that beautiful that they just couldn't stop thinking and talking about YOU. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] It reeks of their low self-confidence, and the fact that a lot of women get intimidated by natural beauty.

Forget them... rock your look.... god made you beautiful and haters can't take it.
yoli
yoli

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 24th January 2010, 11:41 pm

hayylee your fro is definitely fierce **waving pointer finger** and those haters are mad cuz they walkin around looking like everybody else and wish they had the ballz to even attempt to be apart of your natural journey! my lil sister laughs in my face but i shet that azz up when i start talkin bout how her edges look sizzled and sauteed from that dmn perm! DONT PHK WIT MY HAIR CUZ I'LL CUT A BYTCH!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ok wait, did i say that out loud, i had to vent that! i take it personal when people try to clown my CN fam, lol.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 24th January 2010, 11:46 pm

yoli wrote:I was completely natural through most of high school and part of college. (Wore a afro then... I'm going natural again). I don't remember people talking bad about my hair. They probably did.... but baby I always try to make myself feel FIERCE, so hater's chatter was probably drowned out by my confidence! I had plenty of guys who liked me, and girls who wanted to pull on my curls--lol.

Before I even read your post I looked at your profile picture and smiled. Your 'fro is FIERCE! The fact that those girls had to go away from a party where they should have been having fun (instead of being busy thinking about what other people look like or where wearing) shows that they weren't just having fun when they were talking about you... they were hating and letting off frustration. I mean my GOD--you're that beautiful that they just couldn't stop thinking and talking about YOU. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] It reeks of their low self-confidence, and the fact that a lot of women get intimidated by natural beauty.

Forget them... rock your look.... god made you beautiful and haters can't take it.

thank you for telling her that. That fact that they had to take a pic...says Ms Haylee was getting all the real attention and those insecure sistas had nothing else to do. There was nothing fun about taking your picture without your permission....HATE is powerful...I would have given them another pic to post!! You want something to look at...here!!

NubieNattyTwn-kisha wrote:hayylee your fro is definitely fierce **waving pointer finger** and those haters are mad cuz they walkin around looking like everybody else and wish they had the ballz to even attempt to be apart of your natural journey! my lil sister laughs in my face but i shet that azz up when i start talkin bout how her edges look sizzled and sauteed from that dmn perm! DONT PHK WIT MY HAIR CUZ I'LL CUT A BYTCH!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ok wait, did i say that out loud, i had to vent that! i take it personal when people try to clown my CN fam, lol.

I love you!! tell it like it T I is!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by hayylee 25th January 2010, 2:35 am

Thank you Ladies, your words are really helping me right now!! When I woke up this morning (well afternoon) I was feeling a lot better about the situation and I realized that no matter what they say and do...I'm better than them. I LOVE MY HAIR (this week is my 1 yr anniversary!!) and I will be rockin my twist ALL WEEK in honor of last night, LOL!! Thank again ladies!
hayylee
hayylee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekaette 25th January 2010, 3:56 pm

I can't believe that girl had the balls to post a picture of you without your permission then refused to take it down after being called out
Is there any way to report the pic to twitter so they can make her take it down?
Ekaette
Ekaette

http://public.fotki.com/ekaette/

Back to top Go down

Post by hayylee 25th January 2010, 4:25 pm

I reported it and either she took it down or they took it down. When I said something to her about the picture she said it was "freedom of the press" LOL!
hayylee
hayylee

Back to top Go down

Post by MsLizziA 25th January 2010, 5:26 pm

People are ignorant and stupid. That was a total violation of your privacy and they were only talking, because they don't have the courage to go natural themselves. Please do ignore it and never let people get to you like that because your hair will speak for itself. Trust me!

NOTE: What's your name on twitter? Im on there too
MsLizziA
MsLizziA

http://strawberricurls.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 25th January 2010, 8:27 pm

yeah, man, your hair is fierce!! they are such lame-o's for worrying about some stranger's hair than rather just being merry at the party. geez....
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 25th January 2010, 8:29 pm

yoli wrote:I was completely natural through most of high school and part of college. (Wore a afro then... I'm going natural again). I don't remember people talking bad about my hair. They probably did.... but baby I always try to make myself feel FIERCE, so hater's chatter was probably drowned out by my confidence! I had plenty of guys who liked me, and girls who wanted to pull on my curls--lol.

couldn't have said it better!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 25th January 2010, 8:30 pm

NubieNattyTwn-kisha wrote:hayylee your fro is definitely fierce **waving pointer finger** and those haters are mad cuz they walkin around looking like everybody else and wish they had the ballz to even attempt to be apart of your natural journey! my lil sister laughs in my face but i shet that azz up when i start talkin bout how her edges look sizzled and sauteed from that dmn perm! DONT PHK WIT MY HAIR CUZ I'LL CUT A BYTCH!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ok wait, did i say that out loud, i had to vent that! i take it personal when people try to clown my CN fam, lol.

love it!!!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 25th January 2010, 8:47 pm

Let me guess....BooBoo's hair was jacked up, ate up, or otherwise to' up to be d*&@(% in some sort of fashion? Don't worry about it, when people are jealous, they strike out at who they are jealous of.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 25th January 2010, 9:17 pm

blondie wrote:Let me guess....BooBoo's hair was jacked up, ate up, or otherwise to' up to be d*&@(% in some sort of fashion? Don't worry about it, when people are jealous, they strike out at who they are jealous of.
so true, so true
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by hayylee 27th January 2010, 4:01 am

The girl and all her friends have ate up ends, no edges, weaved up, fried and dyed....the whole nine sooo....I could understand their ignorance towards natural hair, but I couldnt understand the immaturity. You guys have really helped me feel better and gave me a laugh, thanks again!
My twitter name is HayyLeeBaby
hayylee
hayylee

Back to top Go down

Post by Armywife 27th January 2010, 11:01 am

To hayylee, you are beautiful and don't let anyone tell you different. My family doesn't like me being natural at all. My oldest sister always have something to say when I visit. I tell her" you do you and I am going to do me!!!!!!"
Armywife
Armywife

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallydestined 27th January 2010, 11:06 am

I'm sorry you experienced that. I think this poor child is just steered by either stupidity or jealousy or both. You know who you are and your hair is gorgeous. Let the haters be your elevators.
naturallydestined
naturallydestined

http://members.fotki.com/NaturallyDestined/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by yaya 28th January 2010, 7:59 pm

Hayylee, You Better WORK!!! Your hair is a finger waggin' FIERCE!! Don't let the small minded attempt to box you in to thier standard of beuty. Her and her group of cronies are followers so next time you tell her to continue doing what she does best and that "Following the leader". Then you lead by flippin not your finger but your NATURAL hair at her and walk away with a mean switch. And leave it at that! Stay Strong Sista!
yaya
yaya

http://www.chroniclesofcarolee.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down